Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I'm just following the pattern on the 1st post here! I'm not doing the fpdc and bpdc, just plain old dc. I've had to play with things a few times, but I've learned from listening to everyone thats made one that it's very common, lol! I check for frilliness every round!:eek I hate frogging! Good luck! :hug

Okay...now I feel really dumb!!! :2blushI have read that first post several times and haven't seen that!!:think Thanks...I am hoping to add more points tonight or tomorrow. I am doing a 8 point star, will it matter? I will post a pic later tonight!! I am so excited...I love it...it looks great. I love being new to crocheting and actually making things like this and it being successful. P.S. What is frogging? :2frogIs that taking stiches out?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there! I've been reading the posts and looking at all of your beautiful afghans. I was so inspired, I decided to give it a shot! I started last night. I absolutely HAVE to figure out how to add the new points though. I really love how that looks!

P1010639.jpg

Welcome to the Cal, Lisa from Texas

Your 'ghan is really pretty, do you drive a Lexus?

Please post your pics and ask questions away

I look at the posts everyday!

Just be patient with us here since we play

but at the bottom of it all we love to crochet!

Making the extra points ~ Once I get to the row where I want to add points, I count down half way from point to valley. All stitches are counted, even those you will skip later.

row 1 - join yarn. ch 2 dc every remaining stitch till you get to the 2 stitches you need to skip and skip them and then finish up the other side so that it is even with both sides having the same number of stitches

row 2 *ch 2 turn, Now dc every stitch until the 2 you need to skip, then continue up the other side.*

row 3 - 5 repeat rows 1 & 2 till you have 2 dc on each side.(4)

ch 2 sk next 2 dc in last dc

sl st join and fasten off.

rejoin anywhere

work row 3 until you are ready to add the extra points again. <-- pertains to the original pattern

Work the Making the extra points as before

work row 3 until the desired size.

If you don't want to work in back and front posts, just don't and always crochet in the back loops only. <-- I did mine in front post and back post so skip this part, you can also do both loops too! :)

I reworded it to see if it helps. I reread it and it was just awful... and a friend asked me today why I don't write patterns! :lol

Tame my mind website also has a way of adding the points too! If you still can't get it, I can call you and help you out if you wish! or you can call me!

Nice seeing you peek in Miranda!

Okay...now I feel really dumb!!! :2blushI have read that first post several times and haven't seen that!!:think Thanks...I am hoping to add more points tonight or tomorrow. I am doing a 8 point star, will it matter? I will post a pic later tonight!! I am so excited...I love it...it looks great. I love being new to crocheting and actually making things like this and it being successful. P.S. What is frogging? :2frogIs that taking stiches out?

LOL, nothing to feel dumb about! We all do things like that! Can't wait to see your pic! I see that Sue has re-worded the pattern, so it might a little easier to figure out the points, too. THANKS SUE!!! And you got it right about frogging! I think I've taken more stitches out these past couple of weeks than I have since I started crocheting :eek! Of course, one project got totally put on hold I got so frustrated :angry. I'll get back to it though! :hook

LOL! Thank you for your poetic expression!! LOL

and no, I don't drive a Lexus! LOL!

And thank you for the pattern clarification, I have printed out to put with the pattern file.

I'm adding my points but there are much bigger than the previous points. I guess that will be okay looking but I am just wondering if that is going to mess me up later if I try to add more points because there won't be an even number of stitches. Does that make sense? Maybe I was supposed to wait to add the points later in the pattern. I may just continue on with this one and not add any new points then make another one based on what I've learned from making this "practice" blanket!

Thanks everybody! :)

Welcome to the Cal, Lisa from Texas

Your 'ghan is really pretty, do you drive a Lexus?

Please post your pics and ask questions away

I look at the posts everyday!

Just be patient with us here since we play

but at the bottom of it all we love to crochet!

Okay...I'm to the point of adding my new points and I am getting a little frustrated! I am doing an 8 point star and the stitches are different from Aggie May's, and I can't figure out to do my stiches. Hopefully logic will kick in and I can figure it out!:shrug

Okay...I'm to the point of adding my new points and I am getting a little frustrated! I am doing an 8 point star and the stitches are different from Aggie May's, and I can't figure out to do my stiches. Hopefully logic will kick in and I can figure it out!:shrug

Okay...I figured out to do my point for my pattern...cleaned up the house a little...told the kids to shower...and now I have forgetten what I did to make the point...I really should of wrote it down...I have an idea, let me try again...........after I go out with my sister to the movies and dinner!!! NO KIDS!!!!!!:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I started rr #3 last night. Got 7 rows done cause I had to frog the whole thing and redo with a smaller hook cause it ruffled. Now when do I get to change back to my H hook? guess I will have to play it by ear so to speak.

Okay...I figured out to do my point for my pattern...cleaned up the house a little...told the kids to shower...and now I have forgetten what I did to make the point...I really should of wrote it down...I have an idea, let me try again...........after I go out with my sister to the movies and dinner!!! NO KIDS!!!!!!:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Did you re-figure it out? Don't you just hate when you don't write things down,lol! How was the movie and dinner?!

I started rr #3 last night. Got 7 rows done cause I had to frog the whole thing and redo with a smaller hook cause it ruffled. Now when do I get to change back to my H hook? guess I will have to play it by ear so to speak.

:hug Wish I could help, but I haven't had to change hooks, except for my points. I'm doing Aggie May's check every round just to make sure that everything's ok! I'm so sick of frogging from my last project! :frog I think Sue changed hooks, hopefully she'll give you some encouraging news! :hook

Sisters night out was an absolute blast, we went to eat and then went to the movies. I did figure out what I did and I am going to add all my points today!! I'll post a pic tonight if I finish!

AGGIE MAY...sorry I misspelled your name "Annie May"... I was having a "Cherie" moment, like my kids say!

I am still fighting the points. I have one perfect one and the other two are too small or too tall. So despite a successful set of points addition already, these are being boogers. :lol

I WILL get these done tonight so I can crochet the last several rows (well maybe not all of the the rows) and not fight with the points during SnB tomorrow morning. :hook

My points are too big and I am struggling to keep it from ruffling. I able still able to get it to lay flat with some help. It's big enough to be a baby blanket now. I'm wondering if I should stop before the ruffles get out of hand?

P1010643.jpg

Lisa, it's beautiful! :cheer

I haven't touched mine for a day or two. Been trying to get a couple of scarves made and some squares that I promised finished. I should be able to get back to it tonight! I need to finish it. I'm feeling guilty working on something for myself, lol! Time to get more Christmas presents going! :eek

The delay in obtaining the Banana Berry yarn held me up in completing this afghan. I don't think I will attempt another one of these 8/16/32 pointers for a while. But the regular 12 point RR...well that's another story. They never seem to get tedious or boring.

Here it is...I am putting the completed one, and pix of some of the steps in "our" Photobucket account.

AztecSun7-1.jpg

The delay in obtaining the Banana Berry yarn held me up in completing this afghan. I don't think I will attempt another one of these 8/16/32 pointers for a while. But the regular 12 point RR...well that's another story. They never seem to get tedious or boring.

Here it is...I am putting the completed one, and pix of some of the steps in "our" Photobucket account.

AztecSun7-1.jpg

How did you add the extra points...I am doing an 8-16-32 point star...I am putting the extra points now and just wanted to see how you did it. It is a little tedious! Your afghan looks great...it looks like a painting...like chalk on the sidewalk! I love it!!

It's beautiful!

AztecSun7-1.jpg

AztecSun7-1.jpg

With the varigated it almost has the look of a painting by Monet or any of the others using his same style. It ended very beautifully.

Ok, I'm on round four, and it's kind of scrunching a bit. I'm not too worried about that, though...I'm more concerned about the holes that result from skipping two double crochet in the valleys. I remember seeing a picture of a round ripple with no holes. Does anyone have an alternate pattern like that?

This is a wedding present. I used Aggie May's 12 point pattern, RoseReds suggestions for the points and RH 1 pounder, black and RHSS soft white with the border of rsc in RHSS zebra. It measures 65" across.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=2003_0124crochetitems0003.jpg

I love your blanket! What method did you use to add your extra points? It looks like you did it differently than I did mine from what I can tell in the picture.

This is a wedding present. I used Aggie May's 12 point pattern, RoseReds suggestions for the points and RH 1 pounder, black and RHSS soft white with the border of rsc in RHSS zebra. It measures 65" across.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=2003_0124crochetitems0003.jpg

It is 3 rows of DC with sc around it, and a granny corner in each, then each point is sewn on. It is a square. I had way too much trouble with the directions at the beginning of this CAL and RoseRed :hug came to my rescue. I am sure she will help you out.

Archived