Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

In case you were wondering what I looked like today: frog.gif

hahaha thats all i've done anyways! Couldn't get the ruffles to lay flat so frogged the whole thing. I am changing the pattern I am using to a pattern from a Leisure Arts Little Book called "Aztec Sun" I will not be using the original colors but still fun bright colors. Here is the first section completed: rrrow9.jpg

Now if I want to add a white border in between colors do I do a row of single crochet all the way around? or should I do double crochet? or do I need to follow the pattern exactly and complete the next row it calls for? AAGGHH help so I don't mess it up again! :oops:help:scared:yell Thanks!

Very pretty color! Sorry about all that frogging! I sure do understand. I've been doing enough of that myself lately, lol! Wish I could help with the Aztec Sun, but I've never done one. Several folk here have though, so hopefully they'll pop in and give you some hints! :cheer

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the help with the photos.... I thought I dont know what I thought... anyways....

the blue cow? you dont like it? I started this as a rr for my husband... I picked up the yarn at wal-mart.... It called my name from across the store... when I got to it, it jumped off the rack into my buggy.... dam yarn!!!!! :D So I did it black and blue stripes... for some reason it didnt like to be that way.... so I frogged it.... rolled it up.. put it away... I heard it again.... ever so faintly calling me... this is the way it wanted to be.. blotchy... like a cows spots? I like it tho...

Liquid Lunches? Sounds like a plan to me..... havent done it lately tho... Might have to try that....

Cathy

Life has been hectic these past few days and I haven't been able to pick up my RR's. I did post a pic and noone said anything about it...I'll post it again...I want to know if it looks good...if the color and the pattern are good...Tell me what ya'll think! Does it look masculine?

RowAdded.jpg?t=1208489570

I think it's definitely masculine....great look!:clap

I've worked with camo before...and love the interesting pattern that evolves. It's always different!

Everybody's RR's are wonderful!

Hope I can join in soon. Not looking too good with all the other UFO's I'm trying to finish but we shall see!!!

T-

Judy,

I am working on the graph that you sent me..... I believe that I will finish it today!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

That's great!:cheer:cheer

Thanks for the poem Sue!! I haven't given up. I tried to crochet last night but I fell asleep. woke up this morning with my hook in one hand and rr in the other. now if I could just crochet in my sleep!! Yes I will be here until december cause I am only on Number 3 out of 7 round ripples. We got a toddler bed at a yard sale for my nephew to use when he is here so I have to sew a couple of crib sheets and a blanket for that sometime. Might do a fleece blanket and save some time. He don't use blankets anyway!! Oh well I am working midnight shift again tonight and saturday so I will check in sometime Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

I have three star (5 point rr) going on right now that I keep going back and forth between.

The boy across he street came over to play with my DD and saw me working on one and said "that is the coolest thing I have ever seen!", LOL!!!! He asked me to make him one, and said that he didn't even care what color it was, except pink and purple, lol! Then a little while later I head him telling my DD that his birthday is next month and she's invited, so I started one for him last night that my DD will give him for a gift. ;)

I have really enjoyed making them! now I just need to figure out how to make a 12 point one. The directions have completely confused me, lol!

Still stuck on mine!

If I want to do a white row in between each color can I do just a single or double crochet all the way around? Or do I need to do the next row in the pattern to avoid messing it up?

Thanks!

I have put a single crochet round on my RR...Just make sure you skip the stitches you normally skip and stick with the pattern on the points.

Life has been hectic these past few days and I haven't been able to pick up my RR's. I did post a pic and noone said anything about it...I'll post it again...I want to know if it looks good...if the color and the pattern are good...Tell me what ya'll think! Does it look masculine?

I have never seen one look more masculine than this one! Looks GREAT!

Long time no see . . . I have several to post soon, including new patterns, but am busy with school now. SOON! I have not forgotten you all! Hugs!

Hope you do well in school and can't wait to see the new ones!

hahaha thats all i've done anyways! Couldn't get the ruffles to lay flat so frogged the whole thing. I am changing the pattern I am using to a pattern from a Leisure Arts Little Book called "Aztec Sun" I will not be using the original colors but still fun bright colors. Here is the first section completed: rrrow9.jpg

Now if I want to add a white border in between colors do I do a row of single crochet all the way around? or should I do double crochet? or do I need to follow the pattern exactly and complete the next row it calls for? AAGGHH help so I don't mess it up again! :oops:help:scared:yell Thanks!

I personally would follow the pattern but then I don't really follow patterns so you can always rest assured that it can always be frogged!

Thanks for the help with the photos.... I thought I dont know what I thought... anyways....

the blue cow? you dont like it? I started this as a rr for my husband... I picked up the yarn at wal-mart.... It called my name from across the store... when I got to it, it jumped off the rack into my buggy.... dam yarn!!!!! :D So I did it black and blue stripes... for some reason it didnt like to be that way.... so I frogged it.... rolled it up.. put it away... I heard it again.... ever so faintly calling me... this is the way it wanted to be.. blotchy... like a cows spots? I like it tho...

Liquid Lunches? Sounds like a plan to me..... havent done it lately tho... Might have to try that....

Cathy

:hugAw Cathy, I wasn't saying I didn't like the name, I just cracked me up! It is ever so clever of you to come up with it since it does resemble a blue cow! Hey, would it give blueberry milk? I haven't done the liquid lunch for a long time too... several decades in fact! :(

Thanks for the poem Sue!! I haven't given up. I tried to crochet last night but I fell asleep. woke up this morning with my hook in one hand and rr in the other. now if I could just crochet in my sleep!! Yes I will be here until december cause I am only on Number 3 out of 7 round ripples. We got a toddler bed at a yard sale for my nephew to use when he is here so I have to sew a couple of crib sheets and a blanket for that sometime. Might do a fleece blanket and save some time. He don't use blankets anyway!! Oh well I am working midnight shift again tonight and saturday so I will check in sometime Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

You're welcome! We'll be here for you! :yes

Still stuck on mine!

If I want to do a white row in between each color can I do just a single or double crochet all the way around? Or do I need to do the next row in the pattern to avoid messing it up?

Thanks!

Once again, if you are following a pattern and deviate from it, then you run the risk of having to make alterations later since the rows following the one you changed are hinged upon it. So just be careful if you do make changes and don't like to frog. :hook

I have three star (5 point rr) going on right now that I keep going back and forth between.

The boy across he street came over to play with my DD and saw me working on one and said "that is the coolest thing I have ever seen!", LOL!!!! He asked me to make him one, and said that he didn't even care what color it was, except pink and purple, lol! Then a little while later I head him telling my DD that his birthday is next month and she's invited, so I started one for him last night that my DD will give him for a gift. ;)

I have really enjoyed making them! now I just need to figure out how to make a 12 point one. The directions have completely confused me, lol!

This is so cool! :cheer

Now... Here is mine so far. DH said it looks like a sunflower! I agree with him!

Rainbow+rr+001.jpg

Love your color choice and your progress so far, I did the aztec sun pattern in different colors also. Here is my completed aztec sun, and one that I started and stopped when it looked big enough.(this one is a rug)

DSCN4399-1.jpgDSCN4369.jpg

I didn't do borders on mine, so I can't help with that sorry :(

Sue...that does look like a sunflower! I love it! I've been crocheting off and on today on my 5 point. Here's a pic...

100_4736.jpg?t=1208664034

And there is my daughter watching T.V....

I'm going to put a white cloudy border and continue with the white.

Just beautiful, I like the pattern you have done so far.

Jayda005.jpg?t=1208518540

The blue cow :o)

cathy

Yep its a blue cow alright and its beautiful, love the blue color.

Now... Here is mine so far. DH said it looks like a sunflower! I agree with him!

Rainbow+rr+001.jpg

Sue great sunflower.

Here is my completed aztec sun, and one that I started and stopped when it looked big enough.(this one is a rug)

DSCN4369-1.jpg

I didn't do borders on mine, so I can't help with that sorry :(

Very pretty.

I love it! I've been crocheting off and on today on my 5 point. Here's a pic...

100_4736.jpg?t=1208664034

And there is my daughter watching T.V....

I'm going to put a white cloudy border and continue with the white.

Clayton very nice starghan.

Great job everyone! The pics of your ghans are all so pretty! :cheer I haven't touched mine for a bit. Been working on scarves and trying to finish reading a library book that's due Tuesday!:eek I guess I've lost some motivation too, since I'm at the point of adding points, lol! But seeing all your lovely pics has given me some motivation back! Only 10 more points to add until I start doing rounds again! :crocheting

Here is my rainbow set ghan all finished. The colors came out great but the finish didnt. Its not laying flat and there was nothing in the pattern that I could do to change it. I did use a size 3.5mm hook so maybe if I had gone to a 4 or 5 it might have been better. Anyway when you use it in a cot its not going to matter I guess.

th_P1030394.jpg

Thankx everyone!

Great job everyone! The pics of your ghans are all so pretty! :cheer I haven't touched mine for a bit. Been working on scarves and trying to finish reading a library book that's due Tuesday!:eek I guess I've lost some motivation too, since I'm at the point of adding points, lol! But seeing all your lovely pics has given me some motivation back! Only 10 more points to add until I start doing rounds again! :crocheting

When adding points and it is not fun to do

look at it as a break as something new:D

They really don't take much time at all

just do one or two each day, and be a doll:c9

After you are done, you will feel so much better

Then around you go again being the go getter!:yes

Each time you go down to the valley floor

you won't crochet as many stitches as before:yay

but by adding points, which does make you daff

does allow you to cut your stitches by half:hook

So get off your bum and pick up that ghan

and crochet just a little a day or what you can:cheer

before you know it, it will be done

and then you can start on the Aztec Sun?:devil

Here is my rainbow set ghan all finished. The colors came out great but the finish didnt. Its not laying flat and there was nothing in the pattern that I could do to change it. I did use a size 3.5mm hook so maybe if I had gone to a 4 or 5 it might have been better. Anyway when you use it in a cot its not going to matter I guess.

th_P1030394.jpg

Wendy, that is so pretty and the reason it isn't laying flat is so you can crawl under it and the pattern will still look right! :yes I like the colors too!

Archived