Halcyon Shawl

cajunwhacko

I made this shawl for my sister in law who's due to have her first the beginning of June. I liked the story behind it and thought she'd like something that would be for her and not for the baby. It should come in handy too. I used Peacock American Hand Spun in Blue Skies and a K hook. I still have almost half of the 2 pound cone left too. Anyway, here it is.

th_halcyonback.jpg

th_halcyonfront.jpg

I think the shawl is very pretty. I love the color that you used. I'm just waiting for someone I know to get pregant so I can make it for them. Granted I might make for myself because I like the pattern.

Crocheted Monkey:cheer

That's gorgeous, I want one and I'm not having any more kids. Might make me one when I finish my pineapple shawl I started yesterday.

It looks really comfy :c9

:frog

There's a story behind that pattern?

If I have another baby someday I want one ... lol. That's lovely - it would be really nice for nursing, either home or out and about - privacy that looks pretty too!

I want to make myself one..I'm not pregnant but I have a 4 1/2 month old...but heck, I think if it really does give you the power to calm the waters and such then everyone deserves one because we could all use that once in a while...lol. Anyway I have some Paton's Divine in Halo Blue I am going to use for it.

Yours looks great, thanks for posting pics. I've been wanting to see some more pics of them. She'll love :manyheart it!

That's lovely. How long did it take you? I'm thinking of starting one for myself, but have been having major attention-span issues with bigger projects lately (currently have about 4 biggish WIPs).

Thanks everybody! I was thinking of it as a nursing shawl too. Cozy and comfy and plenty of room, and pretty to boot.

I started it on Monday I think, and then worked on it off and on until I finished it the next Monday. I think I spent about 2 or 3 hours on it per night, so it took maybe 15-20 hours total? (I worked on it more my days off.) I've been told that I crochet really fast, but this is a pretty easy pattern because it's all hdc until you get to the crossed trebles. I did notice that I had to do 3 in the first stitch instead of 2 up until it got to about 120 stitches across because the numbers wouldn't work out right. I forget how many rows were like that, but it was the first page's worth when I printed it out. The count doesn't really matter a whole lot as long as you can fudge the crossed trebles, the 5 rows of them were the hardest for me because I couldn't use my index finger to control the hook when I did the yo's (my first two fingers are still numb, so I'm completely controlling the hook with my ring finger and pinky, heaven only knows how!)

So, now that I've written a novel... lol

Off to my next project, the infamous mango/high energy variegated romper for baby!

Archived