Favorite Crochet Patterns.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:think:think:thinkSo many collected over many years...I date back a long time

cant really pick one...but right now anything by Priscilla Hewitt always turns out nice......this makes a great shower wedding gift ....SKIPPING STONES AFGHAN (free pdf)

http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Free%20Afghans.pdf

Me too! :c9 I wonder 'what' I would crochet if this were not available :think

I actually frogged a double wedding ring to do the RR instead. It's quicker. The DWR isn't bad, but the inserts drove me nuts and took too long!

Right now I'm really enjoying just plain ole ripple blankets. I'm also really enjoying making shawls; I have 4 in progress/mind (one's a gift), using Pumamouse's pattern and I will be making Vanna's Sweet Scallops shawl and I've finished a ripple wrap, and there is nothing quite so cozy as a crocheted shawl.

Granny squares! Yep, that sounds boring but it is not to me :lol I just love making them.

Beautiful thread patterns in Japanese books and Magic Crochet magazine. I like to just look at the delicate, precise patterns and the diagrams, even if I am not planning on making anything at the moment.

Tops in Everyday Crochet by Doris Chan. I have GOT to decide on a yarn substitute so I can start one for real.

I also loved the rr but right now I'm into 18 American Girl Doll clothes and baby doll clothes. I have twin granddaughters and a grandniece to make doll clothes for. I gotten several patterns free on-line and I purchased some as well. What I'm discovering is I am learning a lot and it doesn't take a lot of time or yarn. I'm having a ball!

Baby Hats. :c9

Chain 3. DC in first chain 12-13 times. Then join.

Chain 3 then 1 DC in first chain then 2 DC in each chain then join

Basic increases on each round till it's the right diameter, then DC in each chain, joining at the end of each round, etc.

This common pattern is in my head and each hat turns out a little different with varied tension, hook size and yarn choice. The edge of the hats also have all kinds of trims. That's where I get out of my meditative zone and get creative. I've made dozens of these little hats and they are addicting. No other pattern comes close since this fulfills my passion for crocheting in the round. The DC stitch is also super for the baby and preemie hats since it expands just enough. Working with baby yarn is soft on my fingers and the colors are nice and soothing to the eye.

I also loved the rr but right now I'm into 18 American Girl Doll clothes and baby doll clothes. I have twin granddaughters and a grandniece to make doll clothes for. I gotten several patterns free on-line and I purchased some as well. What I'm discovering is I am learning a lot and it doesn't take a lot of time or yarn. I'm having a ball!

You should check out my Duds for Doras yahoo group as we have some 18inch and CPK patterns as well as the ones for Dora.

I love to create doll clothes best of all.

I'm going to have to try one of those round ripples. I need to find a quick and easy baby blanket, and those are beautiful!

As to my favorites: hats and scarves, no pattern. I like that both are fairly basic, so you can get creative and try out different stitches. (Does that count?!)

I also love Japanese crochet patterns. I like following diagrams, in general. And the Japanese patterns are always pretty hip - not that I am! Only problem is figuring out the right yarn weight and hook size. Sigh.

Archived