Sweater Reborn-Peachy Pineapple Shawl

Chatty

I started this Saturday afternoon and finished it just a little while ago. I used yarn that I had frogged from a cardigan. It was made with 2 strands of fingering weight yarn held together and I kept it that way in the shawl. I used almost every scrap of yarn that I frogged from the sweater in the shawl and only had enough to do the first round of edging, which makes it look fine to me.

I'm giving it to my mom when they come down to visit next week as her Mother's Day gift. It'll be plenty big enough since I'm bigger than she is and it wraps around me with room to spare. I'd say it's at least an x-large and I used a K hook. The yarn is 55% ramie/45% acrylic and really soft.

It's in my blogger:

Pineapple Shawl

:frog

Glad that you did it too.. :) The next one that I am making I am going to be using a J hook. I didnt add the last round of the trim either. I had started but honestly the picots did not look good for a shawl.

Glad that you did it too.. :) The next one that I am making I am going to be using a J hook. I didnt add the last round of the trim either. I had started but honestly the picots did not look good for a shawl.

I wouldn't think they would either but the shell edging pulled the whole thing together.

I probably could have used a J hook but I wanted to be sure it would would be nice and snuggly. I think I liked the way it came out with the K hook.

I have some Homespun in a black/white twist that I had bought for a cocoon but I might switch it to one of these shawls instead, I really, really want one, it's so snuggly :c9

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I'm sure Mom will love it too, she loves the pineapple pattern and this will be a big surprise for her.

WOW! I love that shawl. It's still one of my WIM projects but sooner or later I will get to it. Great job!

Thanks everyone. I just showed a pic of it to my mom and dad, he had buzzed me on ICQ to remind me when they'll be down at Aunt Dot's. Mom said it's beautiful :yay

Wow! That is great! I just love how that patterns out when you do it with the worsted weight yarn! I really need to try it one of these days!! I am sure that your mum will love it!

I like the way it does with yarn too, it's really snuggly and comfy.

I've started me one in Homespun black/white twist, you can't see the pattern as well but it's going to be really soft and comfy when I'm done with it.

This is just gorgeous!

Now, I want to make one for my Mom for Christmas. She is 79 years old and LOVES the shawls that I make her. This one is a MUST do for her.

Do you think that regular chenille will work for this? Maybe if I put 2 threads together? It is the really skinny stuff (not the chunky).

Could it work?? Hmmm....any suggestions would be appreciated!:hook

I'm sure if you held 2 strands together it would do great. The one I did I held 2 strands of fingering weight together and used a K hook.

My newest one is being done in Homespun Metropolis, a black/white twist and really chunky. You can't see the pattern as well unless you hold it up to the light but it's really soft. I'm also using a K hook on it, I think it's going to turn out to be about a 2X, bigger than the peachy one.

Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Will do! I have a huge cone of black chenille that I won off of Ebay for a ridiculous price. That would be really cool for my mom.

I'll let you know!!

Archived