Potential Crochetville Crochet Retreat?

Amy

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? $60.00
  2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? Fri/Sat
  3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? regular is fine
  4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? closing dinner
  5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? either is fine with me
  6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? the cost structure is fine with me, its the distance that would be a problem.
  7. How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat (1=very, 5=not very)? 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would cost me almost $1,000 also. I'd be coming from Central PA. Unfortunantly, money is very tight right now for us. I would have to save up for it. I am still very interested, but, probably need about a year to plan. Darn :ohdear.

I know we can't jump into this too soon. Someone has to host a trial. Hopefully there will be plenty of Crochetvillers that are down in that area that can make it. Regional get togethers would be great someday.

QUESTIONS:

Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? $60, an additional 10 for snacks is dirt cheap

Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? hmmm... toughie but if I'm paying airfaire, through Sunday noon at least.

Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? regular is just fine.

Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? interesting... either way would be fine by me

Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? either works usually, but neither this year as my baby is due in June.

Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? Yes, in a year or so when the baby is old enough (read I'm ready) to be left for a weekend with daddy.

How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat (1=very, 5=not very)? I'll give this one a 2. I'd love to go, but may not be able to schedule-wise. (That and I think it should happen anyhow)

Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost?

Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? 3 day since I will drive down

Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room?executive It's a vacation!

Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? dinner w/ fashion show

Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? either works for me

Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? yes

How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat (1=very, 5=not very)? 111111111!

This sounds awsome. Since I'm a newby it would be my first.

Looks like most of the folks are more north and need something closer...~hmmm~ now Donna lives in most beautiful town ..very touristy and has a new remodeled Harris Teeter... you could move it a couple of states north;)

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? I like the option with snacks.
  2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? No preference
  3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? regular room
  4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? probably means on my own, or we could have signs ups with each other at various restaurants nearby.

5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? I think I could do either, depending on that particular weekend

6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? yes ma'am

7. How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat (1=very, 5=not very)? 1

This sounds great. So many things I'd like to go to are held in New York, or Minnesota or another place that would be impractical to go to for only a day or two. Huntsville is less than 2 hours from home. Yee haw!

susan

The prices seem reasonable enough, but the airfare, etc. is prohibitive to come for a weekend retreat. This is great, however, for people more local to the location. I would be more interested if it was a full-on convention type affair with lots of events, classes, workshops, etc.

I live in Huntsville and I have been checking air prices coming into Huntsville ( for another reason) they are high. I have checked into Nashville which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive -for weeks I have been checking on they are quite lower. You might be able to fly in there and then rent a car. Just a thought .

Huntsville is probably high because there aren't too many direct flights that fly into there. You probably have to change planes at a larger airport (Atlanta, Charlotte, etc).

Flying into Nashville and renting a car would probably be cheaper. Maybe a group of y'all might fly into Nashville within a few hours of each other and only rent one car. That would cut costs even more.

Actually, since airfare is so much cheaper into Nashville, I may just take a look around and see what kind of hotels are available there. I wouldn't mind driving up there for the weekend!

Actually, since airfare is so much cheaper into Nashville, I may just take a look around and see what kind of hotels are available there. I wouldn't mind driving up there for the weekend!

Cool. :clap I think that would be closer for most of us. It's only a 5 hour drive for me.

I'm very interested in a retreat.........

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? I like the option with snacks.
  2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? $75 Fri/Sat/Sun
  3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? Regular room
  4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? Meals on my own......don't care too much for fashion shows......
  5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? September would be better for me.....
  6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? Yes!

I think this is a great, great idea! :yes Huntsville is good for me although Nashville would work also.

Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? $60 - must have snacks!

Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? Fri/Sat/Sun

Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? regular

Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? closing dinner

Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? either

Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? yes!!

How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat 1 (1=very, 5=not very)?

Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? After you get your first retreat under your belt, would you consider having them in different locations around the US for those who can not travel to Alabama :eek ?? Maybe a west coast, east coast ( :cheer ), north, south, midwest, mideast? I would love to attend, but flying is not in my budget...would be willing to drive 4-6 hours to get to a retreat though - would even consider picking up passengers to share the ride.

This sounds like a great idea!

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? $60 with snacks
  2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? $50 would be good, then everyone can have Sunday to get back home.
  3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? Executive Level
  4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? Closing dinner would be fun.
  5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? I vote for June.
  6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? Yes

I have a daughter in MA and one who attended school in Portland, OR for a couple of years, so I've bought a LOT of airline tickets during the past few years. I've found that coming from the northeast, it's often cheapest to fly into Nashville or even Knoxville. Flying from the west is almost always cheaper to/from Nashville than other points south. Southwest flies there, which is often cheap, but other airlines will often have a better price. The Nashville airport is also easy to navigate (compared to ATL). I flew to Portland, OR a few months ago for less than $250 roundtrip.

susan

The retreat costs are more than reasonable, and I'm sure we could go four in a room or something to cut lodging costs, but for me it's the airfare. I just checked on that weekend from State College, PA to Huntsville is about $375. I think I'll now check the airfare to Nashville since Amy is looking in to there.

I am all into this! Great idea Amy!

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? I'd go with the $60 to cover refreshments
  2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? $50 Fri/Sat as I'd have to fly back to Maryland on Sunday
  3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? Probably the executive level as DH would more than likely come with me... we've got friends down there for him to spend time with (He used to work for NASA)
  4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? The fashion show would be awesome... even if it wasn't during a dinner.
  5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? I know the heat in Alabama is a force within itself in summer, but I'd prefer June. My entire household will be in school in September.
  6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure? Yep... I could fly Northwest down there for 200; that's very doable.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds so fantastic! I just saw this --- now i need to go find out the price of airfair to get there from Los Angeles!!!

I am so far away!!!! I think my husband would think i am off my rocker!

• 2 weeks later...

Airfare is double from Charlotte to Huntsville vs Charlotte to Nashville.

1. Would you prefer the $50 bare-bones retreat cost or the $60 with snacks cost? $60 is like everyone else says worth the snacks

2. Would you prefer a $50 Fri/Sat retreat or a $75 Fri/Sat/Sun retreat? $75 Fri/Sat/Sun If I am coming this far AND I want to stay as long as possible

3. Would you prefer the regular room or the executive level room? regular room especially since I don't plan but only to sleep in it.

4. Would you prefer to have a closing dinner with fashion show (approximate cost of $30) or to have all meals on your own? A closing dinner but I don't really care about the fashion show. I would rather like to see everyone's items on display set around. A doily den... the Afghan Alley... The Baby's Nursery... Familyroom fashions... The toyroom... you get the picture.

5. Would June or September be a better time of year for you to attend? September but August would be best!

6. Would you be able to attend a retreat with this cost structure?

The cost of the retreat is cheap by most standards... I though am also cheap! Yes, the retreat I could attend at those costs!

7. How interested are you in attending a Crochetville-sponsored retreat (1=very, 5=not very)? 1 Very interested and then some!

Too bad we couldn't have it closer to Donna so I could just drive! ;)

Archived