wanted to share my hany idea

i was sick of the ball rolling off my lap or beside me on the lounge so i have discovered that if i stand up my balls of yarn that have a center pull and squish them (not too much :)) so the ball wont pull out, the bucket works really well !!! i just have it on the floor beside me with the colours that i am using for the current project

if i help one frustrated crocheter it was worth sharing :lol

IMG_2585.jpg

I think that's a nifty idea! You could also put a cup or something similar in it to hold your hooks, or scissors, etc. Like an at home tote! Plus it has a handle, so it would be easy to carry around. :clap

I think that's a nifty idea! You could also put a cup or something similar in it to hold your hooks, or scissors, etc. Like an at home tote! Plus it has a handle, so it would be easy to carry around. :clap

oo i like that idea of the cup for the hooks !!!! thanks :hug

I love your idea, its great for crocheting with more then 2 colors and everything is together right there. I'm am crocheting on our grandson summer blanket but its put on the side for now till I get the doily done. I'm using like 4 or 5 different colors thru out the afghan for our grandson. Now I got to get me a bucket~~~ thanks for the idea. I love it. No more going back and forth into the other room changing colors. I always use my yarn bag, but for the living room by my rocking chair. This is great. Just pull one out and put in my chair by my lap. When I'm done put it back in the bucket and pull out the other color.

thanks again,

sunnywolfgar

This is why women used to use yarn baskets.

My next youngest sister just surprised me with a gift of a yarn basket, and gave one to my older sister too. These are approx the size of a bucket, but slightly wider one direction because they're oval and a little shorter than a bucket. Also we will have to make liners for them. I do love baskets, so I'll probably do it so I can use this basket.

Since I always have many projects going at once, your idea of using a bucket has given me another idea too. I bought a couple new buckets recently at the dollar store, and along with them I picked up 2 small laundry baskets and 2 high-sided, plastic, wash basins for doing hand wash laundry items. The basins are shorter but wider than a bucket, but I'll bet they'll work great for yarn! I'll try them out.

this is a great and inexpensive idea! thanks for sharing it. you can also get some very sturdy buckets from wal-mart or target. The icing comes in these really nice heavy buckets and they just toss them when they are empty. I stopped and asked if I could get them to save some for me and they said yes. When I went back I got several and we use them for tons of things...they also have lids so you could store yarn in them also. Just stop by the bakery and ask...they were very nice about it at both stores

That's a great idea, especially a lidded bucket. Actually I've used one of these forever, (same principle but a little more expensive) but you can fold it up and tote it around. (mine doesn't have the snap-on pouches)

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616766318_-1_15059_15084

Love this idea! I'm working on the Babette blanket and it's taking a lot of different yarn and you change every round or 2 or 3 on small squares. And so I'm always grabbing another color too quick and so mine end up laying around near me on my bed or on the floor... :P and this would be much nicer and easier and easier to put away when I'm done.

Thanks so mcuh for sharing:cheer:cheer

Debbi

There used to be a big oval basket you could find at K-Mart or Wal-Mart, it had handles and would hold a lot of yarn plus the project you were working on. I haven't found one for about 20 years, but would love to find one again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived