Hi from Tasmania, Australia

perigrine

Hi there folks!

I am from Tassie and have been crocheting for some 14 years. I learnt from watching an older lady teach someone else. Way back then I couldn't do anything but squares :-/ I didn't know much of anything then.

This past year I have extended my knowledge thanks to the internet and have learnt many new things (like making sure you have the correct hook and yarn) - I use mostly American patterns and of course, they are in US terms. Transferring 'worsted weight yarn' into 'ply' is awkward. I still don't have it right.

Thanks to Ebay I have a range of different size hooks which is far more useful than the old 3.5mm I always used.

Last summer (`2003/4) I was really into making hats/beanies/head scarves. Then over winter I got into ponchos. Then I got onto socks, next came afghans. I recently finished a baby blanket for my sisters unborn and a couple of matching hats. I have plans to make a 5 pointed start poncho, and a hexagon one as soon as I find the yarn for them.

Crochet is mcuh better than knitting, IMHO, because you can do it anywhere and if you have a spare hook in your bag, you can even try out differnt yarns in the op shops! ( I get some funny looks when I do this. )

Anyway, its time to get on and finish this hat..or scarf...or bed spread..or..you get the idea, I'm sure. ;)

I'll chat to you all again at some stage.

Hi Monique! *waving from Sydney*. Welcome to the board! I can't wait to see your creations!! I am finding there is a *serious* knitting bias here which makes ot hard to find crochet patterns I like. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Bec:D

here is one

http://public.fotki.com/perigrine/crocheted_items_by_me/

and here is another

http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/perigrine2/

I only have an el cheapo camera that doesn't have a flash, so picture taking depends largely on the weather! oh..and batteries :s

Hello Monique! Sending you a friendly hello from Belgium! You've done some great work! I love the Nickles poncho - the color is fab! Is there a pattern available?

I have recently been made welcome here too so it is my turn to say "Welcome neighbour." Well, we are almost neighbours compared to the people in the US and other parts of the globe.

Seems like a lot of friendly people here so you will enjoy reading all the posts.

I am still finding my way about and have managed to post a few things and also lose a few things, thinking I had posted them.

Have fun.

Colleen:cheer :hug:cheer

Hi Monique. I almost fell over laughing at the crocheted womb. :blush

Hey, I almost married a man 20 years ago who was from Hobart. His photos of home were gorgeous. If I hadn't been so grown-up, I'd have married him just to go see your gorgeous island. Welcome aboard!

Patty

Archived