Hi from Tasmania, Australia

perigrine

HI there,

Nickle's poncho was worked from this pattern - http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e02723&categoryid= - But with variations. I thought the beads would be fun, and they were - for the four week old kittens I had at the time. The pattern was hellishly confusing, but I am creative/sensible enough to adapt the wrong parts to something that worked.

BTW - Nickle is my little sister who is 35 weeks with baby number 2 ;)

heh, yeah..that was an interesting...experience. I made it [the crochet womb] 'to see if I could' because of a post in the Live Journal crochet community. The OP had a link to a knitted one, and wanted to know if there was a crochet version around....so I had to try it..it sorta worked ;)

Hi there neighbour :welcome My name is Sam and I live in Melbourne, so I think we are the closest neighbours. I am in the same boat with trying to work out the ply of worsted weight. Have you got any good wool shops over there, or Spotlight? Let me know.

Great to see another Aussie on board. You also might want to participate in hosting Jonah in Tasmania, a soft toy that is going to be travelling around the world. When I find the link, I will pass it on

Sam

Hi there neighbour :welcome My name is Sam and I live in Melbourne, so I think we are the closest neighbours. I am in the same boat with trying to work out the ply of worsted weight. Have you got any good wool shops over there, or Spotlight? Let me know.

Great to see another Aussie on board. You also might want to participate in hosting Jonah in Tasmania, a soft toy that is going to be travelling around the world. When I find the link, I will pass it on

Sam

If I don't get yarn at Spotlight, then I go to Kmart when they have a percentage off Manchester. This week is good, at 30% ;)

I often find good bargins at the op shops. Lately cotton has been abounding. Full skeins for like 2$ - a skein would probably hold two or three balls that we find. Or I'll find a cone of yarn for like 5$. Colors are wide and varied, but for stocking up one's stash, it is a great thing.

The local markets is another place. I was at a fairly big one a couple of weeks ago and found bags of yarn for like 10$ - a tad expensive, but if you are looking for a color that is now out of stock or whatever, it is worth a look. Best to go without money the first time!

Course, if you look in the phone book you can find other wool shops. I am not game enough to go into them though. Most (like all three in northern Tasmania) seem to be of the small very expensive type place. I am sure there are some more down south though.

Here is the link I mentioned. I think he is coming here and also to Frangipani in Sydney. I hope I have done this correctly

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6782

Sam

Oh, I would absolutely LOVE to billet him. *rubs hands* It would be sooo cool. *starts planning an itinerary*

How does one go about getting his er..'passport to Tasmania'?

Hi to the Aussies from a little Kiwi.

I hope you get better service at your Spotlight store than we do in Hamilton. I have walked out of there so many times without my purchase, I am getting fed up. The trouble is, there is really nowhere else to shop for a large selection of Handcraft stuff.

It seems to me that the customers get in the way of their work and after having a shop myself for many years, it is very disappointing that service is not available now.

I have a VIP card which I feel like sending back because I dont feel like a VIP.

On a happier note, Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums, Grandmums & Great Grandmums.

:hug

Have fun.

Colleen

Archived