2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I know I have not shot the moon this week for the group totals, but I think I did it on a personal level -82:eek for my weekly score. Brings my YTD total to a -57. Not sure how quick I can work out of that negative #. Asked hubby if he thinks I got enough yarn this week to last me a long time. "Nope," he says "maybe a couple months". Guess this means I have his full approval to buy more yarn in two months time. hehehehehe (gotta love that man:manyheart)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to add my totals this early but I have my daughters birthday party and then a friends daughter is singing in Westerville tonight so I have no choice. I am working on another afghan that is 1/2 way completed. I really like this CAL because I am always looking forward to seeing how much yarn I can use up. Good Luck everyone.

I'm posting now since I won't be able to later today (and won't get any busting done). I was gifted 14 skeins of all sorts of beautiful yarn by my SP (alpaca and spy and oh boy - nice stuff!) And I busted one skein onan afghan. My totals:

WTD: -20 (-30 YTD)

Sorry about that Karen - I felt very guilty about sending them to you...but I know that you can bust through!!!:hug

I was only able to bust through 3 points this week - working on this and that - mainly on a ghan for PRA

WTD +3

I need to join in this CAL, I just went through my craft closet.... I HAVE 4 BOXES OF YARN... dont know what to do with it all.... but i definately need to get rid of some of it..... what ya'll working on? something new everyday?

Thanks a bunch,

Cathy

Sorry about that Karen - I felt very guilty about sending them to you...but I know that you can bust through!!!:hug

I forgive you Kelly :hug I look forward to working my way through that nice stuff you gave me :manyheart

I kind of wish I only had 4 Boxes of yarn! I have over 40 totes of yarn!!! - I am at a -53 this week (my Mom brought me a bunch of yarn she got for me) & a YTD of 99.

Might as well post now so I don't forget later! I don't think I will bust any more stash today.

Have a good one!

I spent the last hour untangling and rolling 10 partial skeins into balls.

When I was putting them away, I found a bag full of partial skeins that need to be rolled, but I will leave that for another day.

That will partially offset the 2 cones of Peaches 'N Cream I got today.

+18 so far, now off to hook some :lol

Well I have to update my score. I got my SP package today and it had 5 skeins of some nice yarn in it so that's -10 plus I KNOW that I am going to buy 1 skein to finish the stained glass window squares so I'll go ahead and add that now and if I buy more than that and get home before the deadline I'll update my score again. :lol

WTD -11

Woohoo!! Finally two weeks in a row with a positive score! :cheer And no plans to buy any yarn in the near future. :eek Of course, those plans will probably last until I go to Michaels next week lol.

This week, I used up a skein of sport on my sweater and turned another skein into a ball (+3), and used a ball of pink and a ball of lilac on my April square (+2), so my grand total is...

WTD= +5 pts :hook YTD= +119

I've finished up 8 balls making scrap squares.. +8 and I forgot to credit myself with selling 5 skeins of NoBo Yarn (I went back through my postings and didn't see it).. +10.

I won't get anymore done tonight.. so my total for today is +18..making my total for the week is +20.

StashBusting Score.(+20) WTD= - 60 YTD = 135

whew.. finally beginning to go DOWN

Ok, so I finished a skein on my blankie that should've been done last week, but isn't! +2 But, I do only have a few more rounds to go, should be done this weekend :xfin

Oh yeah.. and the box of misc yarn I received.... that would be 16 full skeins and 24 partials for a total of -56

Weekly total now being -4

I was playing a computer game and when I looked up it was well past 10:00pm oops, my bad :eek

I will log my score just to keep me honest - I did update my siggy.

This week - 8

This year - 56

However, my Dora is very happy with the new Choco-Cherry yarn I bought :wlol

The thing that drives me crazy is that I keep going and going and going and I never finish a skein of yarn. arrgghhh!

I have some problems giving my score on time. Sorry about that. I've been doing a lot of little projects with different colors, so I didn't use up much. I am being good about not aquiring more though.:)

WTD = +1

YTD = +22

Archived