2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So last night I am stuck at Wal-Mart waiting for a perscription, when it hit, the urge to get yarn. I had a project in mind, one that I know I will finish, one that I know I will do...Does anyone else know that urge. The next thing you know I am on the phone trying to get out of my sister what colors she wants without giving away the gift I am making for her...I just couldn't resist...6 verigated skeins of rhss and one pounder later I am on my way to michaels with my coupon to see if they have a caron pounder in a matching color, no such luck...ok to joanne's, it's right next door...oh look the caron pounders are still on sale for $5...well just one wait no I could use 2 and mix them with....shoot....I've been taken hostage by worsted weight acrylic yarn...6 skeins have jumped in my arms and are racing toward the counter....no...must resist...the yarn...can't hold out much longer....what, what's that you say? you say the yarn is reguar price...but there was a sign, $5...maybe I will get out of here without yarn after all!!...oh you will honor the $5 price...the yarns skeins are now jumping up and down crying out "take me, take me, me me me..." It was kind of embarrassing the way they cried out like that..sshhhh the other customers can hear you...red faced I bought them all...and in my car they sit. I just couldnt take them in the house last night...Oh no I was over charged by one skein so I have to go back to Joanne's today and request a refund....Help me Obiwan...I must learn to resist the powers of the yarn force...

Been alittle bit naughty and bought some yarn this week, the £1 shop had packs of 10 balls of yarn for £1, and I ended up buying 7 packs, plus I was gifted 8 balls of lovely yarn from my SP Tammy G, so that's -156:eek

Don't know how Iam gonna get out of this now, but will have a go.

Gifted 5 balls of yarn to my SP = 10

Used up 2 part balls making small squares for my SP = 2

1 full ball & 1 part ball of black, 2 part balls of red making a pet blanket =5

Thew away 2 part balls of mohair, too difficult to frog = 2

So that's +19

Making a total so far this week of -137 :blush

Might be able to make a little bit more of a dent later this week, but not that much to take it back to 0.

I resisted the urge to buy the one yarn I need to make a project for my sister. (didn't need it yet I have 3 skeins in my stash to get me started :lol ) but I did buy 2 skeins of ILTY that I will need for my CRW so -4 puts me at -1 for the WTD so far. I'm sooooo close to finishing off a pounder I hope I can get it done by Sat.

I received 4 skeins 50g of Alpaca Yarn from my SP (-8). Used up two already (+4), 1 skein of baby coordinates 5oz (+2). In the negatives this week but not by much .....don't mind since the yarns were a gift :D

My running totals for this week:

WTD = -2 YTD = +194

Well....another bearghan and another trip to Michael's. This simt, however, I opted to buy one of those Caron pounder skeins. Im almost done with the bear and the skein. (-2)

Also down a couple of skeins for my 63-square granny (+4)

So for week 15

WTD +2

YTD +9

....progress

Well I finally finished off that pounder so +2 to put me back in the positives for the week. :clap

I'm going to go ahead and post my score in case I don't get back in time to post. I know I won't be using anymore it's a very busy day tomorrow.

WTD +1

I'm posting now since I won't be able to later today (and won't get any busting done). I was gifted 14 skeins of all sorts of beautiful yarn by my SP (alpaca and spy and oh boy - nice stuff!) And I busted one skein onan afghan. My totals:

WTD: -20 (-30 YTD)

So last night I am stuck at Wal-Mart waiting for a perscription, when it hit, the urge to get yarn. I had a project in mind, one that I know I will finish, one that I know I will do...Does anyone else know that urge. The next thing you know I am on the phone trying to get out of my sister what colors she wants without giving away the gift I am making for her...I just couldn't resist...6 verigated skeins of rhss and one pounder later I am on my way to michaels with my coupon to see if they have a caron pounder in a matching color, no such luck...ok to joanne's, it's right next door...oh look the caron pounders are still on sale for $5...well just one wait no I could use 2 and mix them with....shoot....I've been taken hostage by worsted weight acrylic yarn...6 skeins have jumped in my arms and are racing toward the counter....no...must resist...the yarn...can't hold out much longer....what, what's that you say? you say the yarn is reguar price...but there was a sign, $5...maybe I will get out of here without yarn after all!!...oh you will honor the $5 price...the yarns skeins are now jumping up and down crying out "take me, take me, me me me..." It was kind of embarrassing the way they cried out like that..sshhhh the other customers can hear you...red faced I bought them all...and in my car they sit. I just couldnt take them in the house last night...Oh no I was over charged by one skein so I have to go back to Joanne's today and request a refund....Help me Obiwan...I must learn to resist the powers of the yarn force...

:rofl:rofl:rofl

When you figure out how to overcome the powers, please, please let me know!!! I have to go to Walmart for some things and I know I won't leave without yarn to start yet another afghan...no, no, NO

I really am seeing a movie developing here....

Oh yeah...I actually have a +3 score this week!

Used over 1/2 skein of black and over 3/4 skein gray and 1/2 skein off-white to finish a vest. These are 8 oz. skeins. I assume I am counting correctly?

Don't want to cheat!

So since I finished my son's afghan this week, I've been kind of lost in crochetland. Haven't really worked too much on one thing or another just waiting until I get more yarn next week for my next big project so my score is still +6 for this week.....

Busted through 3 more skeins working on my ripple and making washcloths.

I am working on a scrap ripple and have a lot of partial skeins, so I think I am going to take the partial skeins I've used in the ripple and roll them today. I have to get these partials skeins under control.

+18

Archived