2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I finished my puppy blanket today,,,one ball gone YAY +1 for me but I bought those 10 skeins yesterday -20 WTD now -11 eeeks Better get that hook smokin' tonite !!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:angry So far I'm at a big fat +0 for the week... C'mon motivation... where are you???

:cheer:cheerGo thru some books, and see if some of the patterns help you, I'm cheering for you, go nikki go....;)

but now I don't want to because several of the yarns I would have given away are the ones I used last night! If I had done that, I would have had to go BUY more yarn to make this scarf and been right back where I am now, only I would have been out more money.

Some one talk me down PLEASE! I want to keep all of my stash! It's mine and you can't have it! I just need more bins and I will be fine....

Sara

:rofl:rofl I just did an inventory of all my stash today, with thoughts of selling or giving some of it away. I'm not the one to talk you down, cause I came up with the same conclusion..."Just another tub, I'll be OK, I really like this one, I don't want to part with it...."

HELP!!!!!

:(:(

My mom, being the helpful person she is, brought me the AC Moore flyer for the 25% yarn sale this Saturday. Along with that, she brought me the coupons from last Sunday's paper. Does this mean that the amount I saved clipping coupons goes towards the yarn? hmmmm...:think

I suppose I should have told her about this Stashbusting CAL. Too late now. Suppose I had better go find some little balls to make yo yos with to help my score get closer to zero. :crocheting

I'm trying very hard to use up a ball on the scrapghan every evening. I don't post until the next day, though. Yesterday, I used a large ball. So that adds +1 to my WTD score. Now it's +5. There's a yarn sale at a discount store nearby with brand name yarns for $.99 or $1.99/skein. I think I may be in the negatives soon. Somebody hold me back!!!!

Well, I managed to get the next 5 rows on my barely started large granny blankie while watching Finding Nemo. Unfortunately, baby weight yarn has about a bajillion yards, so no real dent. (Although, I think I'm finally almost back to where I started with yarn use on these two skeins...)

I found several small balls last night lurking in strange corners I should be able to use up quickly though...

Still at 0 for the week though, not bad really all things concidered.

Just used up four left over balls of yarn to make a hat. So +4 for me today.

I'm doing pretty well using up yarn, but every time I look at my stash, I don't see any dents being made. Hmmmmm. :hook:hook Could it be that I have WAY TOO MUCH YARN !! :lol:lol

Well I bought a skein today to finish up my cat tunnel but used up 2 balls finishing my cat tunnel so that's a wash but...... 2 bags of yarn walked in here this afternoon and there seems to be quite a lot of skeins in there :worried I haven't counted yet so I'll wait to get it all spread out and organized to count and add to my score.

Well my score took another spectatular dive today as I got my yarn for the Catherderal Window cal and then I also got some for an afghan pattern that I was looking at called Monet's Pineapple. So my score is now

I have to put my little total in today as I will be away for the weekend--going to spend time with grandkids.:cheer:cheer

WTD+6 YTD +35

hopefully I will get more done next week, just too much life going on. LOL:hook

It's been a busy week for me. However, I've managed at work (between the projects and issues) to take care of 4 skeins. That makes me happy. So, hopefully I'll get a bit more done, but we'll see.

Well, last night after I posted, I managed to get another 2 little balls used up on a scrap granny. Not sure who or what it's for... probably only have enough to make it big enough for a doll blankie for my niece... (pinks and purple and white...) So, I actually get a +2 for the week!!

So far this week I've used one skein on my ripple, and made 4 balls from finishing my Prairie Star, so I guess that gives me a +6 so far this week. I'm sure I'll do more later today and tomorrow, so I'll hold off on posting until then.

I'm off to a really slow start this year. First we were away for two weeks and now I am busy with work and catching up on everything after travelling. I hope to get some crocheting done this weekend. My score still stands at WTD 0 and YTD 0 If I get anything busted before tomorrow afternoon I will update.

I'm +2 for this week and don't see getting more. I might try. If I would just finish up on my dd's sweater I'd get through 2 more skeins.

I did use up thread and yarn this week but didn't manage to get through skein or finish up a ball when I did.

Well I bought a skein today to finish up my cat tunnel but used up 2 balls finishing my cat tunnel so that's a wash but...... 2 bags of yarn walked in here this afternoon and there seems to be quite a lot of skeins in there :worried I haven't counted yet so I'll wait to get it all spread out and organized to count and add to my score.

:lol How did you train them to walk in on their own? What a great story to tell DH when he asks where did all the yarn come from. :wink:D:hook

didn't get too much accomplished last night, spent too much time cleaning the house, hopefully tonight I can make some real progress and move those numbers of mine

Drat...note to self: Do NOT, under any circumstance, go to Walmart and look at yarn when bored on lunch break! Came out with a skein of black RHSS....don't really need it. I think my mind takes a vacation when I look at yarn...best to avoid the temptation entirely.

I'm now at a big round 0 for the week. But, maybe I'll make some progress tonight.

Archived