2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I finished a skein, so I'm +2 for the week. I'm working on BIG things, and lots of them, plus I'm trying to knit something (which isn't going so well) so my score will be low this week.

I'm taking a friend to 5 stores that sell yarn today. We're celebrating her birthday. Wish me luck! Mmmmmmm - Yarn! :manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back from the yarn stores, and I'm quite proud of myself. I only bought 4 skeins for $7.00 total! I'm making a baby afghan with them. :cheer

My WTD is -6. My YTD is -140. I would still like to get into positives by the end of the year.:hook

OK I was a bad girl today, I had a 50% of coupon for Micheals and I told myself that I was only going to buy the one items, instead I found Berella4 on clearance for .99 so I had to buy 10 skeins, to send out. then I went to JoAnn's and bought a skein of blue for squares. -22 to add to my score

WTD -15

Finished off the last of the small ball I had left from one of the skeins I bought last Friday night making a cell phone case. I also got a few ends worked in last night, so it was pretty productive night. Only +2 for the Wtd, but hey in the positives...now if I could just find a way to increase my ytd....

A friend told her bf that I could fix an old afghan (his grams made it 20+ yrs ago). She brought it over Mon. night. She asked me to use as much of the old yarn as possible. I tried to frog and reuse the yarn, but the border just fell apart. I also had to remake some squares. I finished it up this afternoon. I used 2 balls on it (+2). I hope they are happy with it. I found a ghost pattern, so I'm going to make some. Should be good for a ball or 2.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

I used a skein on the baby afghan. It would be a lot more than that, but I had to frog. What a twisted mess we weave when first we try to frog a two-strand project. It was ugly. It took hours to get it straight. My WTD is -4, my YTD is -138.

I used up the white thin yarn skein I am using along with the blue yarn on the baby afghan, so I am at -2 for the week.

Tomorrow is my crochet group, so hopefully, I will have a zero for the week or maybe even a plus number. Depends on how much crocheting and talking I get done.:lol

:manyheart

I used up 2 balls for +2 but then went to HL and bought 3 skeins -6 leaving me -3 for the WTD.

At least I got just what I was planning to get. 2 skeins of homespun for my Mom's shawler and one skein of ILTY in a color I don't have using my coupon for the week. :D

The ghost pattern I found is really cute. It's 3 ghosts lined up, each holding a letter B-O-O. Making the ghosts is so easy, I already used up a small ball (+1) on 1/2 a ghost :clap. I think I'll just make a bunch of ghosts (no letters). I've already sold some of my spiders and pumpkin pins, maybe people will like the ghosts too.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Can't wait to see a pic of those ghosts...they sound adorable...ly scary!!! ;)

I've been working on a 3 color spiral scrapghan. Wait a minute? How can you do a scrapghan with three colors? Well, I'm using a pattern that calls for three colors and then changing colors as I go.

Here is the basic pattern which I've worked out so I can make a full-sized afghan. http://blog.interweavecrochet.com/

I've used several small balls since last night. I'll post a link to the pic when I'm finished.

:spin

Slow week. I was hoping to get my YTD back on the plus side, but I seem to keep taking on projects that use the super savers in the stash instead of all those small balls. I really should use those up. Daisy square centers, saltines…

…Hmm…Granny babies. Granny daughters. Are they the same thing? Now that I am a full Villager I can start that Glossary thread that I have dreamed of. It would build on Donna’s 2005 locked post in the FAQs (“Terms & Acronyms: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask”). I could include links to relevant posts elsewhere, like angelfire’s basic granny daughter directions in her Circles of Hope charity thread. People could ask what something means, others could answer and I could add it to the first post introducing the thread. Or does something like that already exist? If so, where?

Oops! :oops I do tend to wander off topic on occasion. Sorry.

Only used up one medium ball of red for +1

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: -2

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: -2

Silver medal for stashbusting 8/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long - (Sept. 12th -15th)

Well I just received my package from my wonderful swap partner and you know what that means?..... Lots and lots of yarn,:lol:cheer

Swap package with 12 skeins of assorted yarns = -24

2 skeins Bernat Caress for a skarf = +4

WTD = +20 YTD = +217

Hi Everyone,

A nice person donated 4 large shopping bags of yarn to our Knitting/Crochet charity group today. It was like Christmas.

22 full skeins and 3 balls came home with me.

So my score really hit the skids today.

WTD=-51!

It's going to take a long time to get out of that hole!

Yikes!

And my husband said I couldn't buy any more yarn. Didn't say anything about FREE!

I was nervous today as a good friend had surgery this morning so I crocheted. I finished up 2 skeins and one ball for a total of +5 for the last 24 hours.

WTD -4 YTD - 172

working on getting into the postive or at least to 0 before tomorrow night

I hope your friend is doing OK. I hope YOU are doing ok. It's tough when someone you care about is going through a traumatic time. :hug

I used up two skeins so my WTD is 0, my YTD is -134

I used up one of those skeins of homespun today +2.

I might as well post my score now. I probably won't get anymore done before the deadline. DH has something cooked up for our anniversary starting tomorrow afternoon so probably no :crocheting for me. :D

WTD -7

Archived