2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a ball of orange :yarn and used it up making pumpkin pins :clap (+1). I also found some spiders (the crochet kind :lol). so maybe I won't need to get more :yarn. My Christmas yarns might be used or balled up by Sat.

WTD Score: + 6

Ellie 13

After reading about Baby Bear Hugs accepting yarn donations in the Crochet for Charity section, I saw the opportunity to de-stash a bunch of baby yarn that I seem to have accumulated: 5 skeins and 5 balls. In addition I used up two balls of red on a five round granny square, a fourth round and a saltine. (They were really small balls :wink.) So a little math puts me at:

Stashbusting CAL Score:

WTD: +17

YTD: +9 :yay:jumpyay

-Marzee

After reading about Baby Bear Hugs accepting yarn donations in the Crochet for Charity section, I saw the opportunity to de-stash a bunch of baby yarn that I seem to have accumulated: 5 skeins and 5 balls. In addition I used up two balls of red on a five round granny square, a fourth round and a saltine. (They were really small balls :wink.) So a little math puts me at:

Stashbusting CAL Score:

-Marzee

Way to go!:cheer This is so awesome!!! :yay How does positive feel?

Stashbusting CAL Score:

-Marzee

WTG!!! :cheer:cheer

I busted through a skein today. +2

I am posting early because I have a busy day tomorrow. Taking the kids to Six flags for the day. I'll bring some crochet and find some nice places to relax at the theme park. Maybe ride the train and other wimpy rides. Not much of a rollercoaster fan any more. But the kids will have a great time and that's what's important.

+6 wtd +76 ytd!

At least I am in the plus side this week!

:manyheart

WTD 29

My daughter took 100 of my misc balls and "caked" them for a scrapghan. She has now made 15 cakes, which I gave to her, so that takes care of 15 points, I used 4 skeins making rectangles for another 8 points. for a total of 23 today.

Last week my score was so terrible (-262) which made my YTD score look hopeless (-285). I was determined to get it looking a little better this week. So I dug out partial skeins and little balls to use them up quickly by making granny squares. Now I am feeling better. I may still be in the negatives for my YTD score, but that is o.k.

WTD Score +34!!!!!

I finally finished off a cone of cotton.

+4

Doesn't it feel like such an accomplishment to get to finish one of those cones off? Kinda reminds me of the old Tootsie Roll commercials with the owl....How may licks does it take to get to the center of the lollipop? lol

Well I got to +11 this week!! Yeah!!! All of that was used up in my crochet games quest to fill a tote with items to sell. I am pretty happy with my progress. Currently there are 18 items in the tote...5 scarves, 10 hats, and 3 baby bassinet purses. I have another scarf on the hook and am moving forward.

I'm about to bust half of this 2nd big ball of thread finishing up my filet for the games. :yay Then I can put it away for awhile :lol I'm going to go ahead and add the point to my score and post it now so I don't forget later tonight :)

WTD +3

Archived