2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Random Acts Of Kindness. Some where at the beginning of the forum there's a list of all the abbreviations. I was confused in the beginning too.

I used up a ball and rolled a skein down (+2). I'm now working on my 3rd Christmas stocking, should be done tonight. I hope to post a few more points tomorrow.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This scarecrow is moving along, but not using up much of the yarn they send in the kit. And because you use it double stranded, I can't even make it into a ball until I am done making both of the scarecrows. (There's enough in the kit for two)

So I'll probably have to post a minus for the week. Let's see how much I get done tomorrow, since the boys went camping!

:manyheart

Well since I've been working in thread all week I've almost finished a million yard ball of thread :lol but I did finish a ball today on the road since thread won't travel well so I did eek out 1 point for the week :clap:lol

I'm not going to get anymore points before the deadline tomorrow so I'm going ahead and posting my final score.

WTD +1 again :blush

I finished another Christmas stocking. Used up 1 ball (+1). Will be traveling by bus/train in an hour or so, I'll get a lot of :crocheting done, but won't be able to post again today. It's a tax free weekend in MA so I'll do some shopping too. I'll be good :yes and not to get :yarn (like that'll happen :lol).

WTD Score: + 8

Ellie 13

Awhile ago I posted on the 'ville that I was looking for Aunt Lydia's rug yarn for an ongoing project. One of our members pulled thru for me. She needed to destash the rug yarn in her closet. For a reasonable price, she boxed it all up and sent it my way. Just went to the Post Office and picked up the box. Ready for this score??

WTD -262:eek:eek:eek

There were 119 full skeins and 24 partials. Guess I will be in rug yarn the rest of my life. lol

And don't think I will be able to get my YTD score out of the negatives this year. I need a miracle for that, I think.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my injured hand. :D I can type (obviously) although very slowly and not using my right hand too much. I can't massage my dogs like they like though. :( And I've tried to crochet and still can not twist my wrist or grip the hook yet. :angry The swelling has gone down a lot in the past 4 days so I'm hopeful I will get back to the afghan soon. :crocheting

WTD: +4 how sad is that! :blush

Thanks for all the well wishes for my injured hand. :D I can type (obviously) although very slowly and not using my right hand too much. I can't massage my dogs like they like though. :( And I've tried to crochet and still can not twist my wrist or grip the hook yet. :angry The swelling has gone down a lot in the past 4 days so I'm hopeful I will get back to the afghan soon. :crocheting

WTD: +4 how sad is that! :blush

I know it is hard, but do your best to not crochet so your hand will heal properly.

Awhile ago I posted on the 'ville that I was looking for Aunt Lydia's rug yarn for an ongoing project. One of our members pulled thru for me. She needed to destash the rug yarn in her closet. For a reasonable price, she boxed it all up and sent it my way. Just went to the Post Office and picked up the box. Ready for this score??

WTD -262:eek:eek:eek

There were 119 full skeins and 24 partials. Guess I will be in rug yarn the rest of my life. lol

And don't think I will be able to get my YTD score out of the negatives this year. I need a miracle for that, I think.

I was worried that I would have the biggest negative this week, I guess you have me beat, but like you, I don't think I am getting out of the negatives this year:eek:devil WTD -145

Bought 2 skeins to make a blanket , and busted two balls of cotton yarn on my king size blanket, so I'm at WTD= 0.

No more buying anything but groceries for a while so I should slowly creep back into the positives for my weekly totals.

Been working on the scarecrow's face. Not using much yarn. so I am still at a

-15 wtd

But it looks like a few other people have done way better for the "Shoot the Moon" award this week! WTG!

I was worried that I would have the biggest negative this week, I guess you have me beat, but like you, I don't think I am getting out of the negatives this year:eek:devil WTD -145

I have been in a crochet slump for about 3 weeks. Then I knew the yarn was coming. Since Friday, I have made a bookmark, finished an afghan (only had 3 rows and edging to do) and made 2 dishcloths. See what a little "inspiration" can do?? lol

Have fun trying to work your way out of the negative. Think of all the WIM's you have had and just start plucking them off, one at a time.:hook:crocheting

May I have the envelope please...

Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this week's Stashbusting Competition, with an amazing score of +30.... Our GOLD MEDAL winner is

(drum roll, please....) JEANNIE1205!:cheer

Our Silver Medal with a very respectable score of +24 is DRAGONPUCK!

Our Bronze Medal winner is LegalWoman17 with a score of +15

+8 Ellie 13

+8 yarncat

+7 econ-nerd

+4 itzhunic

+3 appy lover

+2 lpgeorge123

+2 1 buttercup

+1 hseger

0 Marzee

0 jennybunny

-15 CLLinda

-30 DreamsofYarn

-54 KellyA

-59 basjordan

Runner up for Shot the Moon, with a score of -145 - Angelfire

and SHOOT THE MOON goes to your friend and mine, walker1021 with a jaw-dropping score of -262:cheer

I have been in a crochet slump for about 3 weeks. Then I knew the yarn was coming. Since Friday, I have made a bookmark, finished an afghan (only had 3 rows and edging to do) and made 2 dishcloths. See what a little "inspiration" can do?? lol

Have fun trying to work your way out of the negative. Think of all the WIM's you have had and just start plucking them off, one at a time.:hook:crocheting

I will be crunching through it quickly I hope. I am still doing the Greek games ( Team FA awareness and Team HAP), ongoing rectangles for the troops, getting ready to start an afghan and putting together a few others. I actually hadee a score of over -188 earlier in the week but I used lots, send some to someone doing charity work and made some skeins into balls.

Yesterday, I used 2 full skeins making rectangles along with two balls making squares. I am starting the week @ + 6

Archived