2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

2 more balls busted (+2) :clap. I've got 3/4 of a skein left, should be down to a ball by tonight. I definitely have to get some red Simply Soft and some bright yellow. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow so I won't have to add any points :devil. WTD Score: + 20 :yay

Ellie 13

Good job, Ellie. You are doing great busting the stash.

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I last posted because I had a very busy, busy work month or two. Anyway, I have been crocheting, but not enough to use a skein up. I also am proud to say I have NOT been buying yarn, though this has been difficult. My score is the same, though I am near the end of a skein. I will try to keep posting weekly at least, from now on.

I am going to post now as I don't know how the rest of my day will go...

This week - 28

This year -93

well I did finish off that one skein and I may yet get that next one gone as well... we shall see. :crocheting

It looks like bad storms coming this way. I will post early.

I sure keep hoping someone does better than me with this score.

WTD -53! YTD+53

Yikes!

I did not get much done this week, and it doesn't look like I will get anything done today, so I'm going to go ahead and post my score for the week.

WTD +4

Have a great weekend, everyone!

28:

purchase yarn-10

2.8oz ball-autumn leaves+1

I was at +10 for the week until I came upon some vintage Dazzlaire in Butterscotch(light orange,yellow cream & tan mix)at a yard sale.5 skeins for $1!I just couldn't pass it up.

However,I did use up a partial skein on granny squares,so I'm in the negatives for the day,but in the positives for the week!!:clap

WTD+1 YTD+263

DreamsOfYarn I'm sorry to hear about your back and neck problems.:no

I hope you have some meds to help take the edge off until you feel better.:hug

Thankfully my bad flare is done (for now) and my meds have been working :yay so I'm getting a lot of charity crocheting :hookdone and finishing up some projects so I can then add to my WIP my scrapghan :crocheting and baby things for a ville friend's DD. :cheer

I stayed home all day while DH took kids shopping and swimming. Ahhhhhh quiet crocheting time...:c9

busted 2 more skeins, :yarn:yarn rolled 2 more balls, :yarn:yarn then my mom called and needed a skein of navy if I had one...of course I did! so I gifted another skein :yarn(better stop gifting or I'm going to have a negative score having to go buy more yarn!) :blush. I think I'm done for the night.:waving

Going to watch a movie now. :applause

total for the week: +28 :dance

Hopefully, these are right, and I didn't miss anyone.

itzhunic - GOLD MEDAL!!! +28

Ellie13 - SILVER MEDAL!!! +20

jeannie1205 - BRONZE MEDAL!!! +15

LegalWoman17 +13

Dreams of Yarn +8

sahm2g1b +4

ankh +4

Needle Arts +4

ldyer +2

Schmetterling +1

yarncat +1

rddugan 0

basjordan -2

walker1021 -5

cjm -6

appylover -8

Krystal16 -19

hseger -22

darski -28

and may I have a drum roll, please?

CLLinda - SHOOT THE MOON! -53

Congratulations, everyone, on all the crocheting you completed, or all the beautiful yarn you've acquired!:cheer

I haven't posted for a while as I have been so busywith family health and family matters. During that time I used loads of yarn and bought some too. I will start from where I left off as I wasn't keeping track.

Tonight I used two balls making rectangles for the troops

+2 WTD

I haven't received the "Shoot the Moon" distinction before. It's a real honor.

With all the great sales, I am so surprised that no one beat me.

This week, I will stay out of yarn stores and work on crochet! That's my promise.

Now let's see who will have this great honor next week!

Gold Medal!!!! :clapYIPPEE!!! :clapI really worked hard to get crocheting done while I wasn't in a flare. :yesI never know when one will hit, so I really busted my stash by busting my rear!! :blush lol I'm so proud of me!!:cheerOf course gifting helped a ton. :yay Hopefully I won't be out buying what I gave away!! :hook:yarn

I already busted a skein, so I feel much better. Will be in the postitives next week.

I busted a skein +2 but today I bought a bag of Italian yarn it's a cotton acrylic blend. 3 balls of it and a tiny skein of a wool blend. The balls have price tags of 5.43 a ball :eek I got them all for a dollar :yay now to think of what to use them for :lol So that's -8 giving me -6 to start the week.

Archived