2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

GR.R.R...that blasted orange that I can't seem to get enough of. I found a ball and thought I would get the last 6 rows done without changing to another type of yarn.

These rows are 2 row stripes. Got 1 row done and ran out AGAIN, found a little more and ran out 15 dc before I finished.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No crocheting, spent the day on inventory, tagging and rebagging for the Craft Fair. I am getting nervous as it is getting closer. Sure hope I can make some decent sales.

I used 2 balls (+2), but will run out of white soon. I want to get at least 10 blue/white turtles done by Sat. I've got 4 done, but I think I only have enough white for 2 (3?) more. I'll be working 2 part time jobs starting Thurs. so I won't get much :crocheting in. I'll try to post again by Sat.

WTD Score: +4

Ellie 13

I have decided not to count the wire. I know that I probably should, but it is just not my stash-busting priority. I also have a bunch of beads now for crocheting jewelry, and I just wouldn't know how to count them all. I did make a beautiful crocheted bangle bracelet in gold wire with feax pearls, glass beads, and clear crystals. I think it will be a gift for my sister for her prom, depending on the color of dress she chooses. It is my new favorite item ever made. I can't wait to get pics taken and posted.

Working with the wire does take time away from my yarn stash busting though, and I ordered some yarn on line and it is in the mail, so that will really blow my score, but I am excited about it anyway. I also forgot that I picked up 2 skeins of black wool Sunday when I bought the beads & wire for my new projects. So my score will be ugly this week. I do need to get a bunch of stuff completed for sale next month, so I am starting to crank things out now.

went to Big Lots today and of course found some Patrons Pooch for a buck! :clap

had to buy 3 that I liked so I am now starting my 1st negative score. :eek

my +4 for the week is now a -2.

Moving right along so far this week...

Turned a skein of Peaches & Cream into a ball on the shopper (+1), used a skein on light blue on a dog sweater and little grannies (+2), threw out a stained and stinky skein of yellow (+2), threw out a mouse-eaten little ball of brown/white acrylic (+1), used up a ball of sage and a ball of white (+2).... so far it's +8 on the week. :cheer

:lolI have to visit the new Walmart for some things today. I will try to stay out of the yarn, but the :devilin me may stop to purchase some, just out of want.

I surely don't need any right now. :lol

I'll try to be good.:lol

:manyheart

...well, I needed to finish the bearghan

th_CIMG3687.jpg

...but ran out of the white

so for this week Im -2 but still in the positive for the year +5....

the stash doesnt look any smaller

I got 2 turtle shells done and ran out of white yarn. So I started making 5" squares instead. I used 2 small balls since yesterday (+2). My score is going up very slowly :sigh. Oh well, better up than down :lol.

WTD Score: + 6

Ellie 13

I was so good. Bypassed the yarn altogether. Looked at a couple of patterns, but didn't buy anything in that department.

Working on a hot pink round ripple. It's so fun.

:manyheart

busted a skein making squares!!! :cheer Now my weekly score is out of the negative!!! :clap

it's back to zero until I bust more skeins or buy more yarn!! :yes

which will it be first? :devil

Greetings and salutations,

I think I am going to join you all. I have tubs of yarn that need to be diminished before I am allowing myself to buy anymore. The fact that I no longer work in a craft store has made surprising difference in my yarn purchasing but I still need to get rid of a lot. Count me in.

NiYa :yarn

Hi NiYa! My stash really slowed down too since I quit working at the craft shop. But, I also bought all of the yarn when the shop went out of business!! I keep threatening to apply at Michael's or AC Moore, but I would owe them at the end of the pay period and with the price of gas I really couldn't afford to drive the 29 miles to get there :lol :lol

Archived