"Diamond Ripple" afghan

magiccrochetfan

I made this afghan for a cousin-in-law's birthday. He and my husband are very close and he has had some health issues and other things going on so I wanted to make a special gift for him.

th_100_2644.jpg

It is pretty stretchy so please ignore how the top is stretched where DH is holding it up.

th_100_2620.jpg

The pattern is Diamond Ripple from Leisure Arts Presents Afghans for All Seasons, Book 2. I used I Love This Yarn and an I hook. I enjoyed making this because of the progression of the diamond pattern in the ripple. I was a little surprised that it went pretty quickly (I am not a very fast crocheter). The pattern includes a very simple edging on the sides that worked out perfectly. The only change I made from the pattern was that I began and ended with a solid row; the pattern called for the most open row at the beginning, but I thought it lay better this way.

I enjoy crocheting with I Love This Yarn, as it is very smooth. But I think it loses that silky feel when washed so I did a prewash cycle with a LOT of fabric softener, and it did come out soft, although it reeks of softener now. Also the yarn did get a little fuzzy after one wash, so I hope it will hold up.

I don't want to get stuck on one pattern;) but I may have to make this one again, as I like the look and enjoyed doing it.

I don't want to get stuck on one pattern;) but I may have to make this one again, as I like the look and enjoyed doing it.

I don't blame you for wanting to make it again......it is wonderful!! You did a great job! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Love it! I think it looks 'elegant' too. Good thing it works up fast, I am so into making large afghans, but it's nice when they go quickly too! :) I may have to check this pattern out. I need a wedding gift for next October and I'm gathering ideas now.

Archived