Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Wow - Jan. was a great month!! If everyone that contributed sent me a PM then our numbers are here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1113523&postcount=119

I am forwarding the numbers to AmyS today.

I enjoyed being your Co-Coordinator and I would like to thank Tracyleigh for being a super organizer.

Thanks to all you Great 'Villers! I am so proud to be a part of such a generous, loving and totally awesome community! :yay

Now on to February. I am again proud to have the Okini Program picked for the Feb. blitz and look forward to get my hook moving for this great charity.

:manyheart

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, once again this year I am absolutely overwhelmed with the generosity of the people on this list. I wish I could put into words what I am feeling right now.

I also wish that I could give each and every one of you a :hug in person and say "Thank you so much for making a difference in someone's life one stitch at a time"

Tracy Leigh, you're more than welcome! :hug It also is nice that we get to do something for our great neighbor to the north. I, for one, am thankful that Canada is our neighbor, peaceful and true! And thank you, Tracy Leigh, for being such a great person. :hug:manyheart

...I'm Lea... honored to be the collector of all numbers for February's Blitz.

Donna ( FlowerPower06) is the coordinator for the ONE SPIRIT PROGRAM

http://www.nativeprogress.org

The One Spirit Program benefits the Lakota Souix at Pine Ridge. It is just one of many programs under the Native Progress Umbrella of Charities. This is a very COLD time of year on the Reservation so warm items are being requested. Scarves, hats, afghans, mittens, booties, neckwarmers, etc. They also have many in wheelchairs so lapghans are also being requested.

Donations are to be sent to:

OST Assistance

c/o Rosalie Janis

410 N. 1st Street

Pine Ridge, South Dakota 57770

I am working with the Program Coordinator Diane Royer. She has been made aware of our groups' charity sponsorship for Feb. She has requested that I send her emails with what is being sent...i.e., 3 afghans, 2 scarfs, 3 hats. She also asked the items be tagged for gender or anything else special...like what it is or if it's kind of different; say like an earwarmer or panta.

..Once you've sent off your package let both and I know so we can get keep our numbers straight.

..Thanks in advance folks.... February is the month of :manyheart:manyheart so lets show a TON of it to ONE SPIRIT!

Yes, baby blankets are needed and would be great to send. Just your standard size baby blankets are great. Last year I sent a couple Round Ripple Baby blankets that turned out really cute.

I usually make my lapghans with an "H" hook and finished measuring 30" x 48" - somewhere in that range.

Thanks for that link Supergranny! Pantas are so fun to make and an easy project if you don't feel like making hats. Here's another Easy and Quick pattern for a Winter Headband: http://crochetme.com/patterns/quick-winter-headband

Anything to help our brothers and sisters on the Reservation stay warm is going to be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much ya'all! :manyheart

I'm glad you asked the question. I have been crocheting for over 30 years and I had no idea what a panta was. I actually came online to ask that exact question. Thank you so much.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but can someone please tell me what a "panta" is??

Thank's

Debby

Thank you so much for bringing up the headbands/pantas! I am not a hat maker, still haven't figured it out yet, but winter headbands? I can do that!! :hook

Yeah - the pantas and headbands are quick and easy. A simple neckwarmer and panta - Great Combo! :hook

Neckwarmer Link: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art14841.asp

Hi TracyLeigh, did you receive my package? I home recovering and was checking the site to see if you had posted that it was received and I didn't see anything. Let me know. I recall shipping it out about two weeks ago.

I received packages from

mellowe67

minwifeof4boys

2kute

wildflwr

flowerpower06

Jeannie1205

DebbyQ

They were in today's mail. I am having issues with my mail carrier. They are refusing to try to deliver to the door because of my dogs....LOL

Anyways, I have left a message for the supervisor to call me tomorrow.

Not a happy camper here especially since when they dropped the notices in my mailbox at the end of my driveway I was in my driveway with one of my dogs. Apparently the supervisor isn't much better than the carrier from what I've heard. We shall see.

I will take pics tomorrow and post them. I just wanted to let you guys know that your packages have arrived!!

Archived