Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

I must say I'm disappointed. After finishing the stuff for Feb., I made 3 baby ghans (36" sq) and was making matching hats. Post #1 said hats and blankets, any pattern, any yarn (sport or dk). Now, they don't really want blankets and hats have to be pastel or white. Do they all have to be that particular pattern, too? I guess I'll give the stuff I already made to another charity.

They want blankets too hun. I just mentioned that they really need hats.

Blankets any pattern is fine.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say I'm disappointed.

Don't be disappointed. Like 2kute said - they won't turn away a baby blanket - after all it's for the babies but they are in need of hats..Your baby 'ghans and matching hats will be greatly appreciated and I would bet on that.

Finally done, 11 items from me

th_drabghan.jpg

th_baby.jpg

th_hats_scarves.jpg

Drabghan doesn't looky drabby at all - very nice. Love the pink fleece blankie and the mittens are cute - nice hat also. If I wore hats (which I don't) that would be a nice one.

Oh boy, I can have some hats done for the March charity. I can't get stuff done every month, but for baby hats, I am good to go. Will get a few more done then I have now and send them off.

th_Feb25003.jpg

th_Feb25001.jpg

Still going though...these are really cute. I have enough flannel squares to make two more blankets (one boy and one girl). I also have 6 newborn hats done so far. This is a great way to use up little bits of yarn. Also, keep in mind if after you have done a hat and there is still a little bit of yarn left over, but not enough for a hat, :hookMay's charity is calling for 6" squares.

th_Feb25003.jpg

th_Feb25001.jpg

Still going though...these are really cute. I have enough flannel squares to make two more blankets (one boy and one girl). I also have 6 newborn hats done so far. This is a great way to use up little bits of yarn. Also, keep in mind if after you have done a hat and there is still a little bit of yarn left over, but not enough for a hat, :hookMay's charity is calling for 6" squares.

That is a wonderful idea, and it looks fantastic. too bad I gave away my 6" edgerydoo. Hey, but I still have the 12".

Also, I got a thankyou letter from casting off the cold. Very nice

Woo Hoo! Scoobydoo! Thank You!

????Do you have a web picture posting place like photobucket or imageshak????

I just signed up for photobucket and I think I did it right. :cheer You are very welcome just glad that I am able to help!! Does my heart, body and soul good!!

Well, let's see if I did this right:lol I accidentally deleted the picture of my hats. Sorry :(. I am new to this picture stuff, so maybe I will do better next time.

th_003.jpg

th_001.jpg

your stuff looks great:manyheart I managed to not have any pic's of my things:( I don't think I will ever learn how to make this thing work!! I took pic's so I thought but there is nothing on the camera to download again!!:(

Archived