Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your stuff looks great:manyheart I managed to not have any pic's of my things:( I don't think I will ever learn how to make this thing work!! I took pic's so I thought but there is nothing on the camera to download again!!:(

Thank you so much!!:hug:manyheart Oh let me tell you, me and my camera don't always get along, I can do the minimal basics and sometimes I can't do that :lol. I probably should invest in a more updated camera, but I am not much on taking pictures. You will learn, it took me forever, and since I have bought a new computer that uses Vista I had to learn again (and still learning) because the way I import my images to my puter is all different with the new puter :(. I can get them imported and then I can't find them :lol. Oh well, I will keep trying.

Hi gang!! I want to jump in on the March charity blitz but I have a couple of questions...

Is any soft yarn ok to use? and I have a pair of preemie baby booties on hand, could they use this?

Yarnscrapper

I am hoping 2kute will jump in and answer for us.

Here's the addy for february again

OST Assistance

c/o Rosalie Janis

410 N. 1st Street

Pine Ridge, South Dakota 57770

Please check post on page 25 to see if I recorded your contribution. Thanks

Page 25? we are only on 17 :lol

way to go on all the great work this month!!:cheer

Hi gang!! I want to jump in on the March charity blitz but I have a couple of questions...

Is any soft yarn ok to use? and I have a pair of preemie baby booties on hand, could they use this?

Yarnscrapper

Sorry, no booties needed. Blankets and newborn hats, being that hats is what they need the most. The yarn needs to be acrylic and soft. I have been using DK (Bernat Softee), sport weight (RH Baby) and WW ( CSS).

Thanks for helping. :hug

sorry, I was very sick yesterday.

I am really enjoying the baby hats. I am crocheting on my lunch break at work and I am getting lots of "Oooo's" and Awww's" from the ladies in the office.

Thanks to everyone for their Feb. Contribution. I really appreciate all your generosity!

I would love to jump on the bandwagon & help out. I was hoping to start with the March charity...but if I'm reading it right, all hats & afghans must be made out of sport or dk weight. Unfortunately, I have mostly ww from red heart & caron ss. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I would love to jump on the bandwagon & help out. I was hoping to start with the March charity...but if I'm reading it right, all hats & afghans must be made out of sport or dk weight. Unfortunately, I have mostly ww from red heart & caron ss. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

CSS is fine... no RHSS. They need blankies but hats are most needed.

I posted an easy hat pattern as well as more details on post #289 page 29.

Thanks for your help

For march they need baby hats... standard baby hats or preemie hats too?? Also, I'm really excited because my mom just sent me some skeins of yellow bernat softee chunky and thats what I'm going to use for a couple blankets, it's sooooo soft.

I also have smaller bits of red heart soft and caron simply soft that would work into some nice hats, I'm getting my hook working tonight and will make friday evening/saturday daytimes my time to crochet for the blitz :)

For march they need baby hats... standard baby hats or preemie hats too?? Also, I'm really excited because my mom just sent me some skeins of yellow bernat softee chunky and thats what I'm going to use for a couple blankets, it's sooooo soft.

I also have smaller bits of red heart soft and caron simply soft that would work into some nice hats, I'm getting my hook working tonight and will make friday evening/saturday daytimes my time to crochet for the blitz :)

Thanks hun.

I don't really understand why, but they need only newborn hats, not premmie.

Archived