Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok I know its still quite a ways away but when do we find out what October and November charities are going to be or did I miss it somewhere?

Nothing decided about Oct. or Nov. yet.....but let's see if we can get that decided soon. :hook

I've got two questions for Ya'll. What is a "DC"? And what is a "fireman bear"? LOL

Debby

:think was wondering the same thing myself last nite and forget to ask. glad you did Debby :) because I am curious too.

:think was wondering the same thing myself last nite and forget to ask. glad you did Debby :) because I am curious too.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you are asking about DC but in reffering to my fireman bears, I was hoping that my charity gets picked for October or November slot that is still open. My family are almost all volenteer firefighters and we make fireman bears to give to the children they come accross in their work. If you are interested in helping you can PM me for details.

Ok now I see what you were talking about when you asked about DC- DC here means delivery confirmation. Hope that helps you out.

:D:clapthat is so funny that is the similar to the Hugs from Heroes I'm doing in June..:D:clap

Yep I saw that so I thought I would send you a bear or two that we make when your charity comes around. This is the only one we make for their firehouse. We put their firehouse number on the helmets #7. Here is a pic of one I made special for my nephews little boy with a number 3 on it for my nephews firehouse.

Clickable

th_IM000705.jpg

Yep I saw that so I thought I would send you a bear or two that we make when your charity comes around. This is the only one we make for their firehouse. We put their firehouse number on the helmets #7. Here is a pic of one I made special for my nephews little boy with a number 3 on it for my nephews firehouse.

Clickable

th_IM000705.jpg

that would be very nice of you to send.. I am making all different kinds of ami's for hugs from heros

that would be very nice of you to send.. I am making all different kinds of ami's for hugs from heros

I have one extra I didn't mail out yet so I will put him aside for you. I will see if I can put a few others aside for you between now and then so I can send more than one if I can. There are only 9 of us supporting the firehouse and they cover a 30 mile range so we are very busy trying to keep up. Especially during fire season in SC.

It's time to announce the March Blitz. If you're ready to go - the info follows. If you're still working on Feb. - no worries - there is plenty of time to plan and create for March.

For March we will be donating to:

MARCH

Charity: Baptist Hospital of Jacksonville, FL

What the charity does: Best children's hospital in northeast Florida

What the charity needs: Baby hats and blankets (24"x24" for preemies and 36"x36" for full-term) in any pattern from any sport weight or DK yarn

Mailing address: Send 2kute a PM to request address

Shipping deadline: March 31, 2008

Sponsor: 2kute (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Coordinator: flowerpower06 (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

2kute will be along soon to give details and any special instructions for March's charity blitz.

Thanks for all your generosity, love and support for the Blitz!

:yes:hug:manyheart

HELLO FELLOW BLITZERS! HAVING FUN YET???

First and foremost, I would like to thank y'all for helping me with my charity. :hug :hug :hug

The person in charge of the volunteer services at Baptist, Ms Sheila Rice, sent me a letter. They need newborn caps the most.

She requests in her letter that they are made of pastel colors and white only.

I am going to have you guys mailed everything to me and then all make an appt with her so I can take the stuff to her (I'll take pics.)

The caps need to be done using soft yarn. CSS, DK, or sport weight yarn.

Acrylic yarn only, NO wool or cotton please.

She sent me this pattern.

Chain 4, join to form ring

ROW 1 Chain 3 (count as DC) 11 DC in ring (12), join

ROW 2 Chain 3, DC in joining stitch, 2 DC in each st. (24) join

ROW 3 Chain 3, DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next st., *DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next st. *repeat to end of row (32), join

ROW 4 Chain 3, DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next st *DC in next 3 stitches, 2 DC in next st., *repeat to end of row (40), join

ROW 5 Chain 3, DC in each stitch, add 2 DC extra st. On this row (42), join

ROWS 6,7,8,9,10 Chain 3, DC in each stitch, join

(I've noticed that I have to make a couple more rows here when using sport weight yarn)

ROW 11 Chain 3, turn DC in back of each st. Join

ROW 12 Chain 1, Sc in joining stitch, skip next 2 st., *5 DC in next st., skip 2st., sc in next st., *repeat to end of row, join, fasten off.

PM me for my address please.

She'll not turn away blankets, but what they really need like I said before is the caps.

Thank you,

Rose :hug :hug :hug :hug

They will take and need blankets also. Any help is appreciatted. Ms Rice just pointed out that caps is the major need. She said they never turn away anything. I am sorry if I was not clear on my post. My fault.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you are asking about DC but in reffering to my fireman bears, I was hoping that my charity gets picked for October or November slot that is still open. My family are almost all volenteer firefighters and we make fireman bears to give to the children they come accross in their work. If you are interested in helping you can PM me for details.

Ok now I see what you were talking about when you asked about DC- DC here means delivery confirmation. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks!! It does help out:hug. Good luck on getting the October or Novemeber slot!!

Clickable

th_IM000705.jpg

WOW!! Those are really cute, but unfortunately I have never attempted to make anything such as that, and not sure that I could.:(

WOW!! Those are really cute, but unfortunately I have never attempted to make anything such as that, and not sure that I could.:(

He is super easy and is a free toy pattern on freepatterns.com. We sew on all eyes and noses and do not add the plastic shield on the pattern so they can give them to children. Thanks!

On to the March charity. Thanks for posting that pattern. is caron ss in white ok? I dont know if I have any pastel colors left.

He is super easy and is a free toy pattern on freepatterns.com. We sew on all eyes and noses and do not add the plastic shield on the pattern so they can give them to children. Thanks!

On to the March charity. Thanks for posting that pattern. is caron ss in white ok? I dont know if I have any pastel colors left.

Thanks!!! I will check out the pattern, and attempt to make one. Hopefully I will be successful so if you get the desired spot, I will be able to help your charity.

I've decided to make some crocheted and some knitted hats - this will help me brush up on my knitting skills without taking forever!

she sent me the k**t pattern too. :lol

I must say I'm disappointed. After finishing the stuff for Feb., I made 3 baby ghans (36" sq) and was making matching hats. Post #1 said hats and blankets, any pattern, any yarn (sport or dk). Now, they don't really want blankets and hats have to be pastel or white. Do they all have to be that particular pattern, too? I guess I'll give the stuff I already made to another charity.

I must say I'm disappointed. After finishing the stuff for Feb., I made 3 baby ghans (36" sq) and was making matching hats. Post #1 said hats and blankets, any pattern, any yarn (sport or dk). Now, they don't really want blankets and hats have to be pastel or white. Do they all have to be that particular pattern, too? I guess I'll give the stuff I already made to another charity.

Check the thread here on the Charity CALs for Project Athena....

Archived