Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lea, I'm glad you like it...I added some of my own squares...and had to add at least one of the daisy squares I was sent, they're so bright and pretty...

When they're all done, would you like me to mail them to you, so you can bring them over? I need your addy, if you do...

You could just mail them to Paula if you want to...if not then I can take them for you... your choice...

Hugs,

Lea

Okay - I have Paula's name and the address at Ft. Bragg, so I'll mail them to her directly. It's easier all around.

I was thinking of making one of the remaining ghans one row bigger, if that sounds good - and maybe throw in a smaller sized ghan, too. I was thinking that mixing up the sizes would be good...and I'll label each one of them with the size when I mail them to her. As I make my own complete blankets down the road, I'll do the same with those.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know...I'm still new at this!:hook

Great idea!! Paula is really on top of things... If you send your email address she can let you know what needs they might have at different times... she is a sweetie!!

I'll remember to do that! Thanks so much!:hug

Hi Everyone and how are things going? I want to apologize for my absence lately...lots of things going on..just started school again...full-time...and working full-time so....it's hectic!

I am asking that if you choose to give to the US Veterans this month please feel free to donate to your local US Veterans Home or the VFW, Amvets, American Legion, Etc. I am donating lapghans to the Veterans that are residents of the Nursing Home my Mom is a resident at.

Again..sorry for the longggg absence...I'm here..maybe not everyday but I think of you all often!

Just got this Friday from Duke Children's Hospital....Just let us know the tally..... Thanks everyone!!!

Hi Lea:

I've checked with the in-patient unit, and this would be great for them. They need more preemie hats than regular newborn hats, and they need more blankets in all sizes than anything. Our shipping address is below. Please let me know if you need anything else or our end.

Thanks again,

Suzie Zeunges

Duke Children's Hospital Development

Phone: (919) 667-2567

Fax: (919) 667-0309

512 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400

Durham, NC 27701

Just got this Friday from Duke Children's Hospital....Just let us know the tally..... Thanks everyone!!!

Hi Lea:

I've checked with the in-patient unit, and this would be great for them. They need more preemie hats than regular newborn hats, and they need more blankets in all sizes than anything. Our shipping address is below. Please let me know if you need anything else or our end.

Thanks again,

Suzie Zeunges

Duke Children's Hospital Development

Phone: (919) 667-2567

Fax: (919) 667-0309

512 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400

Durham, NC 27701

The timing is perfect. I need to get rid of my baby blankie stash to make room in the guest room for mom. I was pretty sure that she didn't want to sleep in the garage. :lol

The timing is perfect. I need to get rid of my baby blankie stash to make room in the guest room for mom. I was pretty sure that she didn't want to sleep in the garage. :lol

... now if it was MIL, I'd say leave it... but your mom... pack it up!!!! :lol ..I love the Children's hospital there... I just don't cheer for the basketball team :cheer:D

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you ladies helped me out, and I'm so grateful. I did tell the manager of Fisher House that many hands went into the blankets I sent, and I received this note today:

"We loved your blankets! Thank you so much for your generous donations and continued support. We look forward to hearing more from you and can't wait to pass them out to the soldiers and their families. God bless! Paulla G. & Staff"

This will be an ongoing project for me.....

... I can't wait to see them.... heading down there with a load of stuff and I'll be able to get a first hand peek....

Thanks bunches

You're welcome. I'll be working on bigger ones, too, along with these smaller sizes....and the way I weave in ends there is no way on earth anything will come apart - regardless of how many times they're washed:hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I am trying to start a thread for a project I am working on but so far I can't. I am trying to collect 2 dozen hats (minimum) to bring to a local homeless veterans shelter. I am making as many as I can but need help.

How can I post this?

Archived