Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

:cheer I mailed a box today to Pine Ridge for Feb--

it had 2 scarfs and 2 hats that i made -- i needed to fill the box so i added 3 sets of jamies my teen age girls got for the holidays and did not want and a girls jacket and 2 pairs of gloves!

i know i need to let someone know --- i need to look that up!!!!:yay

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone let me know if the box I mailed off to the Pine Ridge was received yet? I mailed it off over a week ago and had put a note in the box requesting to be emailed to make sure it got there and haven't heard. Hope it got there ok thanks Lora:think

mbcindy please pm cluless - I just got your info from your post.....thanks! That was great that you sent the extras - the PJ's, jacket and gloves - Wow :cheer

I haven't heard from Rosalie or Diane about specific boxes...just a "Thank You" once a week. It's hard for them to send a special reply when they receive a box but rest assured that Rosalie's address was a good one and that all the items being rec'd are being out to good use. For future reference adding Delivery Confirmation to your package will ease that "I wonder if it got there" feeling. :hook

Thanks to everyone for all the help and hard work. :yes

Now on to current business - How's the baby hats coming along? They are so little I just seem to be whipping them out like crazy.

My box to Pine Ridge arrived on Thursday 2/29 according to the delivery confirmation! Hope someone will be able to use the poncho I sent.

Kim

There's no doubt in my mind. It's very beautiful

Hopefully everyone is finished with February and is shipping soon, if you have not already done so. Please check post #243 and make sure I have your name listed if you were a contributor. If not, PM me with your totals and send Flowerpower06 a list of the items that you have made. Time to march on to March.

Flowerpower06 is the blitz coordinator/counter for March and 2Kute is the charity sponsor. Please remember to PM them as you ship your hats and blankies so they can keep track of the donations.

Now get hookin! :cheer

There's no doubt in my mind. It's very beautiful

Thanks Cluless, I appreciate you saying that. I don't really have anyone to give my crocheted stuff to so it's fun to make nice things and donate them. I hope what I make helps someone feel loved and in some way more positive about their lives...

Kim

Oh my yes...no doubts at all.....that poncho is gorgeous and the items they receive there are so appreciated. It is so cold and there are so many that are so needy. Thanks to all for your warmth and generosity! :hug

My box to Pine Ridge arrived on Thursday 2/29 according to the delivery confirmation! Hope someone will be able to use the poncho I sent.

Kim

Yesterday I took the day off from work to head to the doctor. I made 3 baby hats while in the waiting room and 2 more on the subway this morning, using the pattern that 2kute posted. They are going very fast!

Yesterday I took the day off from work to head to the doctor. I made 3 baby hats while in the waiting room and 2 more on the subway this morning, using the pattern that 2kute posted. They are going very fast!

Thanks Cris. I love that pattern, it goes really fast. :)

Chain 4, join to form ring

ROW 1 Chain 3 (count as DC) 11 DC in ring (12), join

ROW 2 Chain 3, DC in joining stitch, 2 DC in each st. (24) join

ROW 3 Chain 3, DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next st., *DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next st. *repeat to end of row (32), join

ROW 4 Chain 3, DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next st *DC in next 3 stitches, 2 DC in next st., *repeat to end of row (40), join

ROW 5 Chain 3, DC in each stitch, add 2 DC extra st. On this row (42), join

ROWS 6,7,8,9,10 Chain 3, DC in each stitch, join

(I've noticed that I have to make a couple more rows here when using sport weight yarn)

ROW 11 Chain 3, turn DC in back of each st. Join

ROW 12 Chain 1, Sc in joining stitch, skip next 2 st., *5 DC in next st., skip 2st., sc in next st., *repeat to end of row, join, fasten off.

what size hook are you using and what is the finish size? I just made one with a g hook and it sure looks small!

:hug

what size hook are you using and what is the finish size? I just made one with a g hook and it sure looks small!

I'm using an I and it seems to be about the right size. I crochet tightly though, so maybe an H would work for you?

I'm glad this subject came up - I must crochet loosely - I am using a "G" and I think mine are bigger than newborn size. I just started another hat and I'm using an "F'...I think this is gonna be a good hook for me.

ok, I don't understand much of baby hats sizes but here are my measuments:

from the top all the way down (brim unfolded) 6"

with the hat folded measuring on the 10th round, measuring across 5"

that's with CSS and an 'H' hook

using any of the size 3 yarn or dk and a 'G' hook

from the top all the way down (brim unfolded) 5 1/2"

with the hat folded measuring on the 10th round, measuring across 4 3/4

Donna, does it seems right to you. The CSS I measured is the one the hospital sent me as a sample.

I forgot to mention this:

when using CSS my last increase is in round 4, total of 40 stitches

when using sport yarn I do all the increases in the pattern, total of 42 stitches and I add 2 more rounds before I do the 2 rounds for the brim.

I'm using this as a guide.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/size-chart.html#hat

I'm getting 3 piles - Preemie, Newborn and Fathead.. I'll send the preemies in the month that we have preemie stuff scheduled.

according to that chart, that pattern is the correct one for newborns

thanks for the link cluless

my are also the right size. guess I forgot how little newborn babies are:rofl

ok off to see how many I can get done. between this and the squares I should be just about :loco by the end of this month:lol and now my friend that does prayer shawls here in town wants to know if it is possible to make 100 lapghans for christmas!! I so think I will be needing HELP with that:lol I had no idea there were that many people at the senior center where she helped out at!!

I haven't gotten back with her yet but do you think the 12 12" squares will be good for this are will that be to big for the wheelchairs?

I've tightened up the stitches a bit ans went to an "F"...much better for newborn. Thanks for the link cluless.....I'm gonna make piles too.

I think we are all on the right track 2kute!

do you think the 12 12" squares will be good for this are will that be to big for the wheelchairs?:hug

I made a friend a lapghan (she's in a scooter...has MS) out of 12 inch squares: 3 across and 4 down, with a simple border. I think that's what I heard: 36 by 48 inches for a lapghan.

I made a friend a lapghan (she's in a scooter...has MS) out of 12 inch squares: 3 across and 4 down, with a simple border. I think that's what I heard: 36 by 48 inches for a lapghan.

Ok great thanks. I will get with Fran this week and hopfuly will get this going:)

.. When my oldest son was born, he was in the NICU unit for awhile...In honor of him I am doing 27 little hats to send off ( I 'm about a third done)...cause he is 27 years old this year! Baby hats are fun to make...

Archived