Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started a 2 strand snuggle for a big dog... I'm Mom to 2 German shepherds and always have a soft spot in my heart for thise big guys who can't get homes. I hope to make another big one, too.

hey sunspotted you have 3 (three) posts :rofl just picking on you

got very cute hats today...

so, how are the snuggles coming along?

we miss you around here ya know? :flower

more cute hats arriving.

I know Tracy's hats are on the way.

Would y'all let me know if I should wait for anybody else's package that's on the way besides Tracy.

Tracy's package is taking too long cause it's making weird noises :cat:cat:cat if you know what I mean :rofl

I have completed 5 snuggles so far. There are pics on my blog. Link in signature below.

Looks great, Tracy! I just assembled scraps for my next big dog snuggle.

I thought I'd attach a "note from Sparkie" (one of my G. shepherds) and attach it to this big one...is that okay? This next one will be a little smaller, and from Susie, my old lady GS. I have such a soft spot in my heart for the big dogs....

DO the snuggles have to be a closed stitch pattern? Or can we make them more interesting?

Not sure if that came out the way I mean it, just wanna know if we can do meshy type stuff too...

I make different stitches. You have to look out for big holes cause of their paws.

I love making ripples. So that's what I am doing. Usually I don't use any pattern that says chain more than 2 for the holes.

I have pics of some I made for local humane society on my blog.

You also can go to

snugglesproject.org

they have patterns there for free.

Their nails can catch on the looser stitches (I have 2 big dogs) so tighter/smaller is better. I've been working with stash...and 2 strands, picking up a new color to use with the one neutral I'm using.

I'll post pics when this second one is done. They may be all I get done for this month.

Did I mention that they're for big dogs?:D

I make different stitches. You have to look out for big holes cause of their paws.

I love making ripples. So that's what I am doing. Usually I don't use any pattern that says chain more than 2 for the holes.

I have pics of some I made for local humane society on my blog.

You also can go to

snugglesproject.org

they have patterns there for free.

Nice blankets on your blog! Now I know what else to do with any future RRs!

Nice blankets on your blog! Now I know what else to do with any future RRs!

Thanks. They love it. The RR my son asked me to make it in green (his fave color and the cat is his), so I picked thru my stash. I used only one strand. Cadmus is not a big cat and I keep his nails trimmed.

Bambam's, the straight ripple, I made with some baby (sport) weight yarn I had left over. She was just nesting with it a few min ago.

So I know how important it is for them to have a little blankie to snuggle with.

The other five I made and donated to the humane society, are being used well.

I am gonna make more for them as soon as I am done with Spot's.

I have received some more packages. Please check post #443 and lemme know if I still have to wait a few more days for your package.

If I got everybody's I will call the hospital to make an appt.

You ladies were wonderful. Thanks so much.

:hug:hug:hug

Don't forget when you mail your snuggles to http://www.spotsblanket.com to let that ThatThunderbird and I know you've sent with a PM or email so we can post a tally!!

.. :dog:wbrr I know the cold furbabies will appreciate them!

What's the address for the shelter...I don't see it on the link...

Thanks

I hunted it down too, it's on post 3 of this thread....

Spot's Blanket, P. O. Box 23704, Lexington, KY 40523

Archived