Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Hi all you Awesome Crochetvillers!

I wanted to stop in and ask "How's it going on your projects"? I'm about ready to send off to Tracyleigh. I believe I should be good to go earlier to middle next week.

Thanks for all you do for those less fortunate than ourselves. :manyheart:hug

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have about three scarves ready and should have another two by next week. I am hoping to have them in the mail to you by the 24th. Is that going to be enough time?

That should be plenty of time. And thank you so much.

Hi there

I have received items from HappyBunny and Criskad. Thank you both so much.

I have to find the software for my digital camera so I can load it onto my new laptop. As soon as I do that, I will post pics for everyone to see.

I've got 3 scarves done and will mail them this week. I might squeek out another one if I get a chance. I've got the address from last years Blitz if it's still the same. :)

I received a phone call today in response to an ad I put on York Regions Re-Use-Ful website re yarn for charity. I drove up the road about 20 minutes and picked up a car load full of yarn, knitting needles (I don't knit), crochet hooks, sewing items (most of which I don't even know what they are for....LOL). There were 7 (yes 7) rug latch hooks. There is a whole bunch of tapestry? stuff. Wow! There is a whole bunch of cross stitch fabric. LOL

My basement is full.

Why am I on the computer when I am drowning in yarn? I am in heaven.

need....to.....crochet.

Hi everyone. I found the software and downloaded it and then, of course, I couldn't find the batteries for my camera. Bought some new ones today. Hopefully over the weekend I will get pics posted. I am going in for surgery tomorrow so I don't think I will be online. It depends on how I am when I get home. If you still need my address for the January Blitz just PM me and I will get it to you by the end of the weekend. Even if I have to have my son sign on and do it. Cheers!

Sorry about all the pics folks but I am all caught up now. I will be posting pics as I receive packages now that I have everything all sorted out on the laptop....LOL

Hopefully those pics aren't too fuzzy...still a little shaky from surgery.

January is turning out to be a great month. I have 48 items down so far for Casting Off the Cold. :cheer Keep up the Good Work ya'all!

I have been PM'd by some 'Villers who would like more info on next month's charity project - the Okini One Spirit Program. It appears we have some eager fingers! I'm grateful for that. :hook

We will be donating to the Lakota Families at the Pine Ridge Reservation in Pine Ridge South Dakota. We are donating through their Okini One Spirit Program. This is just one of the many charities under the Native Progress umbrella of charities. Through this program the Okini Advocacy Center will give the items to the specific families currently enrolled in their Okini Program. Here is a link with some info about Okini:

http://nativeprogress.org/content/view/43/54/

This time of year the focus is Keeping Warm. The Reservation is in South Dakota and some families only have a wood stove or kerosene heater for the entire home. So anything to bring warmth and comfort to someone is needed. There are Seniors, Children, Men, Women, Animals.

Afghans, shawls, lapghans, hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, ear muffs, booties, socks, etc.

Housewares are also needed.

The first week of Feb. I will post the address of where your items can be sent.

Thanks again to all you wonderful and generous 'Villers. :manyheart Without your generosity this yearly charity blitz would not be possible.

Archived