Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am used to mailing overseas. All they ask at the PO is if there's anything perishable, liquids, or breakable. Then you fill a form describing what's in the box.

When I am ready to mail to this charity I'll just put: crocheted items. That'll do.

PS: fill the form before you get in line if there's one LOL

As long as I know who sent each item just putting your name in the box would help. I can always tag here.

Re customs forms, I don't know about the States, but almost everything I mail out from Canada has to have a form. I just usually put "crocheted items" and that does it.

Hi, everyone! I have just finished updating post 3 with the list of charities selected for January through September 2008! In December, each participant can donate to a charity of their own personal choice.

We still have charity slots open for October and November. If you have a charity you'd like to recommend to us, please copy the appropriate information from Post #2, add your charity's information, and send it to me via PM.

DH mailed out my box today, my name is in the box but not on each item. :yes I shipped it in a priority mail box and for 2 hats and 3 scarves it cost $23.00 to ship! :eekI had no idea it would be that expensive and DH wasn't too happy.:(

Kim

DH mailed out my box today, my name is in the box but not on each item. :yes I shipped it in a priority mail box and for 2 hats and 3 scarves it cost $23.00 to ship! :eekI had no idea it would be that expensive and DH wasn't too happy.:(

Kim

Oh my...that is expensive. Could the parcel have been sent a cheaper way? I usually just tell the PO that I what it to go the "regular" ole way...just not on the slow boat...:devil

Okay, here is the big bad ugly truth.

It is expensive to ship to Canada, BUT!!!!

For me to ship to send a package at a get there rate of about 7-days costs only about a dollar two more than if the package was to get ther in about 7 WEEKS. It depends very largely on the size and weight of the package.

Please talk to your postal worker, and YES you will need to fill out a customs form.

Another thought to keep in mind...Tracy sent in Blitz items EVERY SINGLE MONTH LAST YEAR FROM CANADA TO THE US, I guess the cost of postage didn't keep her down

Okay, here is the big bad ugly truth.

It is expensive to ship to Canada, BUT!!!!

For me to ship to send a package at a get there rate of about 7-days costs only about a dollar two more than if the package was to get ther in about 7 WEEKS. It depends very largely on the size and weight of the package.

Please talk to your postal worker, and YES you will need to fill out a customs form.

Another thought to keep in mind...Tracy sent in Blitz items EVERY SINGLE MONTH LAST YEAR FROM CANADA TO THE US, I guess the cost of postage didn't keep her down

I didn't say I regretted sending the package to Canada but it would have been nice to have advance notice that to contribute to the charity for this month will cost a little more in shippping.

Kim

I didn't even think about the shipping costs from the US to Canada. I am used to paying around $20-25 to ship my charity items every month so I guess I didn't even think to warn you guys about it. I almost always ship surface unless I am really late getting my items out.

I just had a chance to go over all the charities that are posted so far. I am really looking forward to donating again this year. It is nice to know in advance what is coming up. When I am making my hats/scarves for January if I have a little left over but not enough to make a hat, I can turn that into a 6" square or an 8" square for another month's charity.

This is going to be so much fun!!!

I am going to try to take pics of what I have made so far for this month's charity and post them later on today. ((That is if my son hasn't absconded with my digital camera's batteries again))

Thank you so much for selecting Spot's Blanket For April...I was so touched I cried...

As for size of "Spot's"; They are for any size dog not just large ones so anything will do. A mod can feel free to edit that in the post Amy made if that is possible.

Thanks a bunch!!!

My charity is in too! I couldn't believe my eyes...

Thank you so much!!!

BTW, I am used to send mail overseas. Use first class but not priority.

For a couple scarves and a few hats might run under $10 which is better than $23.

We'll just have to ship earlier. It might take 7-10 days for the package to get to Canada.

I just received this email from the Casting off the Cold contact in my area. I hope it's not too late to put in the request here.

Hi Ladies,

I just received a request for Linus blankets, so I was wondering if any of you would be able to help us out this project!! The sizes are 12x18 for the Neo Natal Units, and also 24x30, 30x30 inches. We would appreciate it very much if you can pass the word around.

Thank you,

Sally, for castingoffthecold@gmail.com

:crocheting ((can ya see the smoke???))

I have a bunch of six inch fleece squares that I can edgerydoo, they'd be perfect for the 12 x 18 blankies. Even I can sew 6 squares together (I think). So far I've made 4 scarves, 4 hats, 2 pair of mittens and a scarve-hat thingie (should I call it a harf or a scat?).

Is it too late to join the 008 Blitz? If not I am in.

You are certainly welcome to join in! :hook We are glad to have you!

This months' charity needs to be to Tracyleigh by 1/28/08 so if you have enough time to get something together for this month that's great...if not...you can start on next month's charity which is the Okini One Spirit Program - anything warm for the needy on the Reservations; Lakota, Souix, Pine Ridge.

AmyS has posted the rest of the Charity's for the year in post #3. Jump right in!

how early do you think we will need to mail out so that packages will get to you in time?

I have 2 hats and a scarf ready to go

hugs

I'd say give it a week. I'm mailing my stuff no later than the 20th.

tracy-

2 questions. Do we need to have the items in the mail to you by the 26th or the items to you by the 28th? I wasn't planning on mailing the stuff until the last possible minute, and it seems like the packages I mail to you take 14 forevers to get there regardless of how I ship.

Second question,what do you want on the tags? C'ville Name? real name? Visa card number?

In order for me to have all the numbers to Donna on time, please have your packages in the mail by January 26th.

You guys are the best! Thank you so much.:clap

OOPS....My Bad...thanks for catching that cluless.

tracy-

2 questions. Do we need to have the items in the mail to you by the 26th or the items to you by the 28th? I wasn't planning on mailing the stuff until the last possible minute, and it seems like the packages I mail to you take 14 forevers to get there regardless of how I ship.

Second question,what do you want on the tags? C'ville Name? real name? Visa card number?

Me Me Me - I'll take the Visa card number.

Seriously thou - this is great. I am going to try and participate in at least a few months this year. I have lots of yarn to use up. I also have suddenly become addicted to making baby hats - I don't even have kids - this is not right, but must be meant to be for the little babies that need them in the upcoming months.

Great job everyone is doing on this blitz charity - congratulations!

tracy-

:rofl

My tags have my real name and the town, province, country I live in/on/under.....LOL

Archived