Crocheted Necklace & Earrings

angel

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I lost my 'crochet mojo' at the beginning of the year but I've gotten it back again. This is my most recent Finished Item and my first attempt crocheting with wire:

wc3cville.jpg

It's a very simple design but if anyone is interested, I'm happy to post the pattern (edited to add: pattern here).

There are a few more photos on my blog.

-- Michelle

Yes, please post the pattern, they are beautiful. I'm getting short on time and ideas for my three lovely daughters in law and these would be great. I've given them hats and scarves several years running so need something different. Thanks, Zaraliz

I haven't actually liked the look of much crocheted jewelry so far because it seems so big and clunky, but I really like this! Very simple and elegant. I'd love the pattern. What gauge of wire is it?

I think your jewerly is really pretty. You did a really good job

I don't know if I could make wire jewerly.

Question:

Does it hurt your hands? I have arthiris in mine. I was wondering. ? Pinkroses

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I will post the pattern soon (edited to add: pattern here).

Pinkroses - my hands hurt after I crochet with thread and a small hook but they didn't after this. I am not sure if it will hurt your hands but it is a simple and quick set to crochet, I suppose you could take your time with it and see.

-- Michelle

I was afraid to look at a pic of crocheted jewelry, but I am absolutely floored! That is sooo gorgeous. It made me want to make one (or a bunch) and wear them every day. I'm new to crocheting, though, so I think I will get a little more practice before I attempt wire! I will have to learn how to put beads into my crochet b/c I think that is such a lovely addition to projects.

Carrie, crocheting with beads is very easy - if you can do a chain stitch or a single-crochet (US) / double-crochet (Aus), you can crochet very effectively with beads (you can use more complicated stitches if you like but I don't think it's necessary).

Pre-string all your beads onto the yarn, thread or wire and then when you do a stitch, move the bead right up to the hook and crochet 'around' it so the stitch catches the bead and that's all there is to it :)

-- Michelle

Archived