Decorative Toothbrush Holder

Does anyone else use those pretty decorative toothbrush holders that sit on your bathroom sink as crochet hook holders?:think I was looking for something to keep on the end table next to my crochet chair that would display some of my nice wood hooks. While in Bed and Bath the other day I walked past the bathroom section and this beautiful toohtbrush holder just "popped" out at me. I thought it would be perfect to hold my crochet hooks and it is! I have even had friends ask where I found the beautiful antique crochet hook holder:lol And the best part....it was on clearance. I only paid $10.00 for it. This find has caused me to check out toothbrush holders wherever I go. :hook

What a terrific idea! I never thought of that. In my house it wouldn't work with little kids running around--they'd be forever taking them and losing them--but I will keep it in mind for future years. :)

I think this is a great idea! I'll have to hit up the dollar store soon and see what they have.... seasonal hook holders, how cool would that be :lol

Just think of all the places you can look for these holders....antique stores, dollar stores, bath shops, consignment shops....someone has even suggested ceramic shops. I wish this idea had crossed my mind when all the craft fairs were going on. I am remembering a booth that sold hand molded ceramic pieces. They were very interesting shapes and one in particular would have been great for holding hooks, scissor, pen. These would have made leaving my "tools" easily accessible and a conversation piece instead of a clutter space. I know I will be one of those mad hookers looking at all the toothbrush holders (and anything else that might work) the next couple of months. I hope this isn't a new obsession...I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore yarn so I have to turn my attention to something else, right:devil

I was in the Christmas Tree Shop today and found the cutest sleigh toothbrush holder. I put my hooks in as soon as I got home - it looks great! What a fun way to leave our hooks handy! My friends said they are going to start "checking out" what my hooks are in every time they come over. My husband even gets a kick out of the changes. He says if they are going to be on the table anyway, why not have fun with them:hook

What a neat idea!!!:clap Next time I go to the store I'll have to look for one. My hook seems to always slip between my couch cushions and down to the floor!!:eek:lol Then I have to get on my hands and knees and look for the darn thing!! Anyhoo, thanx for the great idea!!:hook

• 9 months later...

Since this is Fair season in New England keep your eyes open for handmade ceramic toothbrush holders or pencil holders that would make great containers for our crochet hooks. I have found some really great hook holders that are handmade....very unique :hook

Haha! It's amazing the things you can find. I grabbed my younger sister's old gameboy case (when they first made the pocket gameboys, not the ones that are the size of a book like mine was) and the hooks fit perfectly in there, it's just the right length and it snaps closed so it works great for me! Plus it's see through so I always know what's in there.

This is a great idea. I have a pretty peach colored ceramic one that I bought with my bathroom set, then found out there wasn't room on the bathroom sink for it. Now where did I put it? I know I didn't throw it away, so it's got to be here. Well, when I find it, it'll have a new purpose.

In high school (too many yrs ago), I too a ceramics class. I made a vase which was 6 different length tubes bunched together on a fancy base. It would have made a great hook holder, but it disappeared yrs ago (maybe broken).

Ellie 13

I have several seasonal toothbrush holders that receive comments all the time. I love all the different ideas for holding our crochet hooks. I just wanted to remind people to keep their eyes open because this is a great time of year to find great things for those "many" hooks (if you're like me) that I have to keep on hand just in case I lose the one I'm using.

Archived