Can THIS Even be Justified??

That is crazy. I wonder if someone thought that it was for more than one skein of yarn. As it says in the description they are the same dyelot. Hmmmm !

I thot that at 1st too... but below that, someone was smart enough to ask, and she does say it's for ONE skein!

She's got TWO of them like that!!! :think

http://cgi.ebay.com/Caron-Victorian-Christmas-Gold-Yarn-Cranberry-8oz_W0QQitemZ220170050667QQihZ012QQcategoryZ36590QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wonder if it's *special* yarn for those who're fiber art challenged & it crochets itself??? :laughroll

Holy Cow what a price. At that I have some choice property to sell in TN at the local landfill. I wonder if we all started selling our yarn at that price per skein, just think how much money we would all have and then we could all start our statches over again.

That is crazy. I wonder if someone thought that it was for more than one skein of yarn. As it says in the description they are the same dyelot. Hmmmm !

My Goodness.. if you can read the label it says it's a no dyelot yarn!

People will pay ridiculous prices for some awfully silly stuff on Ebay. This was a totally asinine price to pay for one skein of yarn, and it makes me wonder what's so special about it. There can't be ten people who misread the description that badly, can there?

One night on the news here they ran a story about a guy who sold an AIR GUITAR on Ebay! The auction page showed a photo of an empty guitar case, and it specified that the case was not included in the deal, that the only thing for sale was the AIR GUITAR. The best part is the final selling price for the thing was $4500.00!!!!!!! Some IDIOT paid over $4,000 for NOTHING!!!!! It takes all kinds, I guess. :lol

Elle

I work for an auction hall that sells everything from antiques to junk....you would be amazed at what some people will pay for things. We always say....it takes at least 2 people to make an auction.

As far as this auction is concerned...I also think it's crazy to spend that much on yarn....but I am also the one that thinks that the people that shell out $60 for the cathedral window afghan pattern are nuts too. Kudos to the seller....they found an item that a lot of people want.

I think what might happen sometimes is that the seller bids on their own item under a different name to make the item look legit and makes other bidders drive the price higher. When the auction ends, the pseudo-bidder "backs out" and the next highest bidder wins, sometimes at a much lower, but still high price for such an item.

I bid on a pattern (12 pointed star I believe it's called) and stopped my bid at like $7 and was outbid way higher. Much to my surprise I got a message saying I'd won due to the higher bidder not being able to hold to their bid.

Archived