i have turned my back on crochet for good!

so here i am. sitting on the couch crocheting a hat for myself.

:) i've made a lot for my kids, but this one is for me. so my 5 year old comes close to me and watches what i am doing. i have been crocheting for longer than any of my kids have been alive. so it's not a new thing that i am sitting down with my hooks or needles (i love knitting too) when all of the sudden she says to me "mom, can you teach me your "needleling"? :eek yes ladies, it's official. i will never be reffered to as a crocheter. i am officially a "needleler"!:hook

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How precious! How DO they do that? We have a lot of family sayings that the kids have coined..such as calling magazines, "mazagines". Then there's "don't drown the water, I'm not done with my bath!" Another bathtub related saying goes like this: Make the water "Hot where it won't burn me."

And really, being a needleler is a pretty good thing to be:cheer

I don't crochet or knit, I "do yarn", according to my 5 year old. We also "sit on the fofa". We used to not take showers, we'd "do stand up to rinse" or "rainbaths".

Kids are just too cute sometimes.

My DS (who is now 20) called the refrigerator 'frigitainer'. I think that one started when I asked him to put the container of pasta back in the fridge. He was about 3 or 4 the first time he said it. And it stuck :lol:lol

When he comes home from college and stops by, I ask him to go to the frigitainer to get me a soda.

I knittle, I don't crochet. I don't know where that came from, it just did.

My now 16 yr old used to call crayons IEs(eye eee) The 15 yr old doesn't say "honk your horn", he says, "Mrrmmp the horn".

My 6 yr old calls quarters "turdles" and he doesn't have a speech problem, it's just what he calls them, he can say the right word, he just doesn't.

Marshmallow is arshello.

When my 25 yr old sister was little, and my dad would ask mom if she wanted ice cream, he would spell it out so Kari couldn't understand and throw a fit if the answer was no. Kari started saying "KRD", and now that's what everyone calls dessert.

Kids are a hoot.:yay

Oh gosh - that's cute. Good one!!!

Another "yarnin" here......cracked me up the first time my son said that to me. We had gone to Michael's and there was a lady doing a demonstration in the store. Later that night he mentioned the lady that was "yarnin" at the yarn store. LOL. Now I yarn.

"knittle" is very cute too. hahaha.

I have a nephew who used to say cucamumber for cucumber.

Another nephew used to ask for another load instead of another helping at dinner.

Remember when "The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" was on Saturday morning TV and there was an episode of Hefalumps and Woozles. To this day my 22 yo Marine Son calls Elephants and Weezles, Hefalumps and Woozles :lol

Well this isn't something my nephew (now 19) said but what he did. He was about 2 and being toilet trained and I had just gotten a puppy who I was paper training,my nephew was at my house and had to go, he saw Samantha use the paper, so he went to the paper and peed on it because he thought thats where we went in my house. When my dad died my nephew was just about to turn 6 in a couple of day,me and my sister were talking about the wake and he stands up and looks at us and says "you can't wake grampa,he dead".

To this day my family calls doughnuts donos all because of a kid I used to sit for called them that. Also fingers are pingers. My eldest niece called cartoons raccoons and Sesame Street was Cresame Street. My eldest nephew would say No way hose way instead of Jose. Kids are great! :cheer:clap

people movies have real people

i do that, if asking about a movie i'll say "is it a cartoon or people movie?"

my biggest one is i call a rubber spatula a whippy

grandmom calls it a rubber spatuler

oddly enough grandmoms the one who gives things different names... and its not stuff that carried over from kids

like the turn signal is a "clickity clack"

:P i translate grandmom to english for people

That is gorgeous !!

We had a cat who was called "Cattan", by my now 17 year old because Cats had Cattans and not Kittens.

When my niece was little she had problems pronouncing "Grandpa", even when she started to pronounce them correctly she would argue with Haydn. Haydn would say, "Chloe, his name is Grandpa." She would then reply, "You can call him Grandpa, but I call him "Pampa"

But the funniest one of all (according to my family) is my name. I am called Dianne Maree, but when little I couldn't say Maree. When asked what my name was, I would say "My name is Dianne a Wee". Yes it stuck and when I turned 21 Mum put my photo in the paper with Dianne a Wee underneath it.

Archived