Um...hey...

Crochet Guy

Hi, Im crochet guy, kinda embarrassing because well Im a boy and boys don't usually crochet, but, my Grandmother taught me and I've been hooked every since.

Everybody thinks im gay because im a boy who loves to crochet im because im only 14... but I can assure you Im not gay, I just love to crochet.

I don't really know why I searched up 'Crochet Forum' on Google, I guess I just am tired of people making fun of me, and I thought that people who crochet lots would not make fun of me... I hope.

Before signing up I check a few topics, and I must say now I feel like a crochet n00b:eek.

I can only do 1 type of crochet-ing, don't ask me what its called, I can only really make squares/rectangles :(, but im fairly fast, I did a 3Foot x 8Foot blanket in 2 days :D, but if anyone can point me in the right direction for making fancier designs like some that I've seen here, please tell me so I can get better.

So, that my introduction thingy.

So ya,

Hi everybody:)

~Crochet Guy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and Welcome from Ohio!

More and more guys are crocheting all the time. Have you checked out your local library? That's were I learned most of what I know. I just got some books with crochet projects in them and had at it. Mostly I learned to frog (pull out the stitches) so there were no mistakes around to haunt me.

Jump right in here any time. I'd a love to see a photo of your finished blanket!

Thanks for the nice welcome all :)

I don't know when I'll be able to post a picture of the blanket because my family recently move out of province and were not done unpacking yet, but when I find the camera and blanket Ill be sure to post it.

And I can't check out my local library because I don't have one, the closest one is 1 hour away, I live in a small town.

And wow, I just checked out a few of the introduction topic, there are people from allot of different places!

Hopefully I learn allot here and become a much better crochet-er (?)

My son is fifteen and he crochets. Welcome to Crochetville! :clap You should talk to the Crochet Dude-- he's famous!! He designs, and everthang! :2rock And I know there's a couple other guys here, too.

Tina

You will find lots of support here at the ville. People of all ages,countries and walks of life. You are also not the only teenager and tell those small minded people that men were actually the first knitters and crocheters! And if they don't believe you tell them to go to littledee.net by Chris Baldwin he actually explains it all. So keep on hooking! :hook

Hey! Surgeons do needlework for hobbies as it helps keep their dexterity up!

There are lots of great patterns for things for guys that are well, very "guy" and not "gay".

(Afghans with logos and colors of sports teams, skully hats... socks... )

And when the knit/crochet club is mostly girls.... you'll be a very popular dude there!

(are girls that interesting yet for 14 yr old boys?) And think of all the cool stuff you'll be able to make for girlfriends.

ya check out the crochet dude he makes money designing in crochet, and has been published in mags. hes pretty awesome! and there are a few other guys i have seen bummin around the ville here. and ditto to the previous gf comment how cool will you we when you date... only one making a handmade gift for their girlfriend!

p.s. check out http://www.anniesattic.com and http://crochetpatterncentral.com

I think it is just great! You came to the right place to learn new things. There is so much information here. You will spend hours going through all the posts and threads.:welcomefrom Massachusetts!

No body will make fun of you here!

You don't even need a library. You can find just about everything you need to know about crochet, as well as free patterns, right on the internet. If

you read all the posts here, you will find links to many fascinating things.

I suggest you always read the section New Posts, because that gives you all the posts made in all the many different sections of the Ville.

And people here love to help and give great advice.

Jean L.

Life is too short to miss out on doing the things you love because of what other people think! Sure, male crocheters are in the minority--so what? Be proud of what you do!

There's a young man who posts regularly in the thread crochet section--Jared--who makes beautiful things.

I agree there are free patterns on the internet for just about anything you'd want to make, and tutorials on you-tube for all kinds of techniques. You can learn as much as you want, when you're ready to learn! :welcome

:welcome

I'm glad that you do what you enjoy no matter what other people think. You're never going to please everyone that you come in contact with. You just have to be true to yourself.

welcome:welcome and :hihi there! from the susquehanna valley of pennsylvania! :devil

active forum?!?!?:rofl welcome to your new addiction!:devil:hook i am a girl and i started crocheting when i was around your age....people thought i was weird too.....keep it up no matter what!:hug

Welcome, Grochet Guy! We have a number of men who crochet here, so you may be in the minority, but you're not alone. In fact, in lots of cultures, weaving and making fishing nets and working with fiber is men's work, not women's work. Check out our very own Crochet Dude, who's a totally awesome designer, and we have men who craft crochet hooks out of wood (Jimbo and a couple of others). Patty

Welcome and don't let it get to you, some of the most famous designers are men; most of the famous chief are men.

When I have a problem my husband who can read a pattern and do basic crochet is there to help me figure it out.

Welcome from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky!:tdance

You will love this forum-this is the most caring bunch of people I've ever met.

:dog

42 days and my son will be home from Iraq!!!!

Archived