Pineapple Bedspread

tiffmeyer

I recently entered a few items in our local state fair but just never got a chance to take pictures and post them. I have 2 things in thread and the rest I posted under the babies and childrens.

I made this bedspread with 2 strands of ecru size 10 thread 120 squares and slip stitched them all together and crocheted a border around. I got a second place ribbon for. I am going to be entering this into the state farm show in harrisburg in January.

DCP01254.jpg

The work in that boggles the mind...but it's beautiful! Congrats on the ribbon, and good luck in the next show. I know a lot of people will enjoy looking at your lovely work, no matter what the result!

:clap :clap Just beautiful!!!:clap :clap

I'm making a tablecloth and the motifs need to be whipstiched. You say you slipstiched yours together. I going to try that. What a great idea!!!

Love your bedspread!!!!:manyheart

Betty

I put the two squares together flat and slip stitched through the fp and bp to make it looked framed on the right side. I thought it was quicker than how the pattern had it.

It's gorgeous! I can't even imagine how much time and patience that must have taken! :nworthy

I love the pineapple squares - can you tell me where to find the pattern?

Congratulations on your ribbon, too! I'll bet you bring home first place at the fair! :cheer

I believe it is out of a ultimate book of pineapple book.Not sure though.

I borrowed it from a friend and returned it. I will find out.

There is a pattern for it to be a tablecloth also.

Archived