Favorite Stitch

Hi all-

I was looking at a few sites that had different stitches that another member gave me and as was said, there are so many. LOL, so many I can't choose. So I am coming here to you guys.

What's your favorite stitch?

Thanks!

Which million did you want me to start with? :rofl

I am finding that more and more often I use half double crochet as my "base line" stitch for a lot of my designs.

After that I really like the V-stitch for what it allows you to do and it just looks so good. Boy, talk about a plain Vanilla person :sigh

Then I will love any of the next thousands of stitches that I see and as I use them.

That's hard to say, it really depends on what I am using it for. I guess for plain solid crocheting I like hdc better than sc or dc. As for a lacy stitch I like a shell in a v-stitch right now. Also, I very much like the Daisy Lace stitch in the Crochet Stitch Bible and have been using adaptations of it in a lot of things.

Of the basic stitches, hdc is my favorite and I like the V stitch. Truthfully, I haven't used a fraction of the stitches out there. I like buying the Leisure Arts pamphlets on different stitches and then practicing them when I feel like crocheting, but not really working on a project.

I love the shells as they are so beautiful and you can do them in so many ways. I enjoy the V-doubles (which is the V-stitch without the ch 1). I can do that one with any yarn no matter if it's hard to see or not.

I have been using the hdc a lot lately as it's so adjustable, but also doesn't stretch as much as the dc.

I'm a V-Stitch fan. Lately I've been smitten with hdc, sc, hdc...next row starts so it's opposite (sc, hdc, sc)...I'm sure it has a name, but I have no clue what that name might be.:hook

My current favorite is the "up-down" (moss?) stitch -

Row 1 - sc, dc, sc, dc to end of row,

Row 2 - dc, sc, dc, sc to end of row,

Keep repeating until done.

My current favorite is the "up-down" (moss?) stitch -

Row 1 - sc, dc, sc, dc to end of row,

Row 2 - dc, sc, dc, sc to end of row,

Keep repeating until done.

That is what I have been using the most lately too.

Something else I also do:

Row 1- sc, sc, dc, dc, sc, sc to end of row

Row 2 -dc, dc, sc, sc, dc, dc to end of row

For whatever reason most of the things I make I use hdc over sc. I don't use patterns a lot, but then again I am making bags to felt and blankets and scraves and hats.

I also like mixing hdc with dc (blanket I am making my dd right now is 2 rows of hdc and a row of dc repeating).

for borders I like the shell stitch the most...have tried picot, but it just doesn't thrill me. Still learning new stitches...also have a bad habit of edging my knit blankies (mostly doll & child sized) with a row of sc and shells or sc, dc, hdc.

Well since alot of people are giving their favorite stitchs I'll throw in mine too, lol. Since I really only know three of them (sc, dc, hdc) my favorite would have to be dc, followed by hdc, then sc. That up/down one sounds pretty neat, I'll have to try that soon.

Archived