Knit and Crochet Today Air Times

Hi Everyone!

I have been collecting a list of air times for the new show Knit and Crochet Today that will air this fall on PBS. Some PBS's are starting as early as next week, while others are waiting till October.

Here is the link to the list I have made so far. It is definitely not complete. SO if you know of one that I am missing, please let me know! Oh and I forgot to say that most PBS's don't announce a new show until 2 weeks before it airs. So those waiting to air it in Oct- we may not know about for a few weeks yet.

I hope you guys like the show! I was so nervous taping my episodes, but now I am so excited to see it.

Robyn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on either of the PBS stations available here so far. But if you want to see All Creatures Great and Small for the bazillionth time then no worries. Don't get me wrong I like All Creatures Great and Small but it has been on over and over again forever!

I emailed my local PBS and I am still waiting to hear from them. I really want them to air the show it looks like such a great show from all I have read in Crochet Today. I might try to give the station a call on Tuesday.

Thanks - I was hoping I would be able to figure out when this show was on. I don't see WVIZ in Cleveland listed - yet - hope they carry it. However, you show PBS 45/49 in Kent, OH. Although I live closer to Cleveland, I do get 45/49 - YIPPEE!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I have been collecting a list of air times for the new show Knit and Crochet Today that will air this fall on PBS. Some PBS's are starting as early as next week, while others are waiting till October.

Here is the link to the list I have made so far. It is definitely not complete. SO if you know of one that I am missing, please let me know! Oh and I forgot to say that most PBS's don't announce a new show until 2 weeks before it airs. So those waiting to air it in Oct- we may not know about for a few weeks yet.

I hope you guys like the show! I was so nervous taping my episodes, but now I am so excited to see it.

Robyn

Thanks Robyn for posting this!! Can't wait to see ya!

It starts airing this Friday (Sept 7th) WOO-HOO! I live in Ocala, FL and I am pretty sure that my local PBS is out of Orlando (most of my channels are). It's WBCC and it airs at 1pm. The first show I'll get to see is all about felting!

Augh!!! I missed the first episode.

It aired yesterday.

I have a pretty good cable system which shows about five different Kentucky Educational Television stations and four different Cincinnati Education Television stations. It's on KET 3 on Tuesday mornings.

I'll set the DVR to pick up the remaining episodes...hopefully they'll repeat episode 1 soon after the first set of episodes.

PBS is Channel 13 in my neck of the woods but I can't seem to find it on the Guide - so I am thinking that it doesn't air here :eek

Has anyone else found it from New York?

No, I just checked my listings and it's not even showing up as a program on my PBS station's website. :( And I really want to see it too.

No, I just checked my listings and it's not even showing up as a program on my PBS station's website. :( And I really want to see it too.

I'm also in NY...I've checked the line up and its not there. I emailed PBS and asked them to add it to the line up.

It starts October 6 which is a Saturday at 8am for the Maryland bunch which is Channel 22 unless you of course have cable on my cable system that is Channel 4. Thanks for the info I have written a sticky note and when October rolls around I'll be able to set it up on my DVR and then I can dub it to DVD!

I'm very excited, according to Fayette's list, I will be able to watch Knit and Crochet Today on PBS on the Dayton, Ohio station at 2:00! I have it programmed to record, since I know the kids will want to ask me questions or get them a snack at that time! I'll watch it when it's on, but since I want to watch it, it's guaranteed that I'll be interrupted. :cheer

Yea! I get to watch the first episode after all. :clap

I didn't think I get the Dayton PBS station here, but I do. :hook

Thanks Ellen for the heads-up. I'll watch it live, but I'm also DVRing it.

(Sometimes sick days from work can be good.):devil

Hi All, I just saw Knit and Crochet Today on PBS. I don't know if it was the first episode or if I have missed one... I didn't know it's produced by Candi Jensen! There was a knit project, then a crochet project, demonstrated by Brett Bara of Crochet Today. There was an interview with Nicky Epstein and some great tips on felting from Linda Cyr. Overall, it was good. I'm thrilled that there is a program with "crochet" in the title. I hope it takes off well. I haven't seen the website yet: knitandcrochettoday.com but I'm going to take a peek. Maybe they will have something about checking local listings. I have my VCR programmed for future episodes.

Hi All, I just saw Knit and Crochet Today on PBS. I don't know if it was the first episode or if I have missed one...

I'm pretty sure that's the first episode. I thought I heard that the first episode was on felting.

I didn't know it's produced by Candi Jensen! There was a knit project, then a crochet project, demonstrated by Brett Bara of Crochet Today. There was an interview with Nicky Epstein and some great tips on felting from Linda Cyr. Overall, it was good.

I thought it was pretty good too. Not great, but good. The producers knew their target audience would be needlecrafters of all skills. As a result, some parts seem a little patronizing to me, but would be very helpful for beginning crafters. On the other hand, some parts may seem a little over-the-top for some newbies. I really wish this was an hour instead of 30 minutes.

I learned some tips about felting. Since I have a front load washer, I have problems felting. Now I know why. I also learned that felting by hand isn't as time-consuming as originally thought. Maybe I'll give hand felting a try...as soon as I complete my 1,001 other WIPs.

I'm thrilled that there is a program with "crochet" in the title. I hope it takes off well. I haven't seen the website yet: knitandcrochettoday.com but I'm going to take a peek. Maybe they will have something about checking local listings. I have my VCR programmed for future episodes.

Ellen, do you get all of the KET stations (not just channel 54 out of Highland Heights)? It's on one of the subsidiary KET stations on Tuesdays. I haven't yet, but I'll set my DVR player for that showing. Hey, it's three days earlier. :lol

For some reason, I couldn't find a KET channel on my TW cable. I live closer to Cincinnati than Dayton, but I found it on WPTO 14 (which I think said Dayton/Oxford). Of course Cincinnati CET doesn't carry it (to my knowledge) I also would like to see NeedleArts Studio, but I haven't found that in our area on any channel. (I even had a few designs of mine featured on that show, and I've never seen it!) toot, toot, my own horn.

Archived