Pastel Baby blanket in THREAD!!! What am I thinking??Updated FINISHED PIX POST 40

vonnie

Here is a updated pix......I can't believe this but I only brought one ball of this thread with me :eek Guess I didn't think I would get to it :think so here is what one ball made...it is 21" wide and 7" long at this point. 1 strand of size 10 thread, but it seems smaller than a reg size 10 not sure why...

I bought 31 balls of this thread, so will have plenty, I think this one will take about 6 balls.....I am going to make the edge about 6" wide, not sure what I am going to do, ruffle? or just a flat edge....will see when I get the middle made..... ok here is the updated pix, won't be able to work on it anymore until I get home and get more thread :yarn the end of the month:no

th_IM001713.jpg

th_IM001712.jpg

Thanks for looking:yay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty and your moving along way faster than I would have expected.

Though I still think you are nuts for using thread. :P

Looks Great!!:cheer

I think we should make this a sport for the Crochet Olympics 2008 - Extreme Thread Work - make the largest item from the finest fibres!

Thread blankies, Laceweight Christening Gowns, How about a bedspread in #30???

Keep going!

Manda

Thanks, can't wait to get home and get some more thread.....I am thinking of putting on just a flat edging......any ideas?? I have 31 balls of this thread color, not sure what else Imight make.....

It is beautiful, I have been making a lot of baby blankets the past couple months, but never thought about using thread. I like working with thread.

I can't wait to see a picture when you finish.

Jo Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the results: Size 10 Thread from Caron Baby Rainbow, size 7 Boye hook it measures approx. 30" X 30" :cheer

th_IM001721.jpg

th_IM001720.jpg

th_IM001719.jpg

clickable

What do you think?? I am starting another one:eek :eek :eek :eek

Vonnie, that is absolutely gorgeous!

I love the edging you did.

I am in awe of you making that out of thread.

I don't know if I would have the patience to make one out of thread.

Maybe once I get all my Christmas projects out of the way I will attempt one. Maybe ;)

Awesome Job :clap:clap

Are you using the same color for the next one?

Yes I am using the same thread, I got carried away and bought 31 balls of this color since it was only .97 a ball. I think I only used 3 or 4 balls for this blanket so I will be able to make several. I will let my niece pick one and donate the others........ I had to make up the edging, as I went, couldn't find one I liked that would work on a straight edge.....Thanks for the compliment!

Vonnie - just beautiful, but, ARE YOU NUTS! I :clap :clap :clap to you. Never in my lifetime - I have a hard enough time getting a bookmark done in thread, let along a whole afghan.

Archived