My One and Only Felted Bag

crochetfun

Very nice-perfect tote bag for your crochet!

Thanks, I wish it was. It is quite tiny, about 7X11. I guess it's good for a small project. Not much planning went into it. I'll spend more time thinking of what I want before starting the next one.

oh how cute!! How big is it now??

Terri :yay

Thank you. It is about 7X11. It has a round base. (I like my bags a lot bigger, they can hold more yarn then:lol )

I also need to think of some closure for my next one. (anything that does not involve sewing)

That is really nice! I love it. I love bigger bags, too. Would be perfect to carry your crochet projects in or to carry essentials when you travel. Great job!!! I still haven't made of ago of felting yet. Have the wool & patterns, just need the time. Too many projects, too little time. :hook

woohoo!! looks great! isn't fulling fun!?!

I loved it. I was also very lucky, the bag turned out like this after the first wash.

Since then I have collected a pile of beautiful wool yarn for my next fulling adventure.:)

Thats really nice. I am just starting to get into felting and I think I may become addicted. LOL Can anyone give me any tips for felting?

kellyv

I've been dying to felt something but didn't know what since I'm not big on handbags... but yours is so awesome that I'm thinking that a bag isn't such a bad idea afterall! Love it!

What kind of wool did you use if I may ask? I love the colors!

What kind of wool did you use if I may ask? I love the colors!

Thank you so much.

The brown one is Bernat Lana, a merino wool I found at Walmart.

The other one is I believe Patons Classic Merino but I don't have the label any more and have no idea what the colour is called. It is more like Taupe.

The pattern: well, I had several of Marlo's bag patterns in front of me at the time, started out w. a round base, got an idea from her patterns on increases and then true to my good nature (or my stubborn streak) did whatever felt good. I believe it was mostly done in DC, I don't know if this helps?

I read somewhere that you must crochet loose for felting. That suits me just fine, I do that normally. The bag was done in about 2-3 hours.

It was really exciting when it felted well on the first try. I was so thrilled that I woke up my husband to show him. (He was not all that thrilled)

My kids think it should be a hat instead of a bag. If I trusted my skills w. felting I would love to try making a hat but predicting shrinkage is far from an exact science.

Archived