Making dragons out of thread.

Cotton Candee

Ame+%26+Limeage+with+Q+tip+resized.jpgAme+front+full+Close+up+done+resized.jpg

Ame+front+full+done+resized.jpgAme+back+left+done+resized.jpg

Limeade was the 1st dragon I made out of thread and soon followed was Amethyst (Ame). I just finished Ame and she is going to her new home tomorrow. Limeade stands 3.5" while Ame is 4.5". For scale Limeade is holding a Q~tip. The original pattern was created by oldbaglady :cheer which I greatly appreciate

Here is the next dragon just about done.

20070815_029.JPG20070815_031.JPG

She was done using a soft thread that I doubled up on to give me the thickness I needed. She stands 8" tall. The blue is a lovely chenille thread I also doubled up on.:yes

They are adorable! I just love them both, well, maybe I'm partial to limeade . . . . and now

la la la la - - puff the magic dragon, lived by the sea, and froliced in the autum mist in a land called honaleeeeeeee - la la la

I just love that you named them! I want one. I don't want to make them, but I want to have one. So very cute!

I just love that you named them! I want one. I don't want to make them, but I want to have one. So very cute!

Katy! I about fell on the floor when I read this...:rofl You, my friend, just made my week! Thank you for the compliment. I named Limeade since he went up for sale and I thought it would be a good selling tactic. :day

Ame got named since she was a custom order! :tup

Thank you all for your kind words!

:rose

:tyFor all of your kind words. Limeade & Ame are both at their new homes now and I actually miss them! I do feel a little like frankenstein though since I have another in the works that is also a custom order but this one is to be a giant among it's cousins! Pinkie is to be 7" tall and Thanks to Tampa Doll I am able to not break anymore hooks. Because I am using a real soft yarn this time, I am taking her advise and putting the stuffing in a colored nylon stocking first so that it won't show through and stay put! I will post Pinkie when she is done!

:tyFor all of your kind words. Limeade & Ame are both at their new homes now and I actually miss them! I do feel a little like frankenstein though since I have another in the works that is also a custom order but this one is to be a giant among it's cousins! Pinkie is to be 7" tall and Thanks to Tampa Doll I am able to not break anymore hooks. Because I am using a real soft yarn this time, I am taking her advise and putting the stuffing in a colored nylon stocking first so that it won't show through and stay put! I will post Pinkie when she is done!

I love your dragons. I've made 5 of them. The first one I still have. It was my practice dragon. The other 4 I made with different color yarn and hooks. The type of yarn and size of hooks made them all different sizes and they were all cute. If you don't mind, I'll show you my pics of my dragons.

P4010008.jpg

These are all of them. The largest lite purple is still with me. I have a pink ball of thread. I think I'll start on one today. This is one stuffie I love to make. I think I'll experiment with this next one and see what I can do with it. I love :manyheart how you did yours. :yes

Oh God - Ame is so adorable!!!!

Is the pattern listed somewhere??????

The pattern is in the original patterns section. It's called "Baby Snow Dragon". It's a easy pattern to follow and fun to do. Let us know if you make one. We'd like to see it.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42777&page=5

Here is the original pattern for "Baby Snow Dragon" by oldbaglady. Thank you all for your kind praise!

Island girl, your family of dragons are so cute!

Thank you for sharing.

Archived