Making dragons out of thread.

Cotton Candee

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42777&page=5

Here is the original pattern for "Baby Snow Dragon" by oldbaglady. Thank you all for your kind praise!

Island girl, your family of dragons are so cute!

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you too. :) I think your dragons are cuter than mine. :yes I'd like to try to make one with wings. How did you make yours?

I just made a new wing pattern that is real easy.

ch 9

hdc 2nd ch from hook and next 6 ch. (7)

turn, ch 2, hdc in ea st (7)

turn, ch 3, 4 dc in 1st hdc, 5 dc in last hdc. (5 dc in ea of the end hdc)

turn, ch 3, 4 dc in 1st dc, sk 4 dc, sc, ch 3, 4 dc in next dc, sk 3 dc, sc, ch 3, 4 dc in last dc. (3 shells on their side creating ridges)

turn, *sc in 1st st, hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, 2 dc in next 2 sts. ch1 to create point in 1st ridge and sl st dwn back of ridge aprox 3 sl st to base of next ridge*. repeat *, * for next 2 ridges then finish off.

Trim with hdc with an alternate color if you wish!

I do NOT write patterns so this is not a fool-proof wing pattern. it does work for me and I might have gotten something wrong since I did it by memory. I do know that it doesn't look like it is right until you get the ridges done and see that it is upside down from what you thought would be the top of the wing.

Let me know if this works for you!

Thank you for the compliment! I do like your little family though! They are so cute! Let me know if the wing pattern worked for you!

Thanks. I'll print it out and try it.:)

Archived