^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there Julie. I think boiling the billy meant putting the kettle on the fire for a pot of tea. hmm might have to check that phrase.

I have gotten to row 6 to find I didnt count properly. I started with 75 stitches for the bag and realise I need either 65 or 85 stitches. It means starting again. Oh man this will be the second time.

Morning all!

Heat wave here-have to get all my work done this morning-so when it is too hot to move-I'll find a cool spot to crochet.I'm starting over,but have finally figured it out.

stay cool,drink lot of water or moonshine and don't boil too many goats!? it is a watermellon kind of day.

dale e.

Mornin' all,

Don't know if'n I'll be able to meet my goal on this one - unless I can hit hyper speed today and tomorrow. I'm through row 52 so far and still a long ways to go. Had snakes in my boots last night so didn't get much rest. Gotta take the littl'un to get a hair cut today and run a couple other errands to run - including tracking down some more ranch red for this blanket - hopefully Joann's has it. (how do you like my "western" intermixed with my "midwestern" - I'm just not awake enough to figure out how to say all this in "western".

Check back later you's guys - whoops was that eastern?

Mornin to all you stay-abeds

Good thing we aint all on the trail together on a cattle drive, or you fellers would all have to catch up to me every mornin,since I wake up with the chickens .

Glad to find out that Ned aint boilin a billy goat. Somethin about that jist dont set well with me.

Welcome Winema--

I'll tell you all one thing, this one has been a challenge for me to remember names. I gotta have a cheat sheet next to me here til I learn who you all are . :D

I'd love to join yall. I'll be Dale Evans if the names not already spoken for. I'm fixin to find some colors this afternoon so I can get started. I figured out who I'll give the blanket too if Buttermilk doesn't approve.

Wild Bill I think you wake the :hen (chickens) up you are up so early! I enjoy reading and catching up while I sip my coffee :coffee and shake out the cobwebs :yes

I hope to get started on my blankie this evening once I'm home from work. I need to get it done before :snow

Just taking a bit of a break here before I get onto sending out a bunch of emails for a new research project I'm starting. Now if I could figure out how to write a research paper combining economics and crocheting :think I'd be one happy camper!! ANy suggestions from this group???

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Mornin' pardners...lol

I have decided on 3 of my 4 colors though... of course I don't have enough of any to complete the blanket....

So far black, med thyme, ranch red and???

I'll let y a know soon. 'Sides, i ain't allowed ta start nothin' else til I finish that one project...

Hiawatha

Mornin all! Stayed up with the owls fer the finish of the auction last night and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet! :morcoffee Crawled out of the bedroll with a kink in my neck feelin like I slept on a rock!

Welcome Winema!!

Wild Bill: Would you consider puttin everbodys name/western name on the first page? My memory is not what it used to be and that would help me keep up with who is who and might help the new fellers pick their names too. Just a thought. thanks!

hadn't gotten too fer with the blanket yet, but I am beginnin to get the hang of it...I think

S4300081-1.jpg

Mornin to all you stay-abeds

Good thing we aint all on the trail together on a cattle drive, or you fellers would all have to catch up to me every mornin,since I wake up with the chickens .

Glad to find out that Ned aint boilin a billy goat. Somethin about that jist dont set well with me.

Welcome Winema--

I'll tell you all one thing, this one has been a challenge for me to remember names. I gotta have a cheat sheet next to me here til I learn who you all are . :D

Miss Amy

Sorry, you little filly, but Dale's name was taken a spell back by Miss Leslie

. Nobody took Buffalo Bill yet if 'n you have a hankerin to be a BOY cowboy .

We'd sure welcome you on in, though ,no matter what name ya settle on .

Crazy- sorry I won't be much help t'ya when it comes to a research. I aint even really too sure of what one is, but I dont think I 've ever had much ta do with somethin along that line .

Now ask me how to skin a ratlesnake, i might be able to help ya though .

Mornin there Slim -- lookin a little too slim today. Better pull yerself up a log and set awhile by the far . Git you a big old hunk o that buffalo jerky to gnaw on.

I been awaitin fer somebody else to do the cookin today, so there aint much else here to eat at the moment .

HiYa- better git onto that other thing and git done so's ya can join in here with the rest. Don't wanna leave anyone behind .

Belle- them thair is some right purty colors.

And yesirree bob, I can go back and make us a list of all the nicknames in here for you folks to print out and lay aside of you .

Thank ye for the good idee .

Ok got us a list of all them names- a couple of you folks picked the same ones so I underlined the part of the name you'll have to go by, as long as you dont mind sharin .

Oooh, Hiawatha, I think that cornmeal would look good with those colors!

Oh aren't you just the smartest thing!! I love that color and I was trying to think of something to lighten it up! You rock! TY!!

Wale I figured Ned had the coffee on that there fire fer to 'elp werm us up this mornin' Although I'll reckon I won't be needin no wermin up as it's purty dern werm outside alredy. It's fixin to fell like 110 out today.

Belle, that thar blanket is looking reeel purty. You got yeself a right good start to it.

HiYa, I agree with Krystal. She a smart as a whip thar. That would make a grate color choice.

Wall, Ah finished tha first diamond on this here project. Ah'm startin' ta wonder if'n Ah shouldn't do just one more diamond er so an' make this here jacket inter a fancy game bag ter hang on mah saddlehorn when Ah goes out huntin'. Don't know iffen Ah got the patience ter do a whole jacket as all this crochetin' over tails at the beginnin and end o' each row is a gettin' down right bothersome. Anyhows heres what Ah got done so fer.

DCP_1149.jpg Tha colors don't seem ter show up so good on the pitcher, but it war tha best o' the bunch.

-------------

Dat's down rite purrdy. I shore do like the effect of the dimon pattern.

'Mornin' pardners,

Well, I got behind on my other project but I'm just a-itchin' to start my saddlebags so think I'm a gonna start that up today. Yep, that's what I'm gonna do :yes Gotta pick me out some fine colors. Must admit though, I really like the original color scheme so I just may not tamper with perfection :D

How , Pocahontas and Sittin Bull

I thought you guys got up early to watch the sun rise ?

You weren't out late last night rustlin up any trouble were you ?

---------

I'm more the stay up late an watch the sun rise kinda gal. :lol

Archived