^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jesse sounds like that might be one of them fancy schmancy type bags. I like the sounds of that. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :yes

I'm already almost ta my next cola. This here blanket seems to go purty fast once ya git goin.

Looky what I found while I was away the past two days doing some rustlin inthe north country!

th_DSC06309.jpg

Found this at something called a museum (funny it all looks like what I'd find at home in my teepee) in the gift shop in Calais Maine. WOW that's some purdy blankie that some little ol' lady make (I had to ask the young'en sitting there about it) The lady is deaf and living in a nursing home but makes blankies for charity and fund raising (so I was told). Makes me all the more eager to get my horse blankie started tonight. I'll be working on it a lot this weekend since we are going camping (really!)

Just thought I'd share the sample I found - how ironic is it to stumble across this beauty while my yarn sits waiting for me. And they were asking $69 for it.

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Looky what I found while I was away the past two days doing some rustlin inthe north country!

th_DSC06309.jpg

Found this at something called a museum (funny it all looks like what I'd find at home in my teepee) in the gift shop in Calais Maine. WOW that's some purdy blankie that some little ol' lady make (I had to ask the young'en sitting there about it) The lady is deaf and living in a nursing home but makes blankies for charity and fund raising (so I was told). Makes me all the more eager to get my horse blankie started tonight. I'll be working on it a lot this weekend since we are going camping (really!)

Just thought I'd share the sample I found - how ironic is it to stumble across this beauty while my yarn sits waiting for me. And they were asking $69 for it.

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

gee Karen that is really ironic that you are about to make one and you then come across one in a museum. The lady did a great job on it and I like how they left the frills on the end. The colors are nice. This pattern sure is nice with any color combination.

Crazy Horse - That's so funny that you found that. And I agree with Ned (Wendy) that it further goes to show that this pattern really looks good in any color combo.

I presented DH with his 1/2 done blanket/afghan/throw - can't decide what I'm calling it - and he said he loves it. Now I just have to finish it up. I'm going to try to stick to working exclusively on this til it's done.

Crazy - Well now ain't that a hoot an' a half that you found that other blanket! Thanks fer letting us see that :hug

Slim - Aww gee, ain't yer man a great guy? You'll have that there blanket ready fer his horse any day now :yes

Well between rustlin' up chow and hooking Ah've gotten almost 7 rows done on meh saddlebag. Took me a sec to figure out what to do but then it done sunk in to meh l'il ol' pea brain :lol

Sitting Bull - Now that you're getting started, you'll probably pass me up in no time. If you hadn't been named Sitting Bull, you'd probably be called Flying Hook :lol

Sitting Bull - Now that you're getting started, you'll probably pass me up in no time. If you hadn't been named Sitting Bull, you'd probably be called Flying Hook :lol

:lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol

Here she is, Chief Flying Hook... :D

I'm dying to get this project started, but really, folks.... if I take on one more project right now without finishing SOMETHING, I'm in for a heap of trouble.

I haven't finished something in what seems like a dog's age...gotta get sumthing to the final stages soon or I'll be hogtied. Did I mention I don't have anything even NEAR the final stages?

I reckon it might be an ELEPHANT's age before I'm ready to ride on out with you cowpokes into the land of Navajo....

Okay, compadres....

I need a little assistance. Since I can't START this project, I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. I'm thinking a double-stranded van-gogh style blend of blues that repeats.... but here's where I start to get REALLY crazy and go against the grain (remember, I'm Jesse James...)

I was wondering, since this is a bag for DD8... why do I have to stick with diamonds? I want to do this with my dc's... each of the black sections is a dc on a sc line... I'd put a space between each one with NO dcs... and a row in between each as well that's just sc. Whatcha think?

th_navajobutterfly.jpg

Okay, compadres....

I need a little assistance. Since I can't START this project, I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. I'm thinking a double-stranded van-gogh style blend of blues that repeats.... but here's where I start to get REALLY crazy and go against the grain (remember, I'm Jesse James...)

I was wondering, since this is a bag for DD8... why do I have to stick with diamonds? I want to do this with my dc's... each of the black sections is a dc on a sc line... I'd put a space between each one with NO dcs... and a row in between each as well that's just sc. Whatcha think?

th_navajobutterfly.jpg

Very cute! I'm sitting here thinking there are other uses for this technique and it definately makes an interesting stitch pattern.

Morning folks

Looks like it's been busy in here -

Crazy -thanks for sharing that photo-- that is a pretty color combo .

Krystal- you could give that a try and see how it works for you. There is also a similiar pattern to this one I think put out by Coats & Clark that has hearts on it rather than diamonds. It's in a baby afghan pattern book ( one of the small ones ), so if any of you have that, you could also use it .

Good Morning.

It is a rainy, dark day here so I should get alot of crocheting done. I've started on my second diamonds. :clap

Krystal~I think that'de be cool, I love butterflies so i'll be watching to see if it works. Good Luck! :cheer

Morning all, no time to read past post but wanted ya'll to see my progress so far. (Didn't stick with one color, too many pretty things in my stash)

160_6022.jpg

160_6021.jpg

Alot of end to weave in, but It will be well worth it! Gonna put a liner in and edge it in the green color (yup the darker color is a sage green, bad camera too early etc) . No internet at work today so I'll catch up with ya all later.

Oop sorry bout the size no time to fix it now but will upon my return from the range!

Laura, I love the colors you chose...it looks great!:cheer

Doc, mighty fine work!:clap

I been ridin herd and got nuthin accomplished the last two days on my blanket. That outlaw husband of mine is home today and we are goin to town fer the duration. Tomorra I am going to buckle down on this here project. I love to see how everbody else is comin along...gives me a push to git er done!

Krystal, come on out and go ropin with us! :devil

Archived