^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mornin cowpokes

And welcome Tonto. I have seen you on tv, so it is good to meet you in here.

We're always glad to welcome a fellow trail rider .

Thanks to everyone who has posted photos -they all look pretty to me. I knew this pattern would be great, since any color combo looks pretty .

I didnt post an update photo, because i havent gotten any further on mine since last photo. I had another afghan that needed completed and got it done last night, so maybe I'll get some more done on this one this weekend .

Why Slim that saddle blanket o' yers looks beeyootiful! Great job :yes !

Ned - 42 rows! Why that's fantastic! Great job :h5

I tell you what, the more I work on this pattern the more things I wanna make with it! I could make me a blanket, a bag, a buncha pillers, chair cushions, rugs.............

Is it too late to join this here saddle blankie making project? :P

I have been lurking for a while. I love Barbara's (Slim's) color combo :heart and would love to make that one for our living room. But my husband likes the one Crazy Horse posted from that museum. (I like it too but it won't *go* in my house...) :D

How's about 'Little Britches'? (She started out bad, but 'Because of the brief duration of their crimes and because they reformed shortly after, their exploits have often been passed over in favor of more colorful outlaws.' That's her and Cattle Annie...) Although I like Cattle Annie's outcome better than Jennie's... (she died of tuberculosis... Annie got married and settled down.)

Tina

Miss Julie -

Since I'm going to be wandering WAY out WEST and not able to chat much for a while, do you think you could put people's latest progress pictures/posts as a link in the first post? That way I won't have to wade through all the posts when I finally get back from my latest drive... :manyheart

Well I'm a sittin down with yarn and pattern now to start this here saddle blanket. I should be doing some more on that thar whacky stitch graph one but think I'll work on this instead. :lol

Welcome Little Britches - thank ye' I'm pretty happy with those colors too - I got lucky and had some good ones in m' stash.

I'm glad t' hear you saw the error of yer ways and left yer life of crime behind ya.

Krystal

Yea, that's a fine idea -- as soon as they have a completed project, we'll post some type of links pn page one for the photos of them. i dont wanna do it right now with just parts of each one done, then it'll be a pain to go back in a change them when they get further along, but yep, the finished items, would be great .

Welcome Little Britches! Love the name :yes

Barbara's right. This is one of the best and most fun patterns I've seen in a long time. I wanna make tons of stuff from it :lol And I can't even tell you what is so great about it. It just....is :hook

I love your saddlebag, Ned!

I'm much obliged to every one for the welcome. :cowgirl I have already started my saddle blanket. I hope it is okay to use the same colors you are using, Slim. (I just love those colors and that is the colors I have in my kitchen and livingroom)....

th_Picture239.jpg

I have posted a little bit about Little Britches and Cattle Annie on my blog today (also about this CAL and this afghan, too). Iffen anyone has a hankering to read it. :P

Tina

Howdy Pardners,

Thanks for all ya compliments on my saddle bag. Started the other side now then I'll figure out how big ta make it.

Tina your colors are looking mighty fine.

Heather great start. Its going to look great.

Well mine isn't looking as distinct as all yours. :( Do you DC into the row below or just in the front loop of the same row? Mine doesn't look right at all.

Archived