^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

^^^^HOW ^^^^

:cowboy

Is that what you are asking ?

Winter is drawing Near .

Warm Blankets are needed .

I am making a Navajo Afghan to keep me warm this winter .

I need some friends to join me in this adventure out on the Lone Prairie .

Your horse could use a warm saddle blanket while out riding the range .

http://www.craftingranny.com/patterns_archive.asp?ArticleSource=40

(On this same web page there is a Navajo Jacket made in the same design )

~No Bad Guys Allowed ~

You cannot have your picture on the Pony Express Wall as a Bandito.

You cannot be a cattle rustler or have robbed a wagon train .

:no

And one more thing -

You must use either a famous Cowboy or Indian name to play .

Thank you ,

Wild Bill Hickock

This here's the list of nicknames we have so fer :

~~~~~TINTYPES beside the names as they get finished ~~~~

Julie-Wild Bill Hickock

FuzzyFerret(Krystal)-Wyatt Earp

Misa (Cara)-Sitting Bull

Amber- (Jesse) James

Heather- Miss Kitty

Barb-Slim Pickens Finished Navajo

Tammy-Sacajawea

Peggy-Calamity (JANE) http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/sweetheartto5/Crochet1491.jpg

Judy-Annie Oakley

Leslie-Dale Evans

Donna-Doc Holliday

Crochet hen(Elizabeth ) Belle Star

Renee-Pocahontas

Theresa-Mountain Charley

Linda-Tell Sackett

Vik-Gaucho

Kimbo-Trigger

Mel-Tex Ritter

Wendy-Ned Kelly http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o274/ghost8964/P1020491a.jpg

Beth- Billy the Kid

Dragonfly(Linda) Belle(STAR)

Kelly- Squanto

Karen-crazy horse http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/econ-nerd/DSC06488.jpg

Krystal-JesseJames

Traci-Hiawatha

Mountain angel-Cat Ballou

Becky-Winema

Amy- Dale

JimmieLu-John Wayne

Plaidkitty-Sal

LauraLee-Cole Younger

GrammieEssa-Tonto

Tina-Little Britches

Melannie-Morning Dove

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyatt

Glad to have you as part of the gang. I hope someone will make the jacket. I'd love to see it completed. I have wanted to make one myself for a long time .

Gonna go see if I can rustle us up the rest of the posse .

You be thinkin on the colors you want, hear ?:D

:clap Wild Bill Cody, this is gonna be so much fun! :clap

Now, I just have to sit down and plan out the colors... :think Still undecided. Plus I've got to figure out the yarnage needed to get this beauty completed.

Wooohoo!!! Giddyup! Gotta gallop on off to the general store for the yarnage!!!:lol

Krystal er.....I mean Wyatt!

Howdy Wild Bill,

Hmmm, think my horsie could use a new blanket. And that jacket ain't bad neither :yes

Okay, give me about 4 days and I'm in. Think I have pretty much those colors in that Vanna yarn that likes to jump in my buggy :yes

See ya out on the prairie,

Sitting Bull

Bull-

Glad you joined us . I think you and that horse could both use matching things, they'd sure make you both outstanding in your field .

Git it ?

Just a little humor .

What was yer horses' name ? My mind aint what it used to be .

hmmm I might be persuaded to make one in a lapghan size. I too would need a few days before starting.

Wyatt~ where in TN are you?

Just call me Miss Kitty!! :lol

I'm gonna go with purples and greens. Just got some Caron Deep Violet on sale - 5 skeins and I might have some of the other colors in stash.

Julie~Another great idea for a CAL! I made 3 of these in the 80's and I think I have one of them somewhere. :think My pattern was typed by a neighbor of my mom's.

I won't join in on this one, but will have fun seeing what colors everyone comes up with. :hook

Dale Evans here!!

Ready to hit the "happy trails" to go out west and will be needing a navajo blanket for the cool mountain air.

hmm,what colors to use-cranberry,black,white and can't decide on the other color.

need to go find that horse-trigger!!!

Well now, you all, this will definitely be a challenge for me, because I gotta remember your COWBOY Names .

Here goes -

Heather -you'd make a great Miss Kitty, just make sure you draw on that mole a little better this time. Last time, you went on a BENDER and drew it in the middle of your forehead.

Looked like MaBarker had been takin potshots at you .

Slim- good of you to come along. You're not a real big talker in the group, but once you get around the campfire at night, you can spin some pretty tall tales. Hope to hear some of them while we're a ridin' together .

Sacajawea-- now this is gonna be a challenge to type out-- do you have a shorter nickname ? SAC doesn't sound quite right fer a lady .

Calamity-- you better look out . If the OTHER Calamity gets in here, there's gonna be trouble. I hope some of you will step in between 2 ladies if they were to get in a scuffle.

Annie- yep, these'd be good as baby -ghans. I made my grandson one many moons ago that his mom still kept fer him . Scrap- ghans would also work just fine.

Dale- you mentioned trigger but not Roy- you guys aint on the outs again are you ?

Ya know, the more I lookit this here pattern the more I think it might make a good handbag somehow, too. Yep. That's what I think. Now, I've been known to be wrong. At least 14 times a day. But I might be on to sumthing this time. :yes

Howdy ya'll!

I love this pattern for the blanket. My mom made one very similar for me in high school (won't say how long ago that was!)and on one of our military moves, it just disappeared...guess the mover liked it too. I hadn't seen a pattern that looked like it until now! I'm in, just call me Belle Starr and I'm going to try to make this in the colors my mom used--black, white, cranberry and turquoise.

Belle

Archived