^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Belle. I am a might proud of how it's lookin so fur. I won't be workin on it again fer about a week as I'm gittin bogged down with these here projects. I got that there swap to finish up and then I'll have me some more time to work on this here blanket.

Looky what I found while I was away the past two days doing some rustlin inthe north country!

th_DSC06309.jpg

Found this at something called a museum (funny it all looks like what I'd find at home in my teepee) in the gift shop in Calais Maine. WOW that's some purdy blankie that some little ol' lady make (I had to ask the young'en sitting there about it) The lady is deaf and living in a nursing home but makes blankies for charity and fund raising (so I was told). Makes me all the more eager to get my horse blankie started tonight. I'll be working on it a lot this weekend since we are going camping (really!)

Just thought I'd share the sample I found - how ironic is it to stumble across this beauty while my yarn sits waiting for me. And they were asking $69 for it.

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Wow, how cool is that! I love them colors! What color is the dark 1 row shade black or dark blue?

Cat

Good morning gals!

Laura - Wowee! That's one fancy saddlebag :yes Excellent work !

Doc - I like them colors you picked out fer yers :yes Coming along great :tup

Well, I like Barbara's colors so much that I stole....errr borry'd.....it. I got me 13 whole rows done on my saddle bag last night. Trouble is though didn't make it quite big enuf. Might have to turn this one into a bunkhouse piller then make me a saddle bag next. I tell ya what though this technique makes one right purdy fabric, don't it?

I'll take me a pitcher here in a bit :photo

Wow, how cool is that! I love them colors! What color is the dark 1 row shade black or dark blue?

Cat

It was beautiful. The dark color is actually a nice coffee brown - MMMMM now I need to go rustle up a refill for myself :yay

I hope to get more done on my own blankie this evening - I started on it last night and have four rows done. I'll get a piture in here once it looks a bit more interesting - looks like a black stripe now :yes

Everyone's projects are looking good. I love all the different color combinations.

I started on mine and got the first 17 rows done. I decided on only 3 colors though. I like the way the color combinations are working out. I will try to post progress pics sometime this weekend. I will also post pics of the other 2 of these that I have. One of them my great grandmother made and the other one (a king sized one) I bought last year at a yard sale for $5.

Have a great day ladies

Annie~~

Mornin' all - Gettin a late start here today - my little varmints have had me mighty busy up to now.

(Krystal) James - sounds t' me like y' already done started yer new project, what with all that contemplatin and chart makin - y' might as well get the yarn and hook out and start stitchin' I shore do like that idea o' yours - I was thinkin' m'self that one could make just about any kind o' picture with this type o' stitch - an' the way I figure it, yer just the outlaw to do it.

Cole - That saddle bag o' yers looks mighty purdy. Wouldn't mind havin' one m'self.

Daylee - Y'all be careful out ther on the range. Send up a smoke signal if'n ya get into trouble.

Doc - That's a great start on yer saddle blanket - any horse would be proud to wear it.

Sitting Bull - If I weren't such a generous sort, I'd say thems were fighting words - stealing a (wo)man's colors - good thing thar's plenty to go 'round.

Didn't get but one row done on dh's blanket yesterdy - gotta get back on the wagon today and get some serious stitchin' done.

Y'all have a good day now

Slim - yep, I have started this one in mind, but I cannot start another one in hook...

Thing is, I really DO NOT feel like starting something else. I'm at the point where if I see another little rustling project that doesn't grow fast enough, I think I'll give up altogether. I just gotta get me something finished.

Thats some mighty purty colors in that thar bag Cole!

Wow this must be a popular pattern if you find it in a store for sale that is so neat to run across things like that.

I still haven't gotten started and it's looking like it will be Monday afore I can start it. :( I'm going to try it at 105 stitches for a lapghan for the nursing home.

Welp, here's my progress on this here saddle bag.....actually it's a mite too small fer a saddle bag so I'll turn this here one into a piller for mah man's head then make a bag. I kin see me makin' a messa stuff from this here pattern. I really like it :yes

navajo0810.jpg

All these here culurs is mighty fine! Luv um all! And Jesse (krystal) Ah'll be raght thar wit ye whin ya git started! Ah gots me too miny irons in the far to start enythang yit too. So lits holds our hosses tagether and git some wips done, it might take me near 2 weeks for I kin git a goin on this!

Welp, here's my progress on this here saddle bag.....actually it's a mite too small fer a saddle bag so I'll turn this here one into a piller for mah man's head then make a bag. I kin see me makin' a messa stuff from this here pattern. I really like it :yes

navajo0810.jpg

OOOOH, that's mighty purty. I know what you mean about making a messa stuff from the pattern. As I was going along I thought Boy wouldn't this make a purty vest made side to side instead of top to bottom. I might end up doin that as I don't know if I got enuf of this purty blue. I only had one skein and it was from a AC moore mill end pack a couple years ago.

anyone near finished with the sweater yet? How many skeins of each color did you need? I didn't add any diamonds to mine; but am doing with a J hook hoping to bump size up a bit to size 14. If it's still too small, I'll do what I usurly do and just add a few rows of border along the seam sides. Tee Hee. My colors are a dusty blue, dark green, goldish brown, and dusty rose. I'll try to figure out how to get the photos out of the computer and onto the site during my week off next week.

Would make a mighty fine poncho to, dont ya think?

Cat

Howdy ya'll...Just checking in to see what younz are up to. I'm still working away on my jacket! Almost got the back completed. Got 1 full diamond to make and then i've got 'er done and its on to the fronts!

There lots of great pitchers posted here. Looks like everbody's gotta good color theme going on!

I'll try'n git pitchers posted up for younz t'marra!

Krystal (Wyatt)

So here's where I'm at now. About 18 rows done and starting to look real purdy.

th_DSC06310.jpg

I'm saddling up the ol' pony tomorrow morning and heading off to the wild blue yonder for some camping this weekend so I'll get lots more done hopefully. I'll post an update when I'm back Monday afternoon.

Just curious if anyone knows why my diamond pattern is not as clear and distinct as others? :think I'm not redoing anything but am curious what I may be doing wrong. I am catching the front part of the sc from the second row below where I am for the dc but the stitch does not seem as distinct as others I've seen posted. Oh well... :think

Cara yours looks great,I love the colors and making it into a neckroll is a great idea. So many things you can do with this pattern and all the different colors that everyone is using its just wonderful.

Karen from what I can see yours looks fine. Well done.

Amazing that this thread just started this month!!! What a wonderful idea, and everyone wants to join even me. I would like to be called "Tonto". I really liked his horse, it was a paint. And he was so loyal and honest, and a great friend, so maybe I can be like him someday.

I don't know what colors yet. I will look thru my stash first and see what I can find "to work on this here pattern" I am an okie after all, so talkin like this shouldn't be that hard fer me to do!

Thanks so much for this pattern!! I have an afghan like this, in yellows and greens, someone just left it behind in a house I moved into. The colors are really "70's", so maybe I can make one more earth/nature tones so it will never be left behind by anyone who might inherit it!!:blush

Welcome Tonto, we're shore glad to have ya.

Sitting Bull - Yer off to a right good start with that thar pillow - good idea, by the way - I'm sure that man o' yers will 'preciate it.

Crazy Horse - I like the looks o' your blue blanket too. Is that darkest color navy or black. I cain't really see no differnce 'tween your diamond pattern and anybody else's. It looks good to me.

Archived