^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol I know. I could tell from the photos of it that it had to go to the row before to make the pattern but couldn't read it in the directions on the pattern. It doesn't help to have a little dyslexia :lol

Good mornin'/evenin' to all you citizens of the wild west. Seems like some o' y'all have gone into hidin' - did y'all get into some kind of scuffle with the law - and if so - shame on ya for not invitin' me to join in the fun...

I'm slowly but surely pluckin' away on this here blanket - my progress has slowed once I passed the birthday deadline - but I reckon I can finish it up this week. The younguns started back to school today so that should give me a little more time for to work on m' projects.

Any o' y'all who ain't currently wanted by the law - come on in, set a spell and let the rest of us know how yer doin' on your project.

Oh sorry about that Sherriff. It would be nice and peaceful there then.

Im starting the second side of the bag and then as that one gets level with the first side I will work out how big to make the bag. It makes a change from doing squares.

Good Morning.

I'm here, I was exhausted yesterday. I worked on my navajo a bit. It's coming along good. I have to get my photo up at some point. Maybe today, after the laundry mat & other stuff.

Well, i'm off to get ready to go. Chow babes. :D

Mornin' gals,

Ooh boy. I done finished reading my whodunnit book and rested mah thumb fer 2 whole days. That'll just have to be long enuf. :yes I'm a hankerin' to get back to this here project. Mah man done said he liked this here pattern so much he'd like ta have a blanket and some more pillers fer bunkhouse! I must say I agree with him :yes

Anyway, got a drs appt (yeah agin. They aint' gunna be happy til I'm all tested and broke to boot :lol) and a quick stop at the tradin' post fer some more supplies and I'm back on the hook :hook

Howdy Slim. The oldest is off at the schoolhouse starting her second week of educatin. The youngest is waiting fer me to finish the operation on her beloved doggie. His innards was afallin out so had ta stitch 'im back up agin. Second operation on this feller in a year.

Cain't play with my saddleblanket for a few days yet. I gotta get this here toy finished up for the swap. I'm plannin to be able to git to this here blanket come Wednesday. But I'll sit and chat with ya for a bit. I sure love to chit chat.

I hate whin ma dawgie's innards fall out. :rofl

You and me both! Have had that problem with a bear - he's undergone multiple surgeries and is looking rougher than ever - but he is highly beloved by ds

Yep them innards were fallin all over that bed so dd told me I had ta fix em up today. He's all better now though. Although she tried to get me to stitch him up with a dull needle. I told her I couldn't do that it would hurt to much. She looked at me and said "you know he isn't real. he can't talk" :lol What a smart cookie I have here. Puppy is lookin purty rough here too. I got him out of one of them crane games for a buck and ever since dd has been in love with it. The material is starting to feel thinner and I can tell I'm resewing up the same seams. One of these days the poor thing is going to be all thread from sewing him together :lol

I hear ya, Doc - the things we do for those younguns, huh?

Well I think I done figured out how many rows this here saddle blanket needs to be. Based on the pattern repeat and wanting it to be at least 48" wide, I came up with 171 rows. I've already done 101 so I figure if'n I can do 10 rows per day for the next week- it'll be done by Sunday.

Alright here's a silly question for y'all. Is the fringed edge the top and bottom? Or are they the sides? I am thinkin they are the top and bottom of the blanket so what I'm doing is making it wider with each row right.

Howdy y'all. Got my saddle bag all done cepten fer the lining. I also made myself a fancy schmancy rug to set beside my bunk when I'm back at the homestead. I'm out ridin the range fer now and will post some of them thar fancy picutures when I get in.

Everyones blankets are looking awesome. I get the feeling I will be making a full size one before too long. It is a very addictive pattern........help me someone......I've got way to many things on my plate (er Hook) ....tee hee!:hook

Well I don't believe it but I am going to have to rip out what I have so far and start over... :( I didn't do my sc's in the back loops like they said to.... I have to do it right or it will bug me forever. I'll look at my afghan when it's done and say 'I hate that thing I messed up on it all over...' :blush I have actually made two similar afghans to this one, but done in all one color. Here is one I still haven't finished:

Bonnie's Afghan

And a close-up:

Diamonds

I remembered this one was done in the back loops only, then said 'Duh', I probably am doing this one wrong now...

Now so's ya'll can see what trouble I got into over the weekend, here's a mug shot they took of me and Cattle Annie (they got our names all mixed up, too :lol ):

th_cattleanniebritches.jpg

I'm just joking, I didn't get into any trouble, that's an old, old picture. :wink

I guess I better rustle up some grub for my young'uns and I'll catch ya'll later.

Little Britches

I know what ya mean Little britches! I did that too but I had only done the first 3 rows so I left them and started doing the back loops on row 4. Kinda makes a border :lol

Alright here's a silly question for y'all. Is the fringed edge the top and bottom? Or are they the sides? I am thinkin they are the top and bottom of the blanket so what I'm doing is making it wider with each row right.

The frinded edge is the sides or atleast that's how I understood it. :think

Donna - As far as the fringe - it would certainly work either way, but on mine the fringe is the top and bottom.

Little Britches - sorry you have to start over - luckily this pattern works up pretty quickly - you'll be caught up to where you were in no time.

The Bonnie's Blanket is wonderful - I love the diamonds in the diamonds - it looks huge, too.

Archived