^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

How , Pocahontas and Sittin Bull

I thought you guys got up early to watch the sun rise ?

You weren't out late last night rustlin up any trouble were you ?

Nope just been having that awful old real life messing with me for a few days. Family reunions. Sick cats. Not getting any sleep a-tall :no So my get up and go, done got up and went :lol But should be back on the sunrise circuit here soon :tup

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pocahontas

Maybe I'd better give you the night watch duty then. I'm usually down for the count by 8 or 9 pm .

You keep an eagle eye out for horse thieves, would ya ?

----------

Sure, I can do that.

Oh aren't you just the smartest thing!! I love that color and I was trying to think of something to lighten it up! You rock! TY!!

Oh, you are so welcome! I heard those colors and that cornmeal just popped into my brain. I can't wait to see it! Another one you might want to add (can you use more than four colors) is that windsor blue. That's a nifty color, too.

Nope just been having that awful old real life messing with me for a few days. Family reunions. Sick cats. Not getting any sleep a-tall :no So my get up and go, done got up and went :lol But should be back on the sunrise circuit here soon :tup

Oh, Cara - I hear you! My get up and go done got up and went alongside of yours. I've had about a week now of little sleep, thanks to DD. I am SOOO hoping the coughing fits go away soon. I .... NEED ..... SLEEP

OK, can someone help me out?

I am SERIOUSLY thinking of double-stranding this one and making it into a drawstring backpack for my DD8. BUT I need to know how many stitches are in the repeat? By that, I mean how many stitches are point to point on the diamond, and do two diamonds next to each other share their points?

I want to make a rectangular bottom and have 2 diamonds on each long sides (double-stranded) and one diamond on the short sides. And I think I'm going to change colors for each bumped out dc row, instead of only having 4 colors. Make sense?

Afternoon All.

After fighting all the kiddos off the puter & my Hubby changing the livingroom around I finally have a second to get on. I haven't crocheted any today but I will get a move on this evening.:hook

How is everyone's day been?

Afternoon All.

After fighting all the kiddos off the puter & my Hubby changing the livingroom around I finally have a second to get on. I haven't crocheted any today but I will get a move on this evening.:hook

How is everyone's day been?

Hey, Tabby!

I haven't started this ghan yet - about halfway through the center graph panel for DS's ghan. I want to get that FINISHED! Then I can play with my fun, bright colors - I'm not a Sagittarius for nothing:D

Krystal

I don't quite know if this number would help you, but there are 19 stitches, then 1 dc which makes the point, then 19 sc's again and 1 dc-- so the diamonds share the point .As the go IN,there will be an odd number of stitches each row, from 19,17,15,13,11,9,7,5,3,1 for the diamond --

Hope this will help you somehow.

I have no idea how to make a pattern into anything else other than what the paper says, so it won't do you a lick of good probably .

Maybe if you'd write it out on paper, you could figure out what your starting chain should be, then mark off on the paper what each row will be .

Hope this helps somehow .

Actually, that is exactly what I wanted, Julie!

xooooooooooooooooooox

oxoooooooooooooooooxo

ooxoooooooooooooooxoo

oooxoooooooooooooxooo

ooooxoooooooooooxoooo

oooooxoooooooooxooooo

ooooooxoooooooxoooooo

oooooooxoooooxooooooo

ooooooooxoooxoooooooo

oooooooooxoxooooooooo

ooooooooooxoooooooooo

So this is what the bottom half of the diamond would look like?

Yea, then if you are going on from the BOTTOM of that, the stitches would go back OUT again --

The row directly UNDER your bottom row would have dc,sc( under the center dc( then a dc again, so there'd be a 1 sc ), from there the next row UNDER would be a 3 sc --- it just repeats over and over like that .

Howdy! Been out rustlin' up trouble with the young'uns and now I'm just dog tired. Lordy it's oppressively hot and humid here this week.) Went to Joann's and Michaels, neither of which had TLC Essentials Ranch Red which I need to finish this blanket.

Joann's had Barn Red though which I thought looked real close so I bought one skein. When I got it home and compared it with what I've been using - it actually looks like it might be the same - I wonder if they just changed the name - I don't know, but I'm gonna try it and see how it looks.

Krystal - I think you already have this figured out, but I know to adjust the starting chain, you subtract (a multiple of) 20 from what it says in the pattern (which I think is 205) I actually went with 185 because 205 seemed a little too long for mine.

Barb - if they're close, I would use one color (Barn Red), then do all your in-between colors (green, black, cornmeal), then use the Ranch Red, then repeat. That way, it will look deliberate if they look slightly different in the light.

Thanks for the "20" hint. Now to figure out exactly how big it's going to get with my double-thickness. I'm going to make a solid rectangle bottom, then work up from there. Well, that is if DD actually wants one like this or not. Guess I should ask, huh?

Thanks Krystal - that's a really good idea. I've already done 3 "stripes" with the ranch red, but I should have enough to to 3 more if I need to "balance it out" on the other side of the afghan - if you know what I mean. So I'll start using the barn red now and see how it looks.

Here's what I've done so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/1043560968/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/1043561080/in/photostream/

Woohoo! Welcome aboard Cat! Glad to have ya hangin' out wit us cowpokes!

Have you picked out yer colors yit?

Wyatt

Well, I got sum colors in mind. Now to see if there be any yarn to match my imagination. I'm a thinkin maybe some sort er terrycotty with a shade of blue and tan or ecru. I'll be seein what Wild Wally's has to choose from next week sumtime. Gotta haul the son of to that there unyversity place this weekend. It's a mighty long haul. Bout 5 hours each way. Probly would take a month if it weren't for those newfangled horseless carriages. Right now it's so dang hot all my popcorn has gone and popped itself in the cupboards! Only got that Aircorndishwashin stuff in our bedroom. So i'm about wiped out, almost makes me want ter stay at work a little longer, almost, not really, .....

Hugs & Hollers,

CAT

Wall, Ah finished tha first diamond on this here project. Ah'm startin' ta wonder if'n Ah shouldn't do just one more diamond er so an' make this here jacket inter a fancy game bag ter hang on mah saddlehorn when Ah goes out huntin'. Don't know iffen Ah got the patience ter do a whole jacket as all this crochetin' over tails at the beginnin and end o' each row is a gettin' down right bothersome. Anyhows heres what Ah got done so fer.

DCP_1149.jpg Tha colors don't seem ter show up so good on the pitcher, but it war tha best o' the bunch.

Tell that is looking mighty fine. Ya doing a great job on there navajo ghan.:clap

After looking at the many colors everyone is using I'm beginning to think that any combination of colors we come up with will be great!:hook

After looking at the many colors everyone is using I'm beginning to think that any combination of colors we come up with will be great!:hook

I really must say I agree with that :yes

I agree too that you could use pretty much any colors and end up with very nice blanket, bag, jacket, whatever. I'm actually thinking that a single color version would make a nice baby blanket.

Archived