^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc...I like your color choices...... almost like mine!

Wild Bill and Tell...mighty purdy there, mighty purdy!

Tab...I know you'll figger it out....yer just good that a way!

Ok, Ok I can't stand it!! Y'alls having a little too much fun with out me! (Like I need another WIP, ya know??)

I can't start right yet, got one small project to finish first. Soon as it's done, I'm here.

BTW call me Hiawatha...

Bill mayhap I'll give er a go at the scrap ghan then. I ain't never made one o thems and lord knows I gots myself plenty o them scraps layin around. :yes I s'pose it would do good. It will probably be primarily blues and mayhap some purple too. I'll go back and take another gander at them scraps.

Squanto checking in - not to much done in fact still trying to decide on the colors I will be using.

The Cheif & I are celebrating our 24th today - married many moons ago

So I don't think much will happen on the crocheting end

For those who are working on the blanket - I don't really like the looks of the fringe on the end and after looking at some of the pics (thanks ladies great job by all!!!)

The look is similar to the afghan stitch - anybody agree?

The only other way would be to weave in the edges as I go......

Sorry I don't speak Cowboy - :lol

Okey dokey cow pokeys. I found me a color scheme and I ain't gonna change it again. Bill I went ahead and made er a scrap one. It's gonna have a leetle bit o all colors in it. I will try to get a bit o it done and mayhap one of them thar peetchers posted tomorra for y'all ta see.

I've been thinkin that maybe the one I'm a gonna try is gonna be a scrappy bag thingy.

Tab - it sounds like ye're gonna wanna join each new row with the method "Join with a sc (instead of ch) to the first sc in the previous row".

Put yer loop on that thar hook, insert hook into first sc stitch, then pull up yer loop an' sc like yer usual.

I might be mistaken, tho.

Jesse

Hidey Ho all

I am off to mow the yard to cool down in the 98 degree weather . Gettin a little steamy in here .

Calamity - I think Jesse explained it real well. Let me know if you still get stuck. PM me . I will look at it with one eye open . :eek:D

Charlie- thank ya kindly !

Hiawatha -- shoot, I wish I remembered more of that pome they taught us in the schoolhouse. Course the kids had their own schoolYARD version of it, but we wouldnt want ta hear that one, I dont think .

Welcome, we are happy to have you join us .

Doc- cant wait to see the scrap-ghan it'll be pretty I'm sure .Like the okey-dokey cow pokeys ! FUNNY ~

Quanto- 24 years, that IS many moons. Me and SimpleMan Sam

recently celebrated 30 years. So many moons, I am partially comatose . Seems to be the easiest way . :D

Jesse

Thanks fer the help on the explainin things -- gotta go mow, back later if I don't melt into the ground .

Evenin' Everybody -

Just thought I'd check in with y'all.

Wild Bill, your blanket is looking very nice - great colors

Dale - Thanks for asking - I still don't know if I can get mine done by Thursday, but it's still in the realm of possibility at this point.

Vik - If you're missing the warm weather down your way - you're welcome to visit up here. Today was around 90 degrees F and 127% humidity. A good excuse to stay indoors and crochet if you ask me.

Tell - Love your colors - excellent choice there.

Happy Anniversary Squanto to you and the Chief. 24 years is a lot of moons indeed. Congratulations!

I've gotten 12 more rows done so far today. IF I can get this done in time it'll come right down to the wire - still going for it... Will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Bull -don't fergit to have the blacksmith make a new horshoe fer that horse of yours. I been telling you people are a callin him PegLeg. He lost a shoe back last fall on that buffalo hunt and you aint got it fixed yet .

Oh gosh yer plum right!! I done fergot about that! Been having livestock issues today. Now the little filly's back on track :yes

Well howdy there pardners! Just thougth i'd check back in and post a little bit of my progress.

I'm a blue's kinda feller and thought i'd use the orignal colors dun in the pitcher. So fer, so good. I'm getting slow in my old age and aint goin' fasta 'nuff cuz younz are way 'head of me.

Guess'n I'm gonna head on over to the black horse saloon fer a nice sit-down and take a load off fer 'while.

Wyatt

NavahoJacket.jpg

Wyatt...them thar colers is as purtty as Miss Kitty dressed up fer the Christmas Ball! Ya'll are way ahid of me, hain't started mine yet. Gotta cuple other things to finish up first!

Well, I guess I'm a bit slow on the draw. You takin' any knew cowgirls in this CAL??? I'd like to try that jacket meself!

Cowboy nicknames huh? Had to google that to come up with ideas and all the ones I remeber was taken. Found one though. Howz about Cat Ballou??? I remember the song from the movie but don't remember the rest.

Cat

That there's a real purty start ya got a goin' there Wyatt.

Welcome to tha group Cat. :welcome Tha more tha merrier I allas say.:ghug

Happy Annisversarry there Squanto. :cake You're a doin' great at a stayin' tagether. Says a lot o' good thangs 'bout you an' tha Chief.

I haven't started yet but I have rustled up my yarn. Black, white, royal blue and a lighter blue. Methinks it may look a bit like Wyatt's - which looks very nice so far I must say :yay Almost bedtime here... I hope to get started tomorrow - too fuzzy and dopey at this time of day to count to 100 and something :think . I'll post some proof of my progress once I have some progress :blush

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Everyone's ghans are coming along great. I've only accomplished 3 rows tonight.

Wyatt~I love the blues, i'm a blue kinda person too. :manyheart

I don't think anyone really understood what i was asking with the fringe & i'm not sure how else to explain it. But that's okay I think i'm doing good. :hook

Well, i'm off to watch H3lls Kitchen. Have a good night. :D

Crazy Horse, I like yer way o' thinkin'. The blues make it reaaaaaal purty-like I muss say. Cant wait to git 'er finished. Dont wanta being shiverin' my buttocks off sittin' on ther on tha range.

Plus, I'ma thinkin' I mus make a blanket fer ma horse Silver as well. Cant go and let 'im freeze ta death or nuthin.

Wyatt

Tabby....

When you finish each row, you will cut the yarn and re-attach it on the right hand side with a slip knot into the 1st SC of that row and then SC into the same stitch. thats how I did it. I then take the 'tail' where I attached it there on the right and bring it up so its laying along the top of the stitches of the last row and when I make each SC I am also crocheting over the end of that loose piece of yarn.

Your always Ending off on the left side and re-attaching on the right side. You never turn your work. I dont slip stitch into the knot. I just ignore it and attach my yarn back into the 1st SC with a slipknot there and then SC again into the same stitch to count as the first SC of that row. You dont count the Slip Knot as a stitch.

I hope this helps you understand it a little better.

Krystal....wyatt

One more dumb question from the peanut gallery here :think If you stitch over all the tails on each end doesn't it seem thicker than the rest of each of the rows of the blankie? Or did I bump my noggin once too many falling off my pony?? :think

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Karen.....It is slightly thicker on each end if you do that. I've only crocheted over a few ends, but for the most part, I've left the loose so I can weave them in later because of this exact question you had.

I didn't like the slighter thickness on the ends myself, plus I crochet tight anyway and it makes it pucker a little bit for me.

Krystal

Mornin all you fellers and lasses out there

Sounds like we got us a bigger posse today - Welcome to Cat Ballou .

I was never much of a one for the movin pitcher shows, but I's herd that name .

Sounds like some of ya'll are off to a purty good start,then others we aint a herd from. They may have herd that The Long Arm of the Law was out and about , and they're keepin time in a cave with a grizzly bear til the coast is clear.

No new progress to report on this end. I'm a tryin to make 3 blankets at once, so I has to share ma time with them all .

Anyhow, you fellers keep a lookout . I hear tell there's a dust storm kickin up its heels , so we may all be a hidin in the caves til it blows over .

Archived