^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

Howdy y'all and a tip of m'hat to you little ladies out there.

(Okay, that's about all I got, western speak wise, sorry)

I ended up with 19 rows done last night - and this morning I have an idea that just might be crazy enough to work. I want to try to finish this in time for DH's b-day - the only catch, his b-day is this Thursday, the 9th.

I think I MIGHT be able to do it though if I really try. He commented that he really liked the looks of it so far - and when I recovered from my fainting spell - the wheels started turning.

He's been bugging me to make him a blanket for the longest - I could just never find a pattern that he liked and I wanted to make - always one or the other.

Anyway, he's going out of town tomorrow AM and won't be back until Thursday afternoon, so I could surprise him with it - IF I can get it done in time. Think it's possible?

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy!

It so hot here you'all have to hang out at the lake to keep the sweat out of your eyes and the skeeters off your back.I a shady spot,and started hooking the blankit.White,black- pondering on the next color.I reckon I'll head done to the market wallies world on trigger-if I can get him movin in this heat. Dale

well, dang! you can do it slim!! I love that old rustler I live with, but that varmint can be a major interruption in my crochet plans! this sounds like a great opportunity. Just get out your favorite videos (preferably westerns--to get n the mood) and snacks and hibernate with that there blanket!

DH is workin and the teen critters are headin out to the baseball game so I aim to git some time in myself!

Belle

Hey dragonfly...looks like great minds think alike!:lol We also had two Calamity Janes and they just split the difference and now one is calamity and the other jane. Want to do the same? One of us can be Belle and the other Starr...that woman was outlaw enough for the both of us! Whattaya think?

Hi I guess i will be Belle Starr since my two favorites are taken (Calamity Jane and Wild Bill). Belle had a bad temper but i will keep her under control!She also liked to hang out with desperadoes and i think there are a few here.I am making the Jacket,i think Belle will look super in it.

Tell- you shoulda got that Billy to go with you -- he's a little rough around the edges yet and a good sermon might just help him out, if you could git him to leave his 6 shooter to home .

Belle- good idea ya got there-- you'll have to be Belle, then Linda (dragonfly) will hafta be Starr.

We don't want any gunfights at the OK Corral, so gotta play it fair .

Howdy Calamity

How's the Rot Gut Hangover today ?

:yuck:lol

Days like today I wish I really did hit the bottle. My kids are driving me insane. Ya know since you've been so kind to me Julie, I think i'll send ya a present. :devil

I would love to hitch my horse near the fire and join in this CAL

I'd like to make a blanket for the tepee and have the colors already choosen....funny with all that as been on sale at the general store a honest trade of pellets and grain I was able to get some yarn

Kelly aka Squanto

The tepee would look great with a cream, taupe, chocolate and possibly turqa or deep teal all in the RRSS line

Saddle bag was full and the tepee is running out of room for the stash :P

Squanto

Julie- I'm sure you look just fine and if my memory serves me correctly, men liked the women a little meaty back in them days,so they'd be strong, hard workers and be able to have lots of kids and still work hard on the hacienda, so you are in like Flynn .

( Don't know who that is or what it means, but you're okey dokey- and don't you forget it . )

Tab- if the packages MOVES, Return to Sender .

Tab

forgot to tell you ,we moved to Uganda .

No postal delivery there .We are in a remote location .

You think you gotit all figured out, huh? Well, you are wrong my dear. I will just rent a private plane & parachute the little monsters well deserved package to you. :D

Hey Starr, that works for me. We can be evil twin outlaws! I am workin on the afghan...just hit row5 and the first color change comin up. What about you?

:cowgirl Belle

Crochet hen,Ya,i'll split the name with you,i'll take Starr if you don't mind. I always wanted to be a starr LOL.What are you making the jacket or afghan?

I am in!! :manyheart I'm known as Crazy Horse but my friends just call me Crazy :think I'm going to make the sweater - the cold weather is a comin' again and I need something to keep me warm. I'm thinking black, royal blue, light blue and white will look real purdy just like in the picture :yay And I think I have enough yarn in my stash to do this :yes Need to finish up one project and I'm starting this one (maybe even later tonight)!

Crazy Horse (AKA Crazy)

Ummmm.....I have a big question. The directions on the jacket so 'Do not turn work'. Well how else you gonna work the piece if you dont turn it? Its not worked in the rounds?!

Why wouldn't you just change to your different colored yarn whenever its called for and work as normal with turning at the end of the row?

Am I missing something here? HELP!!!

Krystal a.k.a. ~Wyatt~

Welcome Crazy Horse ! Colors sound good, and we are glad to have you among us .

Wyatt

The way the pattern is, you always work from the same side, so you go across the row ( in the beginning, from right to left.)

When you get to the end of that row, you leave a tail and finish off that row. Don't turn the work, but go back to the firststitch you worked on that just completed row,then make the second row,starting with the same stitch again ( you leave the tail at beginning and end . )

You do every row like this. On the jacket, i don't quite know what you'd do with the fringe, unless you'd either weave in the fringe on the ends , or leave the fringe, so that it'd look a little like a western-type jacket, and have fringe on both sides .

I've never made the jacket, so not quite sure how that'd work.

I made the afghan once about 20 years ago,but have no experience with the jacket .

Maybe one of the others working on it will have a better idea for you about it .

Archived