First Thread Project -- a pillow case

countrygirl

Lovely job!

I'd forgotten all about my aunt's embroidered pillowcases with lace trim. Thanks for bringing back a lovely memory!

it's just beautiful. looks like a wedding gift! congrats and god luck with future thread projects

It is for my niece's hope chest. I did the embroidery also. I've got a pattern for a doily from CPC for my next project.

I've already made an afghan for her and next will do a weddiing shawl. I know this all seems old fashioned, but in this day and age I think it's more important than ever. Country Girl

Did you crochet the trim and then attach it to the pillow case or do you crochet it right on the pillow case?

It is beautiful. I've embroidered several pillow case and always thought about doing the crocheted trim, but wasn't quite sure about how to go about doing it.

I am wondering how you attached the trim as well. I know you can get plain pillowcases with hemstitched edges. Those are pillowcases with "built-in" holes to crochet from, right? But, where do you find them? I dont want to pay shipping and would like to find them locally....

Thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

Archived