Triangular Cotton Shawl

MamaLeigh

Here is a picture of a quick and easy triangular cotton shawl I made. I wore it at church last week, which makes it the first wearable that I have actually worn in public! It's made with Peaches 'N Cream cotton yarn in winterberry. I used the kerchief or shawl pattern found here.

P1010114.jpg

P1010116.jpg

P1010117.jpg

You did a great job. It looks so light and comfy. Can I ask? Why did you try Peaches and Cream? I have only used P/C for dishcloths. And I am not adventureous enough to try something other than what the pattern calls for. (go ahead...call me "boring" lol)

tis nice. will be cool (yet heavy) in summer and surprisingly warm in winter

You did a great job. It looks so light and comfy. Can I ask? Why did you try Peaches and Cream? I have only used P/C for dishcloths. And I am not adventureous enough to try something other than what the pattern calls for. (go ahead...call me "boring" lol)

I used Peaches 'N Cream because it was available (very small yarn selection in my town), because I thought the cotton would be "just enough" for summer without being too hot, and because the color matches one of my dresses perfectly. It's surprisingly soft. I must admit that I asked my hubby a gazillion times, "Does this look like a giant dishcloth?" It doesn't look that way at all.

But, guess what I made with the leftover yarn... a dishcloth, of course! ;)

That is a really lovely looking shawl!!:cheer I like the color, too!! :yes I like using "Peaches and Cream" for baby bibs too besides dischloths. The one thing I am afraid of in using "Peaches and Cream" for a wearable is the "shrinkage". :eek Anyway--you did a great job on your shawl!!:clap

That is really pretty. I just love their ombres. I keep looking at that color and passing on it, now I think it will be in my next order.

Great job and again I love the color.:hook

Archived